Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Apparently from the new models it means 2-toed, tusked night elf Lol
    I really wish they never made Trolls having a connection to Night Elves
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Zandalari made mistake, instead of trying to invade Pandaria, they should have turned their gaze on two major players that are killing every villianous group in the last few years.

Zandalari made mistake, and for that, they will be obliterated.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if that would work.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I may regret not sitting another day or two on this for the 5.2 datamining mania to die down, but there's one big boss I found missing from the "bosses" post.

King Rastakan.

If the king of the Zandalari isn't dying in this raid, what's going to happen to the Zandalari? Will his death be the climax of the new daily zone (like Dalaran was for Karasang)? Will he see the error of his ways and repent? Or did we just find the end boss of T16 and confirm SoO won't be until T17?
    King Rastafari isn´t leading the Zandalari at given time, but the prophet Zul. He is either lost, dead or something third (better or worse). Would guess that he could be the last 13th boss on heroic mode, or it could be Zul too. But in any case would be rather annoyed if this is just some idea from blizzard to wipe out another troll faction like they did in Northrend (and for some odd reason change them to forest trolls when they have been portrayed as jungle trolls since Zg raid).

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Zandalari made mistake, instead of trying to invade Pandaria, they should have turned their gaze on two major players that are killing every villianous group in the last few years.

Something I don´t get in that regard is they seem uninterested in the pandarans when entering the lands up until the quests we get to protect / attack them - its only their mercenaries that do "bad things" to the pandarans. So besides them keeping their alliance with the mogu and going for the mobu machine their behaviour is somewhat noneagressive.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    As if that would work.
    Stop thinking about frontal assaults. With enough persuasion, horde and alliance would kill each other.

Currently its easier to let themselves tear apart, instead of giving them reason to unite.

They did, briefly. But Trolls are seething xenophobes and would rather do things on their own and be annihilated than accept help from outsiders.
    I was not talking about ceasefire.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-12-22 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I really wish they never made Trolls having a connection to Night Elves
    Neither do I, but there is still a potential to somewhat salvage things.

They did, briefly. But Trolls are seething xenophobes and would rather do things on their own and be annihilated than accept help from outsiders.

Deleted
    After seeing the models of dress Zandalari trolls and the hints of their civilization, I think it's a pretty much done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I was not talking about ceasefire.
    Im talking about the Zandalari trols enlisting help from Horde and Alliance to prevent the Gurubashi from going nuts. Until Cataclysm, Zandalari Trolls were a neutral faction.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    After seeing the models of dress Zandalari trolls and the hints of their civilization, I think it's a pretty much done deal.
    Done deal? I think you're misunderstanding what I mean when I say "salvage".

Deleted
    [/COLOR]Done deal? I think you're misunderstanding what I mean when I say "salvage".
    Related to the Zandalari? Don't see how. Related to other trolls? Well, all "troll" races came from the Zandalari...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hellscream recruits them just watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    As always. Every single major villainous faction misses the fact that over the previous decade, Alliance and Horde have decimated every other "big player". Dark Iron dwarves, Blackrock orcs, Ragnaros, Nefarion, Gurubashi empire, Qiraji, Illidari, Kael'thas' elves and the Burning Legion, Scourge, Infinite dragonflight, Twilight cult...

...and then Zandalari think, "oh but we are surely to success where the fucking Worldbreaker failed!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    As always. Every single major villainous faction misses the fact that over the previous decade, Alliance and Horde have decimated every other "big player". Dark Iron dwarves, Blackrock orcs, Ragnaros, Nefarion, Gurubashi empire, Qiraji, Illidari, Kael'thas' elves and the Burning Legion, Scourge, Infinite dragonflight, Twilight cult...

...and then Zandalari think, "oh but we are surely to success where the fucking Worldbreaker failed!"
    But are the Zandalari villains or just another power trying to survive and expand, much like the Horde and the Alliance?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Hellscream recruits them just watch.
    Honestly I'd more expect him to recruit the Mogu.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I don't think they will be finished here. But I get the feeling something big will happen with the Trolls. Zul'Farrak is supposed to be "empty", the Shatterspear were crushed by the Night Elves for allying with Garrosh, and Zul'Drak collapsed under the weight of the Scourge invasion and their betrayal of their own Gods which backfired on them.

Originally Zandalari were helping heroes defeat Hakkar and tried to preserve history and artifacts in Zul'Drak, but they have a new leader and new direction which could lead them to a deadly confrontation. It's tragic really, I remember doing Zul'Drak quests and thinking "I'm making this much, much worse for them" particularly helping that evil Scourge turncoat Drakuru in Drak'tharon Keep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop thinking about frontal assaults. With enough persuasion, horde and alliance would kill each other.

Currently its easier to let themselves tear apart, instead of giving them reason to unite.

I never actually insinuated any kind of frontal assault. Look I know you hate Warcraft but let's not start and try and dismantle this universe. The Zandalari just won't win this war.

If they change things how Night Elf culture is it would be good but I digress. I think they should of just made Night Elves a unique race.

Warrior-Magi

Why are the Zandalari allied with every enemy we face in-game?

Does Blizzard just enjoy having us murder trolls? Or did they make a poll where brutally murdering trolls was #1 for favorite activities in-game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Why are the Zandalari allied with every enemy we face in-game?
    They were always allied with us before Cataclysm. The mogu are the first non-troll baddies they've ever joined forces with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    But are the Zandalari villains or just another power trying to survive and expand, much like the Horde and the Alliance?
    You think anyone cares? They are a threat. They bite the dust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    You think anyone cares? They are a threat. They bite the dust.
    I didn't said that aren't a threat, only that they aren't villains like the others.

When MoP was in beta, I was perusing some of the information and saw that there was a Zandalari landing base in Pandaria (in northern Kun-Lai) and that they sent an expedition in Mogu'shan Vaults, just like the Alliance and Horde. It kind of looked like the Zandalari were being set up as a sort of third faction. (Of course, I didn't know about the old alliance with the mogu angle until I played through the quests after release.)

I still think they might become a "third faction" along the lines of the Alliance and Horde. They just got a bunch of spiffy new troll models, so they can hang around for a while. As has been pointed out above, they're not really an evil organization. They have understandable and even sympathetic motives that don't involve ending the world. Apart from siding with the mogu instead of the pandaren, they seem to be doing more or less the same thing as the Alliance and Horde in Pandaria (although it seems with higher stakes for them). It's also not difficult to see them taking an interest in the same things the Horde and Alliance might in future expansions (especially if it's something world-threating like Wrathion seems to think it will be).

It should be obvious, but I'll say anway, of course, I don't mean a third player faction. For starters, your race options would be troll, green troll, and dire troll. Although they could have a unique Dinomancer class. That would be cool. (Also, dinosaur jousting at the Argent Tournament.)