10+ Year Old Account

only one heroic boss for 5.2 can we see the return of the hard modes ?

what do you guys think could be nice to have hard modes again

10+ Year Old Account
    The concept of a "hard mode" already returned in T14 (Protectors of the Endless and their elite rewards).

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm what?

It's one extra boss which you can fight heroic-mode only. Like Sinestra or Algalon. It's not one heroic boss, period.

You get 12 bosses in normal, 13 bosses in heroic.

? Could be reading this wrong but I think you missed that it was 1 bonus Heroic Only boss.. not "only 1 boss is heroic"

"Throne of Thunder is a sprawling citadel housing 12 new raid encounters, and players that defeat Emperor Lei Shen in Heroic mode can earn the opportunity to face an additional 13th foe."
    - Think Sinestra from Tier 11

Though they did say that this raid was going to be as good as ulduar so nothing is ruled out yet I suppose

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i guess i missread nvm then

They did say that they were interested in bringing back some Ulduar-style hard-modes, since they know how popular Ulduar was, and they're pouring all of their efforts into this raid to make this just as good as Ulduar. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the heroic versions of the encounters had different ways to activate them, like Mimiron's button.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    They did say that they were interested in bringing back some Ulduar-style hard-modes, since they know how popular Ulduar was, and they're pouring all of their efforts into this raid to make this just as good as Ulduar. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the heroic versions of the encounters had different ways to activate them, like Mimiron's button.
    Not so sure about mimirons button any more with the Normal/Heroic UI switch. Seeing as how switching it to heroic does pretty much what the big red button did, added new mechanics (and/or more HP).

While it was still a fun way to activate HM, i dont think we will see it again. More than likely we will see the Freya/yogg (also Sarth in OS) style progressively harder HMs, or the Iron Council (Kill in different order) or the Kolgarn/Auriya (kill this/dont kill this) style hard modes.

We already saw the council style HM with Protectors (kill kaolan last), so I would expect to see at least one of the other style of HM that we loved in ulduar returning.

I think there is a council fight, so we may see that one again.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Well, in heroic Will you activate the encounter by breaking the pipes. That's why the gas is on the room all the time. And that way of activating the encounter didn't feel more special, even if it was a little (you still have to right click, set to heroic) like press the red button. Things like killling the robot heart were more different, but it's a feature I don't really miss or see as anything special to activate heroics. If they can put an explanation of why a boss is suddenly harder (like Nefarian messing around in T11) I'm more than fine with right clicking to set heroic mode.

No need for normal, hardmode, heroic, heroic hardmode either. Not like Protectors were that good, hardmode protectors on normal were even easier than other combos, and the heroic ended up being top tight to be killed without a nerf. 5 difficulties is more than overkill.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-12-22 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    what do you guys think could be nice to have hard modes again
    Your guild was the 2000-3000th guild on most FL heroic encounters
    Your guild was the ~2000th guild on most DS heroic encounters
    You haven't done any heroic content in MoP

Why do you care about hardmodes? by the time you get to them they are nerfed anyway

Primordius will be a titan-related boss like Algalon was.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post

Why do you care about hardmodes? by the time you get to them they are nerfed anyway
    You sure did some digging!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Primordius will be a titan-related boss like Algalon was.
    Primordius is a Saurok. Ra-Den is the heroic only boss.

Primordius: Deep within the bowels of Lei Shen's island citadel, mogu flesh-shapers formed the saurok out of a magical substance of unknown origin. When the citadel was abandoned, some experiments languished in the dark pools for far too long....

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the hardmode trigger mechanics from WOTLK Ulduar....either way, it should prove to be a fun treat for the dedicated guilds who manage to down the other heroic bosses in this raid.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post

Feel better now?
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

I like how Mim was referenced as one of the 'interactive hard modes' when you just push a button on the wall instead of on your unit frames.
    Hi Sephurik

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it is like Algalon, where you get 100% of guilds clear LFR, 60% clear normal, 30% clear heroic, 10% kill Ra-den
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Primordius is a Saurok. Ra-Den is the heroic only boss.

Primordius: Deep within the bowels of Lei Shen's island citadel, mogu flesh-shapers formed the saurok out of a magical substance of unknown origin. When the citadel was abandoned, some experiments languished in the dark pools for far too long....
    I don't think he's quite a saurok... more like what you get when you form a proto-saurok, put him in the oven, then forget to take him out.

Either way, Hardmodes have been here the entire time. They were just called "Heroic Mode".