Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Because that wouldn't work for PvP, and PvP is where it's needed most. PvE it's not really needed at all.
    It is needed in pve. We do not have an instant spell to cast while moving (can't rely on procs, sw: p hits like a wet noodle), other casters that we compete with can cast while on the move - locks via talent, shamans via glyph, mages just use scorch. Boomkins have similar problems as us.
    It's our 10k sw: ps against spells that hit 5-10 times harder.

Still, the main problem is our gear scaling, not dps while moving.

^ PvE pov

Any of you actually tried playing on the PTR? I was looking at the patch notes, and I thought shadow priests would stay at the bottom of the charts... well, in all the lfrs I did on the PTR (which currectly scales everyone to an ilvl of 480), I found myself in the top 4 every time! Now, of course we need to factor in the noob factor (new boss/mechanics to learn), but even then I'm new too: we're learning as we pull. On pull shadow priest are still very low, except when we "pre-orb", and even then I see hunters and mages pull ahead for the first 2-3 mins of a fight, then slowly but surely I arrive from my ~10th place and climb upto to 2nd/3rd... But I will tell you, mobs sub-20% health, I don't know what they did to dks, but they absolutely rape my ass! Never was able to finish over a (good) dk in the end. (haven't check what spec he was in)

That's with full tier 15 bonus *scalled down* to ilvl480. I'm not happy that Blizz still won't really fix us to our former glory, but from a PTR/LFR point of view, it doesn't look so bad... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffnifty View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @Percephonie1: @Ghostcrawler @h3lladvocate And you still lose 25% output in the stance you're not in while no others healers have to deal with this. Why?

@Ghostcrawler: @Percephonie1 Chakra is the Holy priest resource. You could ask why Holy paladins need to build up Holy Power before using WoG or EF.
    Banging my head on the table now...didn't think for one second when I tweeted that, he'd then respond about it being a 'resource'! I just hope some members here can tweet a reply to his nonsense and get a better outcome.
    Does quantity of tweets work with GC? Does he need 100 priests tweeting him until he admits he was wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Am I mistaken, or dont HoTs and DoTs update dynamically with trinket procs?
    Always been like that with haste, mastery, and SP. Not sure about crit.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Same case with crit.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Dots snapshot everything right now. The t15 set bonuses and the crit trinket are going to sunergize so well together.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

100% crit for 4 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    100% crit for on anything you cast in the next 4 seconds
    Fix'd.

That makes it stupid powerful with T15. Drye said that he had a SWP last 2 minutes with the trinket and T15 2P bonus on PTR.

In case anyone is wondering, the Mastery required to keep SWP up indefinitely on a target (assuming no 4P bonus to give VT a 10% chance) IF SWP is applied while under the effects of this trinket is, on average, 53.85% Mastery, or 10154 Mastery Rating while Raidbuffed.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Fix'd.

That makes it stupid powerful with T15. Drye said that he had a SWP last 2 minutes with the trinket and T15 2P bonus .
    I didn't use the trinket. I used one of those lucky doos out in Kung lai that gives you 100% crit and the dot lasted for much longer than 2 mind, but I got the actual dot to have almost a 2min duration lol. If this does work the same way with the trinket, it's going to be very op. We tested lock/sp/boomkin dots, both lock and sp dot took a snapshot of the crit, the boomkins didn't. This will be very interesting if it hits live like this.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

15+ Year Old Account
    Fix'd.

That makes it stupid powerful with T15. Drye said that he had a SWP last 2 minutes with the trinket and T15 2P bonus on PTR.

In case anyone is wondering, the Mastery required to keep SWP up indefinitely on a target (assuming no 4P bonus to give VT a 10% chance) IF SWP is applied while under the effects of this trinket is, on average, 53.85% Mastery, or 10154 Mastery Rating while Raidbuffed.
    O.O That may even be an attainable amount of mastery next tier.... interesting!

Edit: well, it's probably attainable now if you really wanted to, but attainable without sacrificing too much haste is what I mean.

Edit 2:

Next tier is going to be really interesting actually, I hadn't noticed the 100% crit chance trinket until now, this means BiS will be:

Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen

plus one of:
    Breath of the Hydra
    or
    Wushoolay's Final Choice

Combined with Sinister Primal Diamond

Those are HUGE procs all around. We are very likely to be proccing up to like 65-70k spellpower, 63% spell haste and 100% spell crit. Combined with very potent set bonuses and the resulting mastery stacking that may even reach the 53.85% Twintop just mentioned... interesting ^^

A few lucky spriests are going to get a Devouring Plague with like, 10 standard ticks (+4 from the haste), with 50% bonus ticks from mastery so 15 ticks average, with 100% crit and 70k spellpower?

Ignoring the colossal DPET that must have (sleepy right now, math not working in head or I'd figure it out for you), the heal effect alone off a 15 tick 3-orb DP would be 45% of our maximum health, or like 200k healing for a 450k health pool. What's interesting about this healing though is - the spellpower and crit procs don't need to factor in for it to heal this much - just the 30% haste proc + 25% haste breakpoint brings us past DP+4 - so with ~54% mastery - crazy PvE self-heals!

Edit 3: Moar thoughtzzz!

I suspect Destro locks are going to look awesome next tier as well actually. Since they can float Burning Embers until they have the 100% crit proc with no DPS loss for holding onto the Embers (as we do with Shadow Orbs) - They can guarentee critical Chaos Bolts - which means they can stack mastery/haste and ignore crit with that trinket - so every now and then they can throw down 1 or 2 like... 1 to 1.5 million damage Chaos Bolts back to back? Pretty neat. I don't play icky mages - but I think this would be really solid for like... Combustion or something right? Probably scales terrible for Frost though.

