Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If 5.2 is already on the PTR, how long until it's live?

My guild started late in MoP so we've only been raiding for a couple weeks. Looks like this current tier is a lost cause for us because I imagine 5.2 will be live in 2-3 weeks and 500 ilevel gear will be everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt it will only be on ptr for 2-3 weeks. Id guess more like 6-8, maybe more.

It's not playable on the PTR until January, it is likely to be in testing for at least a month.
    So February at the earliest.

5.2 isn't on PTR yet, and from indications, it won't be up until January. My guildies and I have begun assuming that once the patch comes out, a month or two on ptr would put the patch going live in late February or early March.

It took more than a month for 5.1 to come out and it was just class balance changes and some daily quests.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Believe it or not, Blizzard allows most of it's employees to spend the holidays with their families, so it's unlikely we'll see the PTR go live until after New Years Day when everyone is back in the office. They simply uploaded the data to the download servers so people could download the PTR over the holidays. The patch itself won't be finished for at least another month past that, so early February at the absolute earliest.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

The PTR aint playable yet but i will guess it will become playable after christmas

my best guess 5.2 will hit in February if all goes well

Deleted
    Some data (All dates of PTR are the earliest dates I could find a blog post about on WoW insider):

4.2 hit the PTR 29th of April, hit the live servers on 28th of June, time on PTR: 2 months
    4.3 hit the PTR 27th of Sept, hit the live servers on 29th of Dec, time on PTR: 3 months
    5.1 hit the PTR 11th of Oct, hit the live servers on 27th of Nov, time on PTR: 2.5 months

So 5.2 should be here in roughly 2-3 months. Personal guess is either 26th of Feb or 5th of March

Deleted
    either the 8th of January or the 15th of January, to hit the PTR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    either the 8th of January or the 15th of January, to hit the PTR
    PTR patches can happen any day they like, so not only on patch days

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    PTR patches can happen any day they like, so not only on patch days
    While somewhat true, the patches only go LIVE on maintenance day.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

They said 5.2 would be roughly 4 months after 5.1. I would say it goes live in late March to early April if that is the case. This would make tier 14 last 6 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    They said 5.2 would be roughly 4 months after 5.1. I would say it goes live in late March to early April if that is the case. This would make tier 14 last 6 months.
    ^ I have seen this as well.

Deleted
    Im thinking March it will be available, give other guilds a chance to go through heroic raids before the new massive one hits.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    That would honestly make the most sense considering they're already putting in efforts to help guilds get through normal mode as most of them haven't even seen Heart of Fear, yet. Much less Terrace. I'd expect they'd want to push it off to when they'd hope at least a nice percentage of guilds have started to farm normal mode tier pieces before they'd open another raid tier invalidating those or at least making it less desirable to pursue heroic progression.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

March/April would be great. What efforts are they doing to help guilds through normal modes right now?

Didn't they say 4 months after the current tier?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    It took more than a month for 5.1 to come out and it was just class balance changes and some daily quests.
    5.2 was in development the same time 5.1 was though. Meaning they're likely very far along, and its just a matter of testing it all now.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna View Post
    My guild started late in MoP so we've only been raiding for a couple weeks. Looks like this current tier is a lost cause for us because I imagine 5.2 will be live in 2-3 weeks and 500 ilevel gear will be everywhere.
    If you think your not going to need any of the gear from this tier to help your guild raid the next tier you guys should probably not raid...
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a raid patch with what looks to be 13 bosses, 4 (unofficial) scenarios, a full questline for Warlocks, more improvement to the farm, another large daily zone like Karasang, and possibly more (transmog rule changes).

I'd say if it goes on the PTR January 2nd, we probably won't see it until late-late February or early March.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    If you think your not going to need any of the gear from this tier to help your guild raid the next tier you guys should probably not raid...
    Eh, you shouldn't need full T14 but if you've got some LFR bits upgraded it'll be fine alongside the new "Thunder Forge" gear.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)