Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    PSP and charger
    droid and charger
    pen and paper
    brush
    keys and wallet
    gum
    camera
    You carry the chargers everywhere? I carry wallet and phone in pockets, gum would fit in there too I suppose. You mean a camera camera? Don't most people use their phone for that these days?

A brush!!??
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    How does wearing a handbag imply one is gay, exactly?
    In case it's not obvious... it implies it the same way that dancing around in the street in rainbow colored speedos would.

Basically, carrying a purse is not something a normal straight guy does. It's something you see a lot more in the 'gay community'. When you dress in a way that is frequently done so on any community, people associate you with that community. Ie... If I started wearing a turban, most people would assume I'm a Muslim (even though I'm not) because a turban is associated with them.

Basically, if you wear a purse and are a man, people will assume you are a homosexual.
    Last edited by ewhenn; 2012-12-24 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn View Post
    In case it's not obvious... it implies it the same way that dancing around in the street in rainbow colored speedos would.

Basically, carrying a purse is not something a normal straight guy does. It's something you see a lot more in the 'gay community'. When you dress in a way that is frequently done so on any community, people associate you with that community. Ie... If I started wearing a turban, most people would assume I'm a Muslim (even though I'm not) because a turban is associated with them.

Basically, if you wear a purse and are a main, people will assume you are a homosexual.
    Maybe a decade or so ago. Nowdays, metrosexuality has thankfully blurred the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Maybe a decade or so ago. Nowdays, metrosexuality has thankfully blurred the line.
    The fact that you are thankful for metro tells me a lot. It all boils down to consumer capitalism. Advertisers have duped them into being less certain of their identity and much more interested in their image. Metro is a mass-consumer phenomenon involving the complete commodification of the male body. Look who promotes pretty much everything that's part of 'metro culture', they all want to sell you something. They aren't in it to enrich society/culture, just to enrich their wallets. Metros are an advertiser's walking wet dream.

Personally, I don't consider that progress, I consider it a tragic regression.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you are thankful for metro tells me a lot. It all boils down to consumer capitalism. Advertisers have duped them into being less certain of their identity and much more interested in their image. Metro is a mass-consumer phenomenon involving the complete commodification of the male body. Look who promotes pretty much everything that's part of 'metro culture', they all want to sell you something. They aren't in it to enrich society/culture, just to enrich their wallets. Metros are an advertiser's walking wet dream.

Tells you what, exactly?

I am historian, and one of the first things you learn from studying history is that human nature never changes. Humans have always been as vain and interested in image in this decade as in any other, the difference is the current prosperity allows a greater proportion of the population to indulge in conspicuous consumption.

No, the reason I am thankful for metrosexuality is that it allows for personal freedom of expression and choice. If a man feels more confident and attractive putting on a little bit of makeup, that is now becoming increasingly commonplace. If a woman wants to feel more comfortable wearing pants and flip flops, that is now also acceptable.

You might consider it 'regression', but the truth of it you're just afraid of change.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    I prefer a stylish backpack tbh, River Island or Topman have some real nice ones.

LOL. Sure it's all advertising's fault men aren't all Charles Bronson anymore.

Regression is an interesting term anyway, macho culture is really a 20th Century phenomenon. Before that it was all breeches, hose, pomade, ruffs, poofy wigs, lipstick...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You might consider it 'regression', but the truth of it you're just afraid of change.
    Not at all.

I consider the reason for change when considering the outcome of the change. The metro culture is fueled by advertisers unforgiving and relentless drive to separate you from as much of your money as possible. It would be entirely different if all these guys came out saying they felt repressed and started wearing womens purses to prove a point at a purse rally or something (as weird as that sounds, ha). However, what I'm seeing is just a greedy cash grab by soulless corporations exploiting advertising via faux 'male-guilt'.

The context and underpinnings of a cultural change is more important than the change itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all.

I consider the reason for change when considering the outcome of the change. The metro culture is fueled by advertisers unforgiving and relentless drive to separate you from as much of your money as possible. It would be entirely different if all these guys came out saying they felt repressed and started wearing womens purses to prove a point at a purse rally or something (as weird as that sounds, ha). However, what I'm seeing is just a greedy cash grab by soulless corporations exploiting advertising via faux 'male-guilt'.

The context and underpinnings of a cultural change is more important than the change itself.
    And this demonstrates a simple lack of understanding marketing. Corporations rarely if ever create markets, they take advantage of existing markets. Again, humans have always been as vain and image-obsessed, the difference is it is more noticeable because more people can afford to be vain.

I would rather have too much than not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Delijica View Post
    IT'S CALLED A SATCHEL!!!
    This. I get a lot of crap for mine as well. It's beautiful, found it in a market in Peru and it fits my camera PERFECT. How could I NOT get it. IT'S FUNCTIONAL, IT'S NOT A PURSE. -.-
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    This. I get a lot of crap for mine as well. It's beautiful, found it in a market in Peru and it fits my camera PERFECT. How could I NOT get it. IT'S FUNCTIONAL, IT'S NOT A PURSE. -.-
    The definition of 'purse' disagrees with you....

Definition of PURSE:
    (1) : a small bag for money (2) : a receptacle (as a pocketbook) for carrying money and often other small objects

Sounds like you bought a purse to me.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why not just carry a suitcase?

Deleted
    I find it personally really stupid if i see guy wearing a man purse.
    And btw why are you wearing a brush and camera on you? Better buy a phone then wich has these gadgets( part from the brush ) .
    All the rest should fit in your pockets just fine , also don't really see the point in carrying charger's with you.

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    I find it personally really stupid if i see guy wearing a man purse.
    And btw why are you wearing a brush and camera on you? Better buy a phone then wich has these gadgets( part from the brush ) .
    All the rest should fit in your pockets just fine , also don't really see the point in carrying charger's with you.
    There is no phone camera that can compete with cheap-ish cameras available, especially if you are doing tourist things like taking pictures of scenery and landmarks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use them for hiking because backpacks break my back... lol

I call it a shoulder bag or satchel, the word purse is associated more with the female species no matter the definition of the word.

Hey if you wanna get real gangster with it use a fanny pack lmao

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it isn't quite the same type of bag, but similar enough... and can carry more. And look more manly (since we're going for "man"). Thank you U.S. Marine Corps.

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Delijica View Post
    IT'S CALLED A SATCHEL!!!
    This.

the only thing wrong with Man-Bags is calling them Man-bags.

This is mine...
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!