Edit 4: Even moar thoughtzzzz! (Ok yes, I should really take a nap before raid, this post is making me realize how out of it I really am right now)

So, it will be theoretically possible (but probably not very practical) to maintain 100% crit on VT/Pain and 30% haste (or 65% haste if you have the 25% haste breakpoint and 54% mastery, might need heroic gear for that though). There are a lot of synergies at play here - one of the coolest ones though is Divine Insight - which would then maintain the 30% spell haste proc all fight and thus the 30% higher proc chance (in single target) the entire fight. Crazy!

Sleep Mode Activate.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-02-13 at 01:05 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted

Mind Blast Blasts the target for [ 2,780 + 191.7% [ 3,322 + 229.1% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage and generates 1 Shadow Orbs. Can be cast in Shadowform. Priest - Shadow Spec. 3% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast. 8 sec cooldown.
    Was mind blast just buffed on PTR? (from front page)

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Was mind blast just buffed on PTR? (from front page)
    You kind of missed the part where they said they were buffing it by 20%. Welcome to the party.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    yep, its 20% buff that was mentioned long ago
    besides, basic dmg of dp is come back

btw very interesting thoughts about our trinkets ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    You kind of missed the part where they said they were buffing it by 20%. Welcome to the party.
    I've logged in less than 5 times over the past 2 months, and I stopped playing my priest since over 3-4 months ago... I'm trying to keep track of the changes in 5.2 in case I start playing agin, but it's a bit difficult when you don't really feel commited to a class any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I've logged in less than 5 times over the past 2 months, and I stopped playing my priest since over 3-4 months ago... I'm trying to keep track of the changes in 5.2 in case I start playing agin, but it's a bit difficult when you don't really feel commited to a class any longer.
    True enough! Well, Insanity was redesigned, and Mind Blast got a buff but that's really about it for Shadow (Angelic Bulwark is now undispellable, and Phantasm no longer blocks ranged attacks)[/size].

Discipline is where most of the changes are this patch. Oh, and apparently Chakra is now a resource for Holy, instead of a stance system. Somehow. But not. I don't know.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    True enough! Well, Insanity was redesigned, and Mind Blast got a buff but that's really about it for Shadow (Angelic Bulwark is now undispellable, and Phantasm no longer blocks ranged attacks)[/size].

Discipline is where most of the changes are this patch. Oh, and apparently Chakra is now a resource for Holy, instead of a stance system. Somehow. But not. I don't know.
    I wish they would just make up their mind with Chakra. I mean, nothing they have done has fundamentally changed the way Chakra works. As the Beatles say, let it be...let it be.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Insanity being redesigned into the boring static bonuses they went great lengths to murder....

sorry getting cranky this time of year :/

Deleted
    Fix'd.

I am not sure I like how this will play out. So it looks like we are either going to try to get much mastery so we can use the trinkets and keep our SWP up near 100% of the time without refreshing which would make for very boring play or we would not stack mastery and our damage will be so random depending on how lucky we are with SWP uptime up with the trinket proc.

Either way, even if our damage would be insanely good I don't think the playstyle would be fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I am not sure I like how this will play out. So it looks like we are either going to try to get much mastery so we can use the trinkets and keep our SWP up near 100% of the time without refreshing which would make for very boring play or we would not stack mastery and our damage will be so random depending on how lucky we are with SWP uptime up with the trinket proc.

Either way, even if our damage would be insanely good I don't think the playstyle would be fun at all.
    I think that kind of a playstyle would *heavily* favor Solace and Insanity because you wouldn't have to worry about DoT refreshes while MFIing, and, that much Mastery would make MFI do a ton more damage.

That being said, I still see this getting nerfed.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that kind of a playstyle would *heavily* favor Solace and Insanity because you wouldn't have to worry about DoT refreshes while MFIing, and, that much Mastery would make MFI do a ton more damage.

That being said, I still see this getting nerfed.
    Insanity seems especcially favourable with the synergy for Divine Insight too - with more Pain ticks and more DI procs and mastery stacking, DI procs would be very very common - so DP uptime would be much higher than in 5.1 - so combined with far fewer DoT reapplications, Insanity uptime would be amazing.

All that said, ya - without seeing what the full potential of all of the above is yet - I very much suspect this is going to get nerfed. Then again, it's all based on a trinket - a trinket which is probably almost as overpowered for Destro Locks and Fire Mages - so the most logical nerf would be to just nerf the trinket, rather than to presume we are all managing to line up 100% crit for 4 seconds with 30% haste for 10 seconds procs, and re-apply out dots for the rest of the fight during that small window (and, have that small window randomly occur near the start of the fight).

Since it's all predicated on synergies between stacking proc effects they are adding - it could go live (probably through negligence, or the risk of it occuring is so small they don't consider it an issue). If it does go live, it could have adverse effects for Shadow actually - since the randomness of our DPS would suddenly be colossal (if all this lines up on the pull, then that Spriests parse is going to be hilarious).

The top end parses on Raidbots (which players often point to as a measure of balance) could show Shadow as being the 'best spec', but in reality, it would be because of a huge delta from top end parses to average: based on who has all the right items to pull it off, has BiS gear, thoroughly knows Shadow and how to exploit this, and then has crazy luck in lining it up on the pull.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-02-13 at 01:59 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter