Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.2 - Charms still only from daily quests and pet battles...

Kind of disappointed. I hoped blizzard would realize a large portion of their playerbase does not like those activities and would put alternative methods in to acquire them.

Its still only the start of the 5.2 PTR - but this is the time to start complaining. Lets hope they eventually understand.

here is a hint they want ppl in the world
    will having charms from dungeons achive that?
    will having charms from raids achive that?
    will having charms from arena/bg achive that?

you catch my drift ?
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Eventually Blizzard would have to put every kind of reward in every kind of activity that players can do. Is it better to get charms from other things? Sure. But I guess Blizz has to draw a line somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Kind of disappointed. I hoped blizzard would realize a large portion of their playerbase does not like those activities and would put alternative methods in to acquire them.

Its still only the start of the 5.2 PTR - but this is the time to start complaining. Lets hope they eventually understand.
    look the charms give what a 15 to 30% chance at loot you can only get 3 per week. it takes 6 dailies a day to get 90 per week. do a whole hub of dailies everyday you should have enough for multiple weeks.

if you are a hardcore raider the shut up you should be used to doing dumb things for small boosts. if you ARENT a hardcore raider then you dont NEED these coins they are what they are a BONUS and if you want them the take little to no effort.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    look the charms give what a 15 to 30% chance at loot you can only get 3 per week. it takes 6 dailies a day to get 90 per week. do a whole hub of dailies everyday you should have enough for multiple weeks.

if you are a hardcore raider the shut up you should be used to doing dumb things for small boosts. if you ARENT a hardcore raider then you dont NEED these coins they are what they are a BONUS and if you want them the take little to no effort.
    1) I'm not asking to get them for free. I'm asking for a more enjoyable way to get them.
    2) You say you don't need them. Sure, that's fair. But you also don't need gems, enchants, or a talent specialization. You don't "need" anything in this game. But, all of the above sure feel mandatory if you want to perform well.
    3) Its 45 daily quests a week, and no matter how you cut up those 45 quests in a week, its still 45 quests I don't want to feel required to do.

u are not required to have charms. u are not required to gain acess to bonus roll. Only from repgrinding, i have 1.2 k of the badges left, thats enough for half a year. so if u are a raider, u already have charms for the next 3 content patches in your bag. if u are not a raider, u dont need them.

Charms are only useful for raiding. They have to be acquired by something other than raiding or else it is just free loot. If anything other than raiding gives them people will complain that Blizzard is forcing them to do something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's how it is. If you want extra rolls, you have to work for it. If you don't want to put forth effort, then why should you deserve the same rewards as people who do?

thing that still bugs me is these charms is that they are acquired through means of casual content yet can only be used in raids which isn't considered casual content.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    u are not required to have charms. u are not required to gain acess to bonus roll. Only from repgrinding, i have 1.2 k of the badges left, thats enough for half a year. so if u are a raider, u already have charms for the next 3 content patches in your bag. if u are not a raider, u dont need them.
    Charms are not required, but only in the sense gems/enchants are not required.
    Raiders have no need to rep grind.
    I'm a raider who has capped and made use of my valor every week, and I do not have any charms left. I have to do dailies every single week.
    1.2k is only three months worth.
    There won't be three content patches in 6 months.

So many things wrong with your post.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 06:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Here's how it is. If you want extra rolls, you have to work for it. If you don't want to put forth effort, then why should you deserve the same rewards as people who do?
    I intend to put effort into it. I just don't want my effort to be on boring content like dailies and pet battles.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 06:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Charms are only useful for raiding. They have to be acquired by something other than raiding or else it is just free loot. If anything other than raiding gives them people will complain that Blizzard is forcing them to do something.
    Yeah that's no problem. They could be rewarded for doing challenge modes, brawler's guild, heroics, or doing raid bosses in a harder way. There's ways to reward charms without forcing boring content.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2012-12-22 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    here is a hint they want ppl in the world
    Correct. However, why do they want people out in the world? What goal does this accomplish, other than lessening the load on the Stormwind/Orgrimmar servers?

I'd have no problem with this philosophy of "get out there and play the game" if there were actually interesting activities to be done out there. Pet battles aren't for me, and dailies, while necessary and mildly engaging the first week or two, quickly grow into something I actively avoid if at all possible.

I personally haven't done a daily on my main character in almost a month. I don't plan to either until I'm forced to grind lesser charms, which is about 2 weeks away.

I definitely think your first heroic/scenario of the day should reward 10 or so Lesser Charms. It's still more efficient to grind dailies for them, and you still have to do dailies or pet battles to supplement that 70 charms per week if you want your coins (requires 90).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I am sorry they reward the players that put in a little more effort. You do NOT need coins they are there to reward players who put more effort and time into the game. If you aren't willing to put in that effort then you do not deserve them.
    Aye mate

Get BiS gear and you won't need them anymore! Best solution IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Oh I am sorry they reward the players that put in a little more effort. You do NOT need coins they are there to reward players who put more effort and time into the game.
    Are you reading any of this thread? I've already gone over that I don't want it to take any less effort, and how while charms are technically not required, neither is anything else. You can play the game with no gems or enchants, they aren't required, but it sure feels like it. Same with charms.

Second this a million times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Oh I am sorry they reward the players that put in a little more effort. You do NOT need coins they are there to reward players who put more effort and time into the game. If you aren't willing to put in that effort then you do not deserve them.
    No one is saying they want free coins. They're saying what we've all been saying for months, which is that we DON'T LIKE DAILIES. Period. That's all this argument is.

We want reputation and lesser charms for some other activity. We don't want them handed to us, we just want them attached to an alternative, perhaps interesting (gasp!) type of content, rather than a boring daily grind day after day after day. If I wanted to grind quests, I'd level more of my alts. Max level is supposed to be primarily about group content, and right now in MoP there is a large amount of "forced" solo content to slog through.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalden View Post
    Second this a million times.
    Nobody is asking to get them with less effort. See mine or Marxman's responses.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. No one is asking for free stuff. They're just asking for alternatives because right now dailies are the ONLY way to get a lot of the new stuff. (charms, rep, all the stuff that's gated behind said rep...)

I have nothing against dailies as a whole, but by their very nature it's super easy to get bored of them after a while of seeing the same quests EVERY DAY. Would it kill Blizz to reward a few lesser charms for the first heroic/scenario of the day, or a weekly dungeon quest for rep equal to one day worth of dailies, or something? Nothing spammable, but something, ANYTHING, that isn't a daily.

Yeah its odd that they would add them to pet battles after they said only about 50% of the game population have even tried them. I guess they are adding a carrot to get more people into them.

They should just really add them to random heroic bosses and after doing a random Bg tbh. That way people can earn them by doing what they want to do rather than being forced into doing what they don't.

To those who say the charms are like needing to have spec, gems, enchants w/e, those things make your character actually better, ask charms do is give you am extra roll so no they aren't even remotely the same thing, I've known ppl who use their extras rolls every week and haven't gotten one extra thing yet, so your point on them being the same thing they are not, they are a bonus and you don't need to do them, if you don't want to do what they make you do to get them o well