Is there any country

where the largest employer is not the state. I heard in a debate about the size of government that the USA's government is the largest employer. However pretty much every western country appears to be the same.

When you consider the employment in

Education
    Infrastructure
    Military

and depending on the country, healthcare

I find it hard to picture any country that has a private employer that is larger, that said I was wondering if anyone knows example to contrary

Maybe some countries which have a single large employer, like the mineral and precious metal mining corporations in Western Africa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I single private employer? Highly doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    In business terms, sovereign states will always have a larger target sector than any one business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.