Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Fate of the Zandalari

I may regret not sitting another day or two on this for the 5.2 datamining mania to die down, but there's one big boss I found missing from the "bosses" post.

King Rastakan.

If the king of the Zandalari isn't dying in this raid, what's going to happen to the Zandalari? Will his death be the climax of the new daily zone (like Dalaran was for Karasang)? Will he see the error of his ways and repent? Or did we just find the end boss of T16 and confirm SoO won't be until T17?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

patch notes:
    Creatures:
    Zandalari forces have begun scouting the shores of Pandaria, searching for the perfect invasion point. The Zandalari can be found in Krasarang Wilds, Dread Wastes, Townlong Steppes, Jade Forest, and Kun-Lai Summit. Zandalari Scouts can be handled by 1 or 2 players, while elite Zandalari Warbringers will likely require a full party of 5 heroes. Defeat Warbringers to gain special drops, including crafting materials, reputation gains, an achievement, and even the chance to get one of three new rare mounts!
    This is only the beginning for the Zandalari. The raid isn't a troll raid as much as a mogu raid. There's only 2 or 3 bosses with trolls involved.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

I feel kinda bad for the Zandalari, war is the only way for them to ensure a relative independant home for their people, Trolls have been decimated over the years. Now Zandalar was destroyed. If the Zandalari truly fall for good most of what remains of the troll race will follow suit.

Ot

I guess they will have a brief appearance in this patch and in the next major patch they are dealt with.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    patch notes:

This is only the beginning for the Zandalari. The raid isn't a troll raid as much as a mogu raid. There's only 2 or 3 bosses with trolls involved.
    Well that's cool. Hope this doesn't drag into the next expansion. Last thing anyone wants is Trolls in Spaaaaaaaaaacccccceeeeeeeeee.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

maybe rastakhan = ra-den. maybe rastakhan is dead and the prophet zul is someone completely different