Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    PvP has never been close to being balanced in this game. It's a mix of sheer incompetence, bias as well as a general lack of focus on PvP (PvE changes fuck up PvP faster than they can be bothered to implement their crude band-aid "fixes").
    it used to be more balanced back in classic/bc. An undergeared but skilled player could beat someone in HWL/GM gear. Now any scrub with pvp blues can beat you if you are not wearing good enough gear. This is what happens when you hire someone with a degree that has nothing to do with gaming from a community college who just keeps his class buffed but destroys the rest.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because you wouldn't say it if it were your game and millions of dollars were going on all over. You simply can't say it, but don't worry, we know how it is.

Warriors are a joke, remind me to the retri pala at the end of BC, seriously. The other day a warrior toke my DK for surprise, I didnt' really see him coming. Doesn't matter, because he 3 shooted me.. I mean, how can that even happen? I still don't know how, but I managed to pop IB and even used DP, still the warrior killed me in less than 5 hits...

That simply shouldn't happen. And btw, it's not warriors fault, it's their designers fault that they are ridiculously Overpowered.

I remember for the most part. Unless you were a shaman or a paladin, blizzard used to own up to mistakes. But that was during vanilla.

They pretty much always admit when they made a mistake
    Either by changing/removing something they added earlier or simply by explaining their though process on the forum

Hmm, people will always compain. If Blizzard would have to say they fucked up every time somebody complained about something we would never see any new content as Blizzard would be too busy saying: "Sorry, we fucked up!"

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    it used to be more balanced back in classic/bc. An undergeared but skilled player could beat someone in HWL/GM gear. Now any scrub with pvp blues can beat you if you are not wearing good enough gear. This is what happens when you hire someone with a degree that has nothing to do with gaming from a community college who just keeps his class buffed but destroys the rest.
    Balanced and Classic are not terms that go hand-in-hand at all. Rogues one-shotting you while you couldn't see them until your dead, chain fears from warlocks as there was no DMR and plenty of other things that were downright wrong with the game and specially the balancing.

I strongly doubt you've played at all during vanilla as you clearly don't know what you're talking about. That said, I agree with you if you think GC should be replaced although his diploma is definitly not the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    It's not just Ghostcrawler. Kalgan is hardly better. Tigole & Furor were much worse. None of them are good game designers. They don't even know what a game designer's job is: "Game designers are not artists or programmers, but we use the tools developed by the programmers and the assets created by the artists to get content into the game. Programmers make the game run, artists make it beautiful, but it is the designer's job to make it fun." -- GC, on the old forums. Apparently they're just friends with Rob Pardo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Balanced and Classic are not terms that go hand-in-hand at all. Rogues one-shotting you while you couldn't see them until your dead, chain fears from warlocks as there was no DMR and plenty of other things that were downright wrong with the game and specially the balancing.

I strongly doubt you've played at all during vanilla as you clearly don't know what you're talking about. That said, I agree with you if you think GC should be replaced although his diploma is definitly not the reason.
    I regularly destroyed R13-14 and T2-3 people on my Feral, wearing only R10 + TuF. The only hard-counter was a high-end raid geared Combat Rogue.

It was much better than today's ridiculous CD+CC spam.

Playing feral in BC was hilarious. "OMG get on the feral now! Oh hell he went bear, our hits are having no effect, somebody cast something!!!! What? we went with a melee cleave? ahhhhh noooooo nooo nooo oh his rogue buddy killed us"

The fact that Ghostcrawler didn't chain himself to the Liberty Statue and pierced himself with sharp object while crying "Excuse me 10 mil people! I fucked up big time!" doesn't mean that they acknowledge their mistakes. I really like the patch notes that I see for PvP. stuff like increasing shaman survivability, giving rogues and windwalkers some punch is what I expect.

I don't want verbal apologies, I prefer corrections and improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by kharyll View Post
    The fact that Ghostcrawler didn't chain himself to the Liberty Statue and pierced himself with sharp object while crying "Excuse me 10 mil people! I fucked up big time!" doesn't mean that they acknowledge their mistakes. I really like the patch notes that I see for PvP. stuff like increasing shaman survivability, giving rogues and windwalkers some punch is what I expect.

I don't want verbal apologies, I prefer corrections and improvements.
    But the problem is that they're not making improvements if you look at the big picture. Sure, they make small adjustments here and there, and sometimes there's a huge nerf or buff, but PvE changes (DPS/Heal meter balancing, trinkets, legendary weapons etc.) mess up PvP so much that their band-aids barely even register.

In other words, it always starts off (i.e. expansion launch) with everything being FUBAR due to untested new talents, formulas, classes or something to that extent. After a couple of weeks/months come the half-assed fixes that slowly make things a little more bearable, which are bombarded by more bogus PvE changes, until the next big "fun" PvE thing thwarts all their "efforts" once again.

All the while everyone else seems to think that this is a completely new thing. As if they have completely forgotten about all of the previous expansions, where the exact same things happened.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    changes i think are stupid:

deep freeze breaks on shatter
    removal of wizard blanket CS. blankets as an insurance policy for scrubs that get juked is stupid, blankets in higher rated play are very useful, ESPECIALLY with how many instant cast heals there are in the game.
    rogue ascendance??????
    clone DR, what a joke...
    CD on clone for ferals...

there's some good stuff in there that was good and pleasantly surprising. we've got a ways to go til 5.2, i think we'll be in good shape if the dumb shit doesnt good live.
    You're kidding right? Those changes are stupid? Clone needs to be toned down a lot with how powerful a CC it is and that it cant be dispelled, that coupled with feral's pred swiftness is the reason for the change. Mages don't need a blanket, CS wasn't always a blanket silence unless you interrupted a cast and that's what it should go back to being. Blankets are boring, just interrupt the cast, most instant cast heals/spells either cost a ton of mana or do hardly any healing or both. Don't get juked. and why wouldnt deep freeze break on shatter? I'm guessing your main is a mage from this complaint, as most any other CC will break on a huge crit like you can with a shatter, yeah it's a stun..but no other class can shatter with their stuns with super crits.

PR. No company in their right mind will outright admit they were wrong for something. Lose money, investments, and stock value.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the only silence I see getting nerfed is the warlock's. I wouldn't particularly care, but the mage's silence is by far the most effective so I'd rather see it get nerfed if not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And yet, these guys are credited with giving us the raid that everyone has joygasms over... Ulduar! Yeah, awful designers...
    I'm sure Ulduar had great PvP.

Because if Blizzard does anything extremely well it is PR, and constantly admitting mistakes is definitely not part of their PR strategy. Graciously admitting a major mistake every blue moon is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Blizzard won't ever admit to it because activision won't ever admit to it.
    Dat logic, I don't even... Activision has absolutely no say in what Blizzard does in WoW. Blizzard has always been conservative about saying "Yes, that was bad design on our bad." It's nothing new really. The reason why they answer in this way has been explained by previous posters.

Most people in this thread want pvp balanced around 1 v warriors
    It's funny how most people forget how little combination their was in BC for arena. (Yes 3v3 arena is the end game of pvp.)

Pally,Lock,Rogue. RMP. Some hunter Cleave and thats about it. Sure some Druid Warrior & Rogue combo worked. Kinda.

Since ignorance is abound in this thread I Say Mop Has the most balanced PvP yet