Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Bought Riven 3 days ago and I fell in love with her. By far my new favorite champion. The mobility and the damage are just amazing. My best score so far is 32/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Irelia, jax, olaf, jayce, lee sin.

Those ones come to mind. I prefer irelia, because i've played her the most, but olaf is a menace too.

I should mention rumble and darius as well. They do very well top as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen Elise do well if the player knows how to play her. She takes a while to get used to be for some people but overall if played well she can be a menace... Also Cho'Gath is amazing with that sustain.

P.S. 2000th post
    Hey everyone

poppy, wins games late game, especially in low elo

10+ Year Old Account
    Eve and Gragas no one ever plays them top much and their pretty difficult to gank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
    Eve and Gragas no one ever plays them top much and their pretty difficult to gank.
    That's because they're way better in mid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
    Well why would you place one of the best roamers/gankers in top lane?

I won't say there is a best one... but for my contribution.

Elise is personally my favourate; totally overpowered early and mid game (pays for it by falling off late game), as soon as she builds sorc boots + haunting guise with some magic pen runes, she has amazing burst, and around levels 11-13, provided you build her AP, she probably has the highest burst ingame on squishies (except perhaps Veigar on an AP). I main her and she is hugely underestimated. She also is an incredibly safe pick, and counters a lot of commonly hated tops; Teemo and Vladimir for example are utterly countered by her, and she even has the upper hand against champions like Darius. Of course, the downside is that she does fall off later (although she isn't useless at all). She is also pretty severely countered by a good Yorick, Pantheon, Wukong post-6, and a good Rumble.

Yorick, although I don't play him, could also be considered one of the best tops ingame simply by virtue of the fact that unless you suck total donkey-balls, or get ganked to hell early, it is utterly impossible to lose a lane with him. He is simply the safest pick ingame.

Jax too; amazing early game, scales well with items, good late game, can build tank and still do good damage, or build damage and be suprisingly tanky.

Gangplank because he is tough to gank, has amazing harass, and with Exhaust, is almost impossible for a large number of champs to 1v1.

Lee Sin cause he's a dick and no more needs be said.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

After so many games in top lane, i stopped picking Irelia and Jax only to replace them with Renekton and Riven. Mobility > All
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    AP Cho'Gath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    A note onto alteam's recommendation: if you do decide to play Yorick top, make sure you have all your ghouls out when you wish to engage. 15% damage/damage reduction is fucking huge
    of course you do, you just faceroll your keyboard QWE and keep smashing the buttons until stuff's dead.

Deleted
    One word: DARIUS

AP Kennen. Counters most melee champions due to his poke and mobility.

Shen is worth it only if you're going to split push a lot
    RETH

Deleted
    I'm surprised there aren't that many mentions of Cho'gath, I don't think I'm that good, and I still lose my lane very, very rarely.

Dat sustain <3 And he works very well with the new doran's ring, it was a bit of a buff for him I'd think, since mana was my only problem before having it. But well, can't always start without boots either.

can't believe the majority of responses in this thread...seriously?

yorick / elise

these two champs have VERY few top counters, if ANY. pick either, master them and dominate top lane.

Deleted
    Yorick / Elise / Teemo have the least counters.
    Jarvan and Riven have the most badassery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    can't believe the majority of responses in this thread...seriously?

yorick / elise

these two champs have VERY few top counters, if ANY. pick either, master them and dominate top lane.
    Don't forget Cho'Gath, seriously amazing and is hard to counter if played well... Nearly impossible to counter if played amazingly.
    Hey everyone

I like Cho'gath and Yorick at top.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Yorick / Elise / Teemo have the least counters.
    Jarvan and Riven have the most badassery.
    I wouldn't say Elise has the least counters. Pantheon and Yorick totally counter her, and good Wukongs and Rumbles counter her. So 4 potential counters (Rumble may have a weak first few levels but by the time Elise is strongest Rumble is approaching his prime). What makes her in my opinion a safe top is that most of the most common hated top picks are countered by her, like Vladimir and Teemo (Teemo can't do anything against her. One of the most unbalanced matchups in the game), and she does pretty damn well against champs like Darius or even Malphite. But Teemo does not have one of the least amount of counters, simply because he's quite possibly the squishiest top ingame, and any champ that doesn't rely exclusively on auto-attacks will destroy him unless they feed him early, provided they get a gank or two. Teemo is ridiculously easy to gank as long as either the Jungler or champ have some form of hard cc or more then one slow, and even if they don't, any decent burst will shut him down too fast.

If you're going to talk about least counters, then yeah, Yorick takes that cake.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I've tried Yorick, and I just can't get the hang of him. He's very bursty, and I guess I prefer champs that have a bit more sustain.