Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    lol. Gc's recent explanation about ww monks sub rogues and enhance shamans give me a clue actually.. Shadow priests might be doomed to suck because they are easy to play.
    Yeah thats why arcane mage, affliction warlocks and ww monks are top dps classes atm, and all three are very easy to play^^ not saying shadow is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I think their goal is to effectivelly remove shadow priest from both pve and pvp. Perhaps they will succeed. Lets see
    Maybe thats why they even gave WLs Stamina buff in addition to Spellpower buff.
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-02-27 at 10:03 AM.

Deleted
    I was playing around on the PTR with Power Infusion and i came to think about it being a magic buff.
    If they dont want to make it too powerful they could atleast make it undispelable? Isnt pretty much every other dps-cooldown
    in the game immune to dispels or am i just too tired right now?

Should they make it undispelable to make it more attractive for pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I was playing around on the PTR with Power Infusion and i came to think about it being a magic buff.
    If they dont want to make it too powerful they could atleast make it undispelable? Isnt pretty much every other dps-cooldown
    in the game immune to dispels or am i just too tired right now?

Should they make it undispelable to make it more attractive for pvp?
    How many times do I have to tell you, that was imply a compentency GC does not possess.

Deleted
    7 out of 11 classes touched last night. Not priest. 5.2 planned to be released tuesday/wednesday. DPS Tuning: nothing about shadow.

Given from a week ago

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The 20% mindblast increase is a promising first tweak for shadow priests. Any chance mb haste scaling from ptr will come back?
    Explain why your DPS needs it. What percent of relative DPS will you lose in the course of 5.2 because of scaling? (Source)

instead of buffing mind blast damage, why not scale the cd with haste? Would help stat scaling a bit.
    Will your relative DPS drop 10% over the course of a tier because of haste scaling? If not, why does it matter? (Source)
    Not looking good for shadow...

Deleted
    instead of buffing mind blast damage, why not scale the cd with haste? Would help stat scaling a bit.
    Will your relative DPS drop 10% over the course of a tier because of haste scaling? If not, why does it matter? (Source)
    Yes, it will. That's why you buffed our Shadowform from 20 to 25%. And it's not gonna be enough. So yes, it does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    7 out of 11 classes touched last night. Not priest. 5.2 planned to be released tuesday/wednesday. DPS Tuning: nothing about shadow.

Given from a week ago

The 20% mindblast increase is a promising first tweak for shadow priests. Any chance mb haste scaling from ptr will come back?
    Explain why your DPS needs it. What percent of relative DPS will you lose in the course of 5.2 because of scaling? (Source)

Not looking good for shadow...
    It's funny because we are dead last in dps (perfect scenario) and they acknowledge it's low but they don't know how to fix it but now they claim we don't even need it.

Arcane doesn't need a dps and scaling boost either since it's the what 2nd in dps to everyone else? But you just gave them a buff... so?

After some tests on the last 2 nights of 25HM encounters, even if Spriest issues aren't solved, it's not too bad for us.
    Except from jinrok when we're last by far without any way to even compete with the second to last, in others fights the design of them often help the Spriest.
    We have a lot of fights where we can get 50%+ uptime on ToF and will be able to compete.
    IT will be like always since early MoP, either you can get high ToF uptime, or you're crap with no way to do anything.

This is so turning into a second WLK for Spriests, We'll get a decent buff by the time 5.4 gets released most likely... (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    This is so turning into a second WLK for Spriests, We'll get a decent buff by the time 5.4 gets released most likely... (hopefully)
    I just hope it doesn't get as bad as HM-ToC getting sat because I didn't have any burst for portals/volcanoes on Jaraxxus....ah the memories....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    I just hope it doesn't get as bad as HM-ToC getting sat because I didn't have any burst for portals/volcanoes on Jaraxxus....ah the memories....
    It's ok, they all came begging us to join for heroic anub. Vamp Emprace and mind sear DPS, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    It's ok, they all came begging us to join for heroic anub. Vamp Emprace and mind sear DPS, good times.
    before they nerfed it

ahhh good times

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny to see crits as Disc in the PTR that are the same amount as a regular heal, but at least you still know that it crit. They need to add a way to know that a PWS crit, because there's no indication at all. Unless the raid frames now show absorbs as was indicated in another thread.

Deleted
    Since I'm not using the regular blizz UI raid frames, this crit PWS shizzle might be a bit eeky. I can see the % of the shield still there, so guessing that's good enough, not like you can do anything about it even if you know the shield is a crit, other than know you can prolly cast a gheal and dont need a flash.

Deleted
    do you guy's know if they fixed shadowy apperation's ( or something ) AI?
    cause if not i might not take the 4pc bonus as its to buggy atm ( they are standing more next to me then to exploide on the boss )

Quote Originally Posted by Xepias View Post
    do you guy's know if they fixed shadowy apperation's ( or something ) AI?
    cause if not i might not take the 4pc bonus as its to buggy atm ( they are standing more next to me then to exploide on the boss )
    GC stated at some point they did some improvements on it. I don't know how good this improvement is, however. I think they also increased the number that can be up at a time.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    We have a lot of fights where we can get 50%+ uptime on ToF and will be able to compete.
    Yeah having 50%+ uptime on a talent to be able to compete. While other classes have a much easier time or rotation to compete, Spriests rely on 1 talent to be even considered viable. Seems legit.

Maybe spriests will get some fun stuff next like warlocks get green fire cause the class is not played as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    GC stated at some point they did some improvements on it. I don't know how good this improvement is, however. I think they also increased the number that can be up at a time.
    From what ive seen on streams they are still buggy as fuck. primordius for example when your tanking him on the door to ra'den they just fall right through the door or just stand there and despawn. stuff like that
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-03-04 at 06:11 PM.

Somebody really hates shadow priests at blizzard. Theres really no choice at all with these changes in the talent tree. I suppose it offended someone that glyph of mind spike was actually a viable way to play differently than the way they wanted our class to play. Shadow word insanity is crap and the new and improved shadowy apparitions is tantamount to a pity fuc$ in the A$$. If I could kick everyone at blizzard in the crotch I would. How in gods name would any rational person think shadow needed nerfs in PVE at this time, and to hurt our abilities in PVP to boot? All I can say is' I hate you too Blizz' because thats pretty much whats your telling me.

We don't even have any shadow priests in our 25 for 5.2, we are all healing lol

Which is cool, i missed Holy anyway.

Deleted
    Well GC really waited til the last second before 5.2 until he decided to admit we have the worst multi dotting capabilites out of all the multi dotters and our single target needs a buff so he chose to buff SW:P which imo is a good choice, this change cant affect pvp in a major way so. 25% extra dmg to SW:P yay

Deleted
    Found it a bit interesting that they chose to buff sw over vt, but I definitely don't mind. A ~3% (more on multidot fights) damage buff doesn't bring us quite where I'd like to see us, but it's honestly close enough for me to be okay with it (my dk will still rock my sp though:/)