Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slonah View Post
    I've tried Yorick, and I just can't get the hang of him. He's very bursty, and I guess I prefer champs that have a bit more sustain.
    Yorick has very good sustain in his E (which you should max first), and after you have bought tear you won't have to leave your lane again.

OT: I rarely get to play top, but Olaf and Irelia are my go-to champs because they are relatively safe and scale well throughout the game.
    Last edited by Rakhal; 2013-01-03 at 12:07 AM.

I guess I mean more in fights against other champs. I just played a bot game with him and couldn't kill anyone on my own. The game was quick, as all bot games are, but my items were merc treads, manamune and starting a tri-fource.

I guess I mean more in fights against other champs. I just played a bot game with him and couldn't kill anyone on my own. The game was quick, as all bot games are, but my items were merc treads, manamune and starting a tri-fource.
    He can't burst someone down instantly but he is immortal and deals quite a bit of sustained damage. Lategame he offers a half ad carry and a 2nd life for your AD as well (also works with DPS casters like Cass)

try lol.counter.com because there is not the best champ in the game
    - top = only fighters like lee sin or yorick

10+ Year Old Account
    Or Mages like Vladimir or Kennen or... With your previous posts, I can't say you left an awesome impression. You may wish to try harder if you want people to value your opinion.

My best top was always irelia (until she was nerfed with new items). Now I usually play with jayce/vlad/irelia/khazix (for fun)/teemo

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say Irelia is nerfed with the new items, I've been playing her quite a bit recently and having very little trouble, usually build Ninja Tabi>Iceborn Fist>Zephyr>Maw>Black Cleaver>random item depending on the game, usually either Warmogs, GA or for the lulz a Statikk Shiv
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I've really been enjoying Singed top recently. He's great if you're looking for a relaxed lane where the enemy top laner can't do much to you (unless they pick teemo or kayle) while you run around farming like a machine and killing them if they screw up. He's pretty solid late game as well unless you get completely massacred in lane.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

10+ Year Old Account
    Irelia was buffed with the new items tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you build these champs mastery/rune wise? Champs like Olaf and such that are considered "bruisers".
    I play most top bruisers, such as irelia, olaf, jax, darius as 14/16/0 masteries(this provides a good mix of tankiness and damage) and usually use flat AD reds, flat Armor yellows, scaling MR blues and Armpen quints.

Edit- My go-to pick for top has always been Teemo. With teemo, top lane truly becomes an island. No one gets in, no one gets out, if they try I know well in advance about it. I go with on hit and go malady, blade of the forgotten king, zerk boots, wits end, shiv and then finish off with whatever is required, usually a GA.
    Last edited by Saegno; 2013-01-24 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

I use AD reds, armour yellows, MR per level blues and MS quints for most bruisers. Imo MS quints are definitely the most best quints you can use in top lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I use AD reds, armour yellows, MR per level blues and MS quints for most bruisers. Imo MS quints are definitely the most best quints you can use in top lane.
    Pshwa, maybe for girly men who plan to run away!

Edit-For real though, MS quints are pretty dope, I just never really liked them. Also, considering every smart toplaner stacks armor, I like a little extra arm pen.

If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    Pshwa, maybe for girly men who plan to run away!

Edit-For real though, MS quints are pretty dope, I just never really liked them. Also, considering every smart toplaner stacks armor, I like a little extra arm pen.
    They're great later in the game too, you wanna get onto AD carries so the extra MS can be very useful as while they won't have MS quints they'll likely have a Phantom Dancer and you really don't wanna be kited to death.

You know, I might actually start using MS quints myself.
    Sure, AD helps early game, but what's the point of AD later if you can't even reach people?

At least for people without a gap closer (like Darius or Olaf), it makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit- My go-to pick for top has always been Teemo. With teemo, top lane truly becomes an island. No one gets in, no one gets out, if they try I know well in advance about it. I go with on hit and go malady, blade of the forgotten king, zerk boots, wits end, shiv and then finish off with whatever is required, usually a GA.
    Only time I had a problem with Teemo as Irelia was when I took wrong runes and masteries without Magic Resist.

Except that, I usually wipe him out since he has such low health. Irelia's W and Q combo with a Sheen proc will take off half his health in a second.

On topic: I obviously play Irelia for solo top. Never lost my lane with her. I love her assassin play style and, as I mentioned, when you get Sheen and then Trinity Force harassing becomes just so much easier since you do tons of damage with the W and Q combo. Plus, after the combo, you can usually back away since the enemy will usually be too scared to engage you directly when you have the first strike advantage.
    Irelia also does very well getting kills on squishies since she can do a lot of damage if built properly.

Either way, I love her "jumpy" play style and minion farming with Q Really a great champion when you get to know her limits.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    You know, I might actually start using MS quints myself.
    Sure, AD helps early game, but what's the point of AD later if you can't even reach people?

At least for people without a gap closer (like Darius or Olaf), it makes sense.
    There are some champions on which certain runes are better than some other runes. On Darius or Olaf AD runes don't really do all that much but on Irelia they do since her Q scales off AD and she usually builds Trinity and Wit's End which give a lot of attack speed. So every bit of AD scales well with Attack Speed.
    Besides, Darius is the most retarded champion ever with his true damage ulti -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, irelia wins vs most every top lane, save for maybe malphite, shen or cho and only if they win lane early on.

Deleted
    To be fair, irelia wins vs most every top lane, save for maybe malphite, shen or cho and only if they win lane early on.
    She can't win against early-game snowballers, since they just take advantage of her first 8 levels, just like Vlad.

I made this thread a while back to answer questions like this. Check it out if you'd like, it has some tips and insight into what opposing champs can do top lane http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...atchups-thread
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Deleted
    Singed will derp all over Irelia aswell. D:

Deleted
    Played a few Singed games lately, found it pretty amusing. First game I was against Rumble on top, outfarmed him pretty hard and also killed him at some points when he and their jungler tried to dive me. I then roamed a bit and we ended up teamfighting, I noticed that I was already way too tanky for them to do anything about it so I went for some more dmg. We later went into a teamfight and I got a quadkill and their 5th player got away, and they just surrendered straight away. Ended that game 10-0-9 or so.
    Pretty fun champion if you feel like you want to annoy the oposing team. And you get pretty healthy if you build RoA, Rylai's and Warmogs. However that's probably a bit overkill, and I have yet to get far enough into a game that I can get a Liandry's aswell, that should be pretty sick I imagine.