Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    That's a general problem with Haste cooldowns and the way Haste scales out of control for classes that get resource gen from it. It's not really specific to UFrenzy.
    It is, actually, because only Unholy has a DPS cooldown that grants haste and is GCD-capped with it up. Hunters have Rapid Fire, but they have no problem spending all those extra resources since Forus regens very slowly. And Combat gets a 0.8s GCD when Adrenaline Rush is up.

The problem isn't that Haste scales out of control, the problem is that the devs haven't done a very good job controlling GCDs in MoP. Unholy is actually much better than most other specs in terms of free GCDs, but the haste cooldown breaks all that fine work.

@Jackthelad: Those options only work if your previous target isn't dead and the new one is close by. That doesn't apply most of the time. I agree that the ghoul rampup is Unholy's biggest problem by far, and so far the 5.2 changes have not addressed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of, but as Haste levels escalate other classes that benefit strongly from it (and even Frost DK) begin to drown under eg, Bloodlust (one of the things Vereesa brought up). UFrenzy just helps push the threshold earlier into the expansion's gear progression.

Frost DKs are already GCD locked, even without bloodlust, at T14H gear levels. 2H because it gears for haste and DW because masterfrost involves spamming a 1-rune attack. Actually, every melee spec in the game is GCD-locked right now outside of bloodlust except for unholy, ferals, and rogues, and Unholy will be GCD-locked next tier.

Unless they see changes, ferals and rogues (outside of possibly Combat with unglyphed Adrenaline Rush active or ferals with Berserk) will never be GCD-locked in this expansion. They have tons of free GCDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already play unholy and do pretty well, so any buffs are welcome

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    I already play unholy and do pretty well, so any buffs are welcome
    Same here, all I would like to see is a good tier set for 5.2 unlike the gimped 5.1 tier. Also, I hope they remove the rune requirement for dark transformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laroux View Post
    Same here, all I would like to see is a good tier set for 5.2 unlike the gimped 5.1 tier. Also, I hope they remove the rune requirement for dark transformation.
    Yea that is really annoying, I kinda wish when he had enough stacks he'd just transform. But that'd likely be too easy.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    Yea that is really annoying, I kinda wish when he had enough stacks he'd just transform. But that'd likely be too easy.
    This wouldn't work well in PvP.

Deleted
    it's nice to be able to control when Timmy transforms, sending a DC his way and activating it before the next trash pack etc... a death coil/timmy orientated set bonus would be nice for t15 and "might" happen... if the devs are trying to get more people playing unholy then a decent set bonus would be the obvious choice.

I covered the changes that went into 5.2's ptr so far, as they look pretty good. Gary is nice to be able to summon without a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Frost DKs are already GCD locked, even without bloodlust, at T14H gear levels. 2H because it gears for haste and DW because masterfrost involves spamming a 1-rune attack. Actually, every melee spec in the game is GCD-locked right now outside of bloodlust except for unholy, ferals, and rogues, and Unholy will be GCD-locked next tier.

Unless they see changes, ferals and rogues (outside of possibly Combat with unglyphed Adrenaline Rush active or ferals with Berserk) will never be GCD-locked in this expansion. They have tons of free GCDs.
    We are? Cause as DW, I definitely am not unless I get some outside RP soak from AMS or when that combined with Bloodlust.

Simcraft predicts ~4% wait time for DW masterfrost, outside of AMS soaking or bloodlust of course. That means that 4% of your GCDs will be open; so 4 every 100 seconds. If you have a lot more than that, it's got to be RNG screwing you over with no rime procs, RE not proccing, etc.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2013-01-03 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gargoyle damage is still pathetic in the 5.2 PTR.

Yeah reading the combat log, Gargolye Strike is still doing Nature damage in this build, Plague Damage is Not Yet Implemented(NYI).

Also Icy Touch on Reaping is NYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Yeah reading the combat log, Gargolye Strike is still doing Nature damage in this build, Plague Damage is Not Yet Implemented(NYI).

Also Icy Touch on Reaping is NYI.
    Yet in the video it works just fine.... puts both dots on
    as well as (and I just checked with someone in my raid atm, if you use mind spike (a shadowfrost move) it only shows in combat log as frost even though it is shadow frost.
    Take into account I had less str in the video and yet Gary still did more dmg, the mastery was affecting the shadow dmg portion and working as intended

10+ Year Old Account
    Only way you'll know if it's viable or not is when the patch goes live and you try multiple specs on the boss target, then add variations like moving around as if there are CC's or reenacting a boss fight and seeing your deeps there... Feel like everyone just goes the lazy way and searches for cookie cutter rotations.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    reduce gcd to 0.8sec during frenzy and im happy
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

That would be a nice fix, and it's one I haven't seen before. It works fine for combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to do a flat out 5% strength increase, and increase gargoyle duration by 15 secs.

No it isn't. It's currently doing about half the damage of AotD over its duration. The average gargoyle strike for me is about 49k, with ~110k crits.

The only change is that it's affected by mastery, so it really depends how much mastery you've got.