Thread: Best 2v2 setup

Best 2v2 setup

Hi, me and a good friend have recently wanted to start to play 2v2 competitively so we can become good in 5.2 so really we are looking for the best team for 5.2.

I know the patch notes will change so it obviously can't be set in stone but atleast we will have a heads up and gear ourselves and see when the patch hits.

We are wanting to know what the best team composites are owning everyone as we want to play the best 2v2 team possible to make it fun to play as we are high end raiders atm but as we've cleared everything we have enough time to reroll and learn how to play our new class if we have to, either way we want to try and conquer the top of the ladder. Atm we have a lock, warrior on 1 account and a mage, rogue, pala & warrior all at 90 if any of those play really well we would appreciate any info because we really need it! Thanks a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to play competetive, 2v2 isn't for you. It's almost as imbalanced as duels.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Well going by the options you have listed, with the account that has lock/warrior, warrior is better hands down in 2v2. For the other acct, mage or holy pally would be best option, rogues are in a bad spot pvp wise and two warriors can easily be countered by ranged kiting.

Oh boy, are you in for a treat. From your post I take it both of you have very little previous PvP experience, would that be correct? Anyway, Holy Paladin and Arms Warrior is probably your best bet. Solid comp that allows a few mistakes on your end without costing you the game.

He's talking about 5.2 so a rogue would be very good there. Im thinking rogue/mage, Rogue/SP or maybe rogue/war. Holy paladin/war is always solid.

I would probably get my expectations down a bit though if you havent done 2s much before.

Rogue will share too many DRs with a WW monk. My personal suggestion is either got with a Holy Pally, Spriest and maybe Affliction Warlock come 5.2 due to Storm, Earth and Fire. Mage and Warriors are fine too but it allows for little mistakes.

Deleted
    What about holy pally and a lock? What are peoples opinions on that setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Shagina View Post
    Oh boy, are you in for a treat. From your post I take it both of you have very little previous PvP experience, would that be correct? Anyway, Holy Paladin and Arms Warrior is probably your best bet. Solid comp that allows a few mistakes on your end without costing you the game.
    Until the pally's bubble is down. Then he is CCed with the greatest of ease.