10+ Year Old Account
    Sinister Primal Diamond – 1.18 base RealPPM on damage/absorb of harmful or periodic spell. No ICD.
    - That base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient:
    Arcane: 0.282
    Fire: 1.155
    Frost: 0.589
    Demonology: 0.519
    Affliction: 0.610
    Destruction: 9.631
    Elemental: 3.489
    Moonkin: 6.192
    Shadow: 0.495
    Anyone Else: 1.000

Trinket and Legendary metagem updated :

Elemental
    Intellect DPS
    - Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – 15% chance on landing harmful spell. 45 sec ICD.
    - Wushoolay’s Final Choice – 0.56 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful abilities and spells, and periodic spells. 22 sec ICD.
    - Breath of the Hydra – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from periodic spell. No ICD.
    - Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD. Proc rate multiplied by 0.00 for non-caster specs. Proc rate multiplied by 0.5 for Balance Druids. Proc rate multiplied by 0.25 against player controlled units. Proc rate multiplied by 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15) for the various Item Level versions of the trinket.
    - Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance – 0.77*(1+SpellCritChance) RealPPM on critical harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.
    Enhancement
    Agility DPS
    - Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – 15% chance on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 105 sec ICD.
    - Renataki’s Soul Charm – 0.56 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD.
    - Talisman of Bloodlust – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
    - Bad Juju – 0.50 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD. Voodoo Gnomes are mostly for flavor and deal ~200 damage before armor per hit.
    - Rune of Re-Origination – 0.92 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD
    - Proc rate multiplied by 0.1 for non-melee specs. Proc rate multiplied by 0.25 against player controlled units. Proc rate multiplied by 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15) for the various Item Level versions of the trinket.
    Elemental
    Sinister Primal Diamond – 1.18 base RealPPM on damage/absorb of harmful or periodic spell. No ICD.
    - Base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient:
    * Elemental: 3.489
    Enhancement
    Capacitive Primal Diamond – 21.00 base RealPPM on landing melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
    - At 5 stacks, fires a Lightning Strike, which deals [280 + 75% AP] Nature damage. This is considered a ranged attack for Hunters, and a melee attack for everyone else.
    - Base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient:
    * Enhancement: 0.266

Quote Originally Posted by Orogrim View Post
    Trinket and Legendary metagem updated :
    RIP Haste.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    just from the looks of that, it seems echo/EB mastery build will be the way to go for elemental. lots of uptime on meta (once you get it of course, month(s) away right now?) and primal elemental doesn't benefit from spell haste if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    - That base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient:
    Arcane: 0.282
    Fire: 1.155
    Frost: 0.589
    Demonology: 0.519
    Affliction: 0.610
    Destruction: 9.631
    Elemental: 3.489
    Moonkin: 6.192
    Shadow: 0.495
    Anyone Else: 1.000
    Multiplier for Balance can't be right.

6.2 for a Dot Class? Sp and Affli sit at .5 / .6

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    just from looking at that list, seems like he missed with that decimal point for balance. i saw that 6.192 and made a strange face

The rppm/meta changes are basically a 10% hit to enhancement's dps in SimC's T15H profile before re-optimization

I don't understand the Realppm system that well. Can anyone tell me what the uptime would be for elemental with the latest changes for the meta gem ?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    The rppm/meta changes are basically a 10% hit to enhancement's dps in SimC's T15H profile before re-optimization
    These latest changes make me sad. Will be looking forward to the next plan...

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    I don't understand the Realppm system that well. Can anyone tell me what the uptime would be for elemental with the latest changes for the meta gem ?
    My friend who has been simming the new numbers say the uptime will be roughly 70-75%

10+ Year Old Account
    The way the system works is that "RealPPM" values are based on 0% haste, but individually tweaked by class (as we're seeing here). These numbers are then adjusted by Haste, so the numbers aren't actually bang-on accurate, it's basically a scale factor for that class. With Elemental, we'd be getting about 3.5x as many procs as anyone else.

It's not a proc chance. PPM mechanics are a guaranteed certain number of procs per minute. What this is saying is that Elemental will get about 7x as many procs per minute as a Shadow Priest would. Shadow would be getting about one every 2 minutes, Elemental will be getting about 4 a minute. So, obviously, Elemental gets WAY more of a boost out of it, with a much higher uptime.

