Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Like others have said nothing wrong with it. Just not for me, if i have to carry more things that i can fit in my pockets it either gets stashed in my car or i grab a backpack.
    For me there is no need to carry my charger with me, it stays in the car (usually have two sets of charger anyways, one that just stays in the car and one for the house, besides i hook up my phone to the car to listen to music etc. so its usually charged anyways by the time i get to places.

Especially the one from Amazon looks more like a Camera back, if anything you look like a tourist if you are even noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    How does wearing a handbag imply one is gay, exactly?

The lines are being blurred, and thankfully so.
    I think they are being blurred very slow. Girls started it first I think. We got to wear pants! Thank goodness too. Dresses in the winter suck.

I just carry a schoolbag when I have stuff or papers on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I read the OP... "is it wrong."... :sigh: the world we live in when such a question needs to be asked...
    Lol indeed.

A man can wear anything he damn pleases.
    So does a woman.

Now, I do use a bag when I have more stuff and no pockets for it, although since i collect gas masks (just like them, also awesome to cleaning and sometimes cooking, darn those onions lol)
    So I use the bags that the gas masks come with (why buy bags when i have those), they are military issue as it is obvious so very robust and practical.

The one i use the most is from an m9a1 field mask and looks like this:

Image taken off ebay, easy to google if it goes down.

Opens sideways, several ways to carry it, very useful and in my case, full of art supplies and personal crap such as wallet, keys, gloves, knife and some medical supplies, bandages, needle, gauze etc etc.
    its small, but it sure can take a lot of stuff inside.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Depends on the bag really. I find these a bit too much.
    -snip-
    But the ones you linked look fine
    those aren't man bags though..

well to work on the OP's list a little:

psp and charger - i take it you are a teen and don't drive, these can go in the car
    droid and charger - phone goes in pocket, charger in car
    pen and paper - notepad on phone?
    brush - eh, i use my hands =p
    keys and wallet - pocket
    gum - pocket

unless you never wear pants with pockets, men don't really need purses/bags unless they take a bag to work/school etc

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    well to work on the OP's list a little:

psp and charger - i take it you are a teen and don't drive, these can go in the car
    droid and charger - phone goes in pocket, charger in car
    pen and paper - notepad on phone?
    brush - eh, i use my hands =p
    keys and wallet - pocket
    gum - pocket

unless you never wear pants with pockets, men don't really need purses/bags unless they take a bag to work/school etc
    Depends on your lifestyle... you depend a lot on your car.
    For example I hardly ever use one unless I need to carry bulk, love to walk and hike, catching a bus or biking to further destinations, both cheaper and one is more relaxing, the other more fun.

Sooo not relying on the car does put me (and others) in need for more storage space, such as a bag.
    Besides even if I were to use a car, im sure i would move far away from it many times, I prefer to have the stuff with me instead.

Don't personally own/use one, but I don't see what's wrong with it. If you need to carry a bunch of shit around, bags make it easier. I don't see where there's a problem.

I have a lot of stuff I carry around but can fit it all in my pockets. Keys, two 4GB flash drives, one of those little keyring LED flashlights, knife, billfold, guitar pick. It's actually mostly keys. I have a LOT of keys. I have one of those little leather holsters for my phone that lets me clip it to the outside of my pocket, so I carry my phone around that way.

I keep most stuff in my car. My car is pretty bad though. Problem for me is that I own a car but really need a truck. Trunk is full, I have tools scattered around in the backseat, etc. It's organized, but space is really tight in there.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-12-23 at 05:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just keep all my stuff in my car. I suppose if I lived in a city and didn't own a car, I'd carry a bag, or wear a backpack. But as far as a bag goes..nah, I'd never have one.

Personally I wouldn't be caught dead with one, but whatever floats your boat. I've never needed more than pockets and hands, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Men don't generally need a man purse. Why? Because we wear cargo pants and awesome shit like this
    What if, however, you have a great body and like to use tighter things, or simply dislike having crap all over your pockets because it feels bad, or you wear a suit or tighter clothing with few pockets, or it simply doesnt combine with whatever fashion sense you have?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Just wear a backpack, it can hold more, and doesn't send off the wrong message if you're straight.
    O_o
    Wrong message for using a bag? I can understand if you are referring to clearly feminine bags and even so.
    A guys masculinity is not defined by his apparel, I find that only really insecure people concern themselves overly with "appearing straight"...

Reminds me of a friend who turned to be closeted and opened up a while afterwards.
    Always had the suspicion since one night we were all drunk talking about doctors appointments (someones family was sick) and he said he would rather die of colon cancer than having a camera stuck up his ass, always stroke me as "afraid he might like it" kind of deal, and i was right heh.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2012-12-23 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You see a lot of men with messenger bags mostly, and there's nothing weird about it

Is there a question here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a straight guy, and honestly think it's pretty effeminate to carry a purse or a purse like thing unless it's just a regular backpack. Having a small satchel type man purse thing around your waist just looks dorky to me, and the ones you linked look very effeminate/weird to me. When I go out I have my phone, wallet, and keys and that's it. If I'm traveling I have a backpack.

With that being said this is just my opinion and you should dress however the hell you want.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2012-12-23 at 06:16 AM.

backpacks(i got a motorbike but even if i didn't i would get a manbag) ftw. manbags are better than fanny packs though, those things are a blight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    Do you all think it's something wrong with a guy wearing a man bag?
    Wrong? No.

Look odd/silly? Without a doubt.

What makes it worse is when guys try to pass it off as a satchel. You're not Indiana Jones, you look like you're wearing a purse. Period.

If you have to carry enough stuff with you wherever you go, buy a backpack. But hey, if you don't care about what people think (not the case since you made this thread) then rock on with your man purse. Murse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    PSP and charger
    droid and charger
    pen and paper
    brush
    keys and wallet
    gum
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-M...-Jeans/3651259

I love my cargo jeans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Wrong? No.

Look odd/silly? Without a doubt.

What makes it worse is when guys try to pass it off as a satchel. You're not Indiana Jones, you look like you're wearing a purse. Period.

If you have to carry enough stuff with you wherever you go, buy a backpack. But hey, if you don't care about what people think (not the case since you made this thread) then rock on with your man purse. Murse?
    When they start designing backpacks as nice as say...a Coach clutch, we'll talk. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Couldn't you get a briefcase and avoid any question of your "manliness"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    Couldn't you get a briefcase and avoid any question of your "manliness"?
    Who carries a briefcase to a restaurant or bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.