Page 73 of 117 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Some napkin math based on simulationcraft numbers;

The Shamanism buff is about a 13% gain on LB (150%->170%), so about a 3.0-3.5% DPS gain on its own.

Elemental Focus has about a 60% uptime, so that's about a 3% gain there as well.

Overall, I think that still leaves us a little behind the pack. I expect more adjustments, though; most other classes have had multiple iterations, and this is just the first set of numbers tweaks for Shaman.
    yeh i was like yay ele shaman buffs...then i saw the insane frost DK buffs and felt like we won 2nd place...as if frost dks dont completely control me and make pvp unplayable for ele already...those buffs wow...i'd rather run into 3 rogues than face a frost dk.

and yeh 6% doesn't really feel like its enough...GC always under buffs us instead of over, he's really stingy and cheap when it comes to shamans.

Our burst just got 5% better due to that elemental focus change. Overall a welcomed change, hopefully we will see 1-2 more sustained damage buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The buff for elemental seems minuscule compared to DKs (why are they buffing frost?), hunters (MM especially but it needs it) and locks (really? even if not par with affli the other 2 specs are really strong now).
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

As he mentioned you have to keep in mind all the changes :
    - EM buff
    - PE/UF buff
    - Shamanism buff
    - Elemental focus

All in all it could very well end up being a 7-8% buff which is close to what we need NOW, we'll have to wait for 5.2 sims and possibly logs to know where we stand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    As he mentioned you have to keep in mind all the changes :
    - EM buff
    - PE/UF buff
    - Shamanism buff
    - Elemental focus

All in all it could very well end up being a 7-8% buff which is close to what we need NOW, we'll have to wait for 5.2 sims and possibly logs to know where we stand.
    PE/UF and EM were behind other talents. If the changes made them the best talent than the total buff is bigger than the e-focus/lightning bolt/chain lightning buffs. If not they just gave us more options depending on the fight to run different talents, and the total buff is still to small (using the napkin mat from earlier posters).

As for pvp, seeing how good some classes have become, the position of ele relative to other specs ain't gonna change that much.

Deleted
    The shamanism buff to lightning bolt was expected by everyone i think, the only unknown before it hit was only the exact value. The increase seems a little on the conservative side but lets wait for the dust to settle before stating more.

The elemental focus is a little odd since it will buff our burst even more while we are in ascendance 100% crit mode, wich i would believe it would be something blizzard would want to balance more towards sustainable dps coming from burst.

I still find fulmination problematic and underwheling in most situations. It's problematic because they can't buff it a lot in damage risking we would be even more bursty in PVP, but at the current state its just poor in PVE and not realy much fun at all. Probably needs to have its ramp up time faster so that we can use it more often.

If our damage is till lower than the target i suspect a buff to searing totem.

they should just increase our flame shock dmg by 100% and searing totem by 200%, problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    they should just increase our flame shock dmg by 100% and searing totem by 200%, problem solved!
    flame shock is one i'd like to see especially with the new glyph, and would only buff our already non existent multidotting so no issue there, and help us get more passive heals from the glyph.

searing i dont know if it could be buffed that much, it would make fire elemental cooldown not enough of a real cooldown unless talented for 80% damage.

The Shamanism buff is about a 13% gain on LB (150%->170%), so about a 3.0-3.5% DPS gain on its own.

Elemental Focus has about a 60% uptime, so that's about a 3% gain there as well.

Overall, I think that still leaves us a little behind the pack. I expect more adjustments, though; most other classes have had multiple iterations, and this is just the first set of numbers tweaks for Shaman.

Link to the source; http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...sues-part-iii/
    Yes, I appreciate their attempt, but I think it's pretty clear that the buff is not enough.

I cant possibly read 73 pages for enhance.

Did they nerf EM or is still going to be a spastic dps cooldown?

Could someone who is bulk awesome please update with the sum of all relevant changes to enhance?

Link to the source; http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...sues-part-iii/
    I wouldn't expect too much more since i saw some nerfs alongside buffs going out. The new middle of pack might not be where we think it is and i don't expect elemental going any farther than that (OP).

It will make our burst a little better which i think they wanted with the changes to LVB so that our ascendance burst is still powerful without FS present.

Hm, even with napkin maths I don't see their buffs to UE making it worthwhile compared to EB.

Maybe the Shamanism buff will make it worthwhile and we won't use EB anymore. I'll try and do some maths on it later on, but in the end I still think we'll be bottom of the pack wrt dps and then somewhere around the middle for utility.

gc also posted this one here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3861?page=3#52
    However, in case it wasn't obvious, these were all single-target changes. We haven't completed AE, healing or tanking changes. Healing or tanking numbers look pretty solid overall though, so don't expect much change there. (And feel free to disagree, but please provide some kind of evidence to back it up.)
    I'm curious if they change something on CL or EQ

If ele is still too low after the changes, they should just remove the extra cast time of UL glyph.

I'd rather have UL baseline for ele, but for some reason it's not going to happen. I guess GC wants the glyphs useful for all specs...
    Are there any enhancers or resto's who take this glyph btw?

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    If ele is still too low after the changes, they should just remove the extra cast time of UL glyph.
    it would also be enough to change it that cast time is higher only when you cast it while moving
    Last edited by Nebria; 2013-02-20 at 07:46 AM.

I'm the only one that noticed that they buffed a ton of other classes alongside us? With much bigger buffs then ours? So, while we're cheering about our tiny buff (5%), we're actually getting nerved lololol ...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expected more significant buffs. Still we are scaling poor and other classes/specs recieved buffs also so we can end in same spot as in 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    I'm the only one that noticed that they buffed a ton of other classes alongside us? With much bigger buffs then ours? So, while we're cheering about our tiny buff (5%), we're actually getting nerved lololol ...
    nerved? we are cheering because we are just glad they gave us a buff at all. There is so much resentment is the dps shaman community about being overlooked and ignored. we all hope this isn't the end of it but we are least glad they didn't decide just to keep us as is telling us it will all be fine.

besides with the additional changes it might be more than just the tiny 5% you are reading. I'm still expecting a (all shaman sp scaling has been increased by 10% because we don't know what else to do) buff.

Deleted
    In before "calm down, people... lets wait for live, and for full HC TF gear to make a final judgement".

This has to be a joke - they BUFFED Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    In before "calm down, people... lets wait for live, and for full HC TF gear to make a final judgement".

This has to be a joke - they BUFFED Affliction.
    No, they buffed Destro/Demo