Actual uptime is going to be harder to determine, since there'll be overlap, but even before factoring Haste in, Elemental is probably going to have around a 50% uptime. With Haste, even more. It's going to devalue Haste, but on the other hand, Mastery is really strong too, and that's not necessary a huge problem (though it may lead to Elemental Mastery not being optimal, even with the change in 5.2).

Deleted
    Come on Endus, are you still keeping faith that they will "fix" us before the patch goes live?

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Come on Endus, are you still keeping faith that they will "fix" us before the patch goes live?
    If the meta gem holds as is, it should bring us up a lot in comparison to other casters and let skill decide who makes it towards the top.

If the meta gem holds as is, it should bring us up a lot in comparison to other casters and let skill decide who makes it towards the top.
    If it's effectively 60-70% uptime, it could force us to reforge out of haste to avoid hardcaping our spell. It can be very difficult regarding the haste rating we get in full t15HM (ca. 12k).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Have you been paying attention? I've been pretty pessimistic about Elemental's performance since the beta. I was arguing at one point that the lack of personal DPS could be considered offset by Stormlash Totem, but Ghostcrawler commented that they didn't consider that part of our contribution. After that point in the beta, I've been saying Elemental is lagging behind. Right now, I think the changes are good, but likely not quite enough to make me happy. That's what I've been saying ever since they dropped.

What else do you think I expect them to "fix"? I've never said I was expecting further changes, unless you're going back to before they did any of the number tweaks for Shaman. I expect us to be below average, but closer in the pack than we were for 5.0/5.1.

People have this seriously weird idea that I only ever say Shaman are awesome and fine, and if you check my post history, it really isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Orogrim View Post
    If it's effectively 60-70% uptime, it could force us to reforge out of haste to avoid hardcaping our spell. It can be very difficult regarding the haste rating we get in full t15HM (ca. 12k).
    and it devalues any sort of haste CDs (BL, EM) procs (trinkets) or boss mechanics. I dont think haste proc was the right way to go for the legendary meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    and it devalues any sort of haste CDs (BL, EM) procs (trinkets) or boss mechanics. I dont think haste proc was the right way to go for the legendary meta.
    yup problem atm is we're looking at alysrazor style haste with meta/berserking/lust...and 1 dot...when really we need something channeled so u get more ticks the more haste you have, atm elemental caps haste far too easily so spells under 1 second are just a huge dps loss vs other casters.

we need something like mind flay, say lightning beam, used instead of lightning bolt, it does less damage, but when its channeled with retarded amounts of haste it'll be ticking so stupidly fast it actually overtakes lightning bolt on dps because no haste is wasted by channeling and doing more ticks.

atm its happening every x-pac we're often getting pointless amounts of haste under some circumstances so we need something that can use this haste, hell i'd use it more than i use earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    we need something like mind flay, say lightning beam, used instead of lightning bolt, it does less damage, but when its channeled with retarded amounts of haste it'll be ticking so stupidly fast it actually overtakes lightning bolt on dps because no haste is wasted by channeling and doing more ticks.
    I always liked the idea of ice shards - brings the channeled mechanic and we can actually have an ice spell in our rotation, since we are ELEMENTAL shamans.

The meta gem is quite nice, not sure how damage will be, compared to other classes before we get it. Still hoping for a 4 set bonus change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    I don't think the way they've done legendary meta was the right way to go period. Instead of haste it could been mastery or crit which would have resulted in the same problem, where its more beneficial to certain specs and less so to others. Just like haste is now. Would have been better if they had made spec specific meta gems, but don't know if that would have been possible.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    I always liked the idea of ice shards - brings the channeled mechanic and we can actually have an ice spell in our rotation, since we are ELEMENTAL shamans.

The meta gem is quite nice, not sure how damage will be, compared to other classes before we get it. Still hoping for a 4 set bonus change.
    ye i didn't really put any thought into the spell, i'm sure better ones can be made, just i'd like the mechanic, and yes i want a different 4 set, atm its just crap.