Returning to Paladin?

Sometime between BOT and Firelands Paladins received some nerfs that basically killed my interest in playing my paladin. So I switched to my DK and haven't touched my paladin since. But recently I have thought about coming back to my paladin for an alt, maybe for pvp. So I have a question to ask.

Is ret a fun spec again? I had no fun with it in cataclysm. I have seen a lot of the new stuff Paladins have gotten in MOP and it does make me want to play my paladin again, especially since it was my first character I leveled from BC, and was my main until Firelands. I just don't want to level from 85-90 and find out it wasn't worth it. I hate to level as it is.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Don't do it. Not until you see what the changes in 5.2 will be in stone. Stick with the DK. Way better place right now.

Deleted
    Single target PVE Ret paladins are pretty good, but AOEing with Hammer of the Righteous and Divine Storm feels pretty clunky and dumb. Also you really need the 4set bonus to be competitive on the meters.

PVP no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by moogasm View Post
    Don't do it. Not until you see what the changes in 5.2 will be in stone. Stick with the DK. Way better place right now.
    Actually I dropped my DK in MOP for a Monk. lol

Also I haven't looked at 5.2 yet for Paladins.

Deleted
    don't go ret in pvp unless you want to be really proactive and work for eavry single rating you want because we are in a bad state atm. holy tho is in a better place than ever before mhh still missing a good raid cooldown for pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea wait for patch 5.2 and see what happens. You don't wanna be a born again Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by ashll View Post
    don't go ret in pvp unless you want to be really proactive and work for eavry single rating you want because we are in a bad state atm. holy tho is in a better place than ever before mhh still missing a good raid cooldown for pve.
    Didn't stop me from playing WW in RBGs. lol I have done some leveling last night on my Pally and I'm liking how Ret plays now.

Deleted
    Yeah, I think they added extra holy power generation in MoP for ret, so the rotation feels much smoother now. Some of the talents are nice for pvp utility too.

Holy is strong as ever and my main spec, prot, is solid.

Ret "feels" great to play. Smooth and you get the feel of a pseudo-ranged holy warrior. Hell in PVP you can sometimes kill without ever landing a melee attack on the guy (Holy Prism/HarshWords/Judge/Exo). I love love love the concept/direction of the class now.

However, there is no doubt some of our (healing) numbers need tweaking. We were hit harder than most other hybrids with the healing nerfs, making us very weak in PVP. We're also benched for RBGs in general, as we dont really bring much to the table. :\

PVE we're still somewhere between great (when played well) and average. Which is perfectly fine because OP classes get nerfed way too hard (see mages :P).

I say its your choice, not ours.

Deleted
    yeh as people say it depends on what you want. i cant answer about pvp but if u ever decide to go pve on your pally then....

ret is okay....its not the top dps but not the worse.....however most ten man guilds will prefer a range dps over...in 25man it will depend really on your own personal skill

however....if u have ever wanted to take up tanking now would be a good time as prot pallys are in a very very very good place right now. with the way haste works you actually go for hit > hard exp cap > haste (some ppl will argue that mastery is better than haste, which is true on some fights, but 90% of the time haste wins). so with haste you end up doing a huge amount of damage ( in 505 gear im averaging around 70k ish on a non dmg gimic fight) and about 30k hps. so know would be a good time to take up prot pally tanking if uve ever though about it

holy brings prob one of the best utility as healers (bop, bubble, devotion, purity, sac etc) however will be out shined by the fact disc priest and shammys are so strong (especially when used together - especially disc priest).

I'm playing with my ret paladin right now as my main and i'm having a great time. I might not always be at the top numbers of DPS but I always have fun with it.
    In PvP i think is a diferent story, but i'm not really sure about this.
    Try it, you might like it.

Ret in PvP is pathetic. The damage we do is embarrassing outside of CD's but even then it's "even" with other classes using no CD's. Do yourself a favor and stay away! Maybe 5.2 will change it but I doubt it. Got ilevel to 478(tier weapon upgraded twice) and still it's just so pathetic I've already rerolled. I don't understand how people are still employed at Blizzard with how shit PvP balance has been this xpan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amievil View Post
    I say its your choice, not ours.
    Indeed. You'll just have to pick up your paladin and play it for a bit to see if you like the MoP design. If you do, great and keep playing!

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!