Which weapon? 2x Gara'kal (normal) or 1 Gao-Rai (RF) with 500agi gem

Was thinking about upgrading my raidfinder gao-rai 2x to make it ilvl 491 with the 500agi gem.

But I have 2 normal gara'kal's right now not upgraded at all.

Not sure which to choose

Two questions:

Windwalker or Brewmaster?

How easily accessible are normal/heroic mode weapons to you?

I am not the OP but I was wondering almost the exact same thing for myself.

I am Windwalker.

My guild is working on Garalon normal, should have it down after the holidays. So Empress should be a few weeks away, but then I have competition for the fist weapon. Stone Guard/Feng heroic are in reach, Gara'jal probably not.

simcraft puts DW ahead of staff by about 5%

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/monk/windwalker
    Last edited by pharix; 2012-12-22 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Two questions:

Both, BM main.

Right now, we dont even have elegon dead (joined new guild with rl friends, they are much more casual) and are 1/4 hof. So not really accessible atm.

2x 489 Gara'kal should be ahead if you upgrade the main hand compared to upgrading the Gao-Rei with a 500agi gem. And the bonus is you save your 500agi gem for a Claw of Shek'zeer, save 10k gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Two questions:

Very accessible, but they don't drop often for my guild sadly and a lot of people want the Fist weapons.

I've been wondering a similar question about claws of shez'keer vs gao-rai. both normal. Rolling with the claws atm for both Brew and WW. Seems to do alright, but I can't help but feel I might be missing out, especially as I've upgraded the staff twice.

Generally, higher ilevel = win. But in this particular situation, there's some over-riding factors.

For WW:

Higher ilevel = more weapon DPS. I am unsure of whether that's enough to beat the 500 agi gem, but I'd wager it is. I also don't like the idea of ilevel upgrading raid finder gear... Doesn't sit right with me. Besides, dual-wielding is the better option for DPS, so here you should go with 2x gara'kal.

For BrM:

Weapon DPS does nothing for our personal survivability (it would indirectly increase the strength of the Guards we put on the raid, but that's a minor boost), so for here the raid finder staff with the 500 agi gem would win easily. Agi is great for reducing damage taken, so yes: staff.

Considering your progression, ilevel upgrading the staff would be viable I guess... You're unlikely to replace it anytime soon. Up to you on that part.