Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    any tanky dps champ would be good for solo top lane
    I personally like cho

Nice guys this will help me alot ^^

If I really want to have fun and do some damage I pick Garen top lane. He isn't the best, but if you underestimate him - even a little bit - he will wreck. He's powerful, as long as the matchup is okay. Generally I can carry my team mid-late game just by sheer tenacity and brute force! Otherwise, I have a nice little rotation of top laners than I go through depending on what I feel like at that time (Shen, Olaf, Irelia, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    Bought Riven 3 days ago and I fell in love with her. By far my new favorite champion. The mobility and the damage are just amazing. My best score so far is 32/7.
    Me too.

OT: Riven is such a great champion, high mobility, high damage early, mid and late(if you're quite fed). Her W in teamfights is awesome too an AoE stun can be more OP? =P, her E is a huge shield if you built a few damage itens, her Q makes her mobility and R makes you wreck stuff apart.

I recommend Riven, The Exile

Deleted
    I love Riven too.

Pinishing the opponents so hard!

Renekton is one of the best top champs for s3 right now, his high mobility during team fights allows for you to easily get to the other teams carries and shut them down, his ult will allow you to stay in the middle of the other team and tank for awhile especially if u build warmogs and sunfire, i heard dyrus saying he was trying to get better at renek since he's very viable in high elo now.

Right now my two favourite solo top champs are Shen and Zed.

Shen has good survivability and sustain early game, and can easily zone out most opponents by harassing with Q and AA+passive combo. Those two make it a lot easier for him to last hit as well, which combined often leads him to controlling the lane. He has a shield and a dash that makes it fairly easy for him to escape ganks, and a global ult that can quickly turn teamfights and ganks to your team's favour. He is a tank though, so don't expect to do much damage late game, but know this: his survivability is sick, and combined with his multi-target taunt you will automatically have a strong chance of winning most of the teamfights you're in, even if you aren't getting the kills.

Zed is kind of similar to Shen early game. Strong harass, easy to last hit, and strong possibility to escape ganks. He can also push the lane better than Shen can, if it should be neccessary. What separates him from Shen later on is that he is an assassin, while Shen is a tank, meaning that he trades the survivability of Shen with incredible damage, damage that only gets better as the game progresses because of his second passive (it increases his AD).

Overall I prefer Zed in solo que, as it can be hard to get Shen's ult right when playing with randoms, but I usually choose between them depending on the team.
    Last edited by Livic; 2013-01-31 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballzz
    WoW is dying pls send help

I like elise, she can go bruiser and is very hard to counter in top lane. Generally, there is no best top. It's usually what the team needs, and what you can counter with. For example the other team chose Darius, teemo would most likely be your best counter. However, Teemo is not a tank, You will need either a tanky support or jungle in the team or your late game will fall apart. If you need a tank and you would like to counter Darius, Yorick is probably your best bet, as he can outfarm/sustain darius and can tank and initiate mid-late game. If someone chooses teemo, I usually take an assassin like wukong, as he can stealth/get up close and initiate a meelee fight with teemo that will force him to die or retreat.

Personally, I find that Rumble and Yorick have the least "counters" so they're safer picks, but they still have counters.

Picking what the team needs, or what counters your opponent is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssian View Post
    I've really been enjoying Singed top recently. He's great if you're looking for a relaxed lane where the enemy top laner can't do much to you (unless they pick teemo or kayle) while you run around farming like a machine and killing them if they screw up. He's pretty solid late game as well unless you get completely massacred in lane.
    I like playing a very passive Singed and just hugging my turret. Stay alive until you're totally farmed, then tank the world.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Personally I have been playing a lot of Garen top. He has a decent gap closer, sustain in his passive, and he is rugged. but counter picking top or going with something that has great synergy with the team is best imo.

Deleted
    After reading this I picked up Singed to give him a try since I had no tanky champions coupled with him having an awesome surfer skin. Played 4 games now (first two against AI) and went 15/2/1, 18/3/8, 11/8/15 and just went 26/4/14.

Defo feels like I'm running around just shouting TROLOLOLOL as people try to chase me down and end up almost killing themselves in my gas. Plus getting tossed into a turret early game or into 4 teammates late game must make people rage like crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I love riven top. Amazing champ. Great gtfo, with shield, stun and knock up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shen is probably the "best" just due to his massive split pushing ability (and being able to enter the team fight from anywhere on the map).

With him banned all the time...I'd have to say a truly mastered Olaf is your next best bet.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote for Voli, Darius or Signed ^_^

Deleted
    Lee sin is a good top laner

Loving cho top atm. I don't build him flat out ap I go for tanky runes / masteries and focus most of my damage on his E. Basically you farm the hell out of the lane and if you fight you use your knock up and silence purely to disrupt and rely on your tankiness and e damage to win trades.

Went shen top a few times (vs olaf and irelia) just shield olafs true damage and you win trades.

Deleted
    Thresh, seems to do quite well against the most typical picks. Quite high damage and shits CC all over the place.

My favorite tops are: Riven, Vi, Wukong, Jax, Irelia, Yorick.
    Garen and Olaf are incredibly hard to counter.
    Fiora can be good in some matchups, but those are few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFluffypants View Post
    Renekton is one of the best top champs for s3 right now, his high mobility during team fights allows for you to easily get to the other teams carries and shut them down, his ult will allow you to stay in the middle of the other team and tank for awhile especially if u build warmogs and sunfire, i heard dyrus saying he was trying to get better at renek since he's very viable in high elo now.
    This, his double dash covers the same range as Malphite's ult. He has incredibly high burst with Blade of the Ruined King on his W and Black Cleaver, and is incredibly tanky due to his ult. Good lane sustain from his Q too.

Also probably has the strongest early game of any top, you can quite literally 1v2 the enemies Jungler and top in the early levels if you get ganked.

You can bully anything out of lane besides maybe Elise/Malphite if they are good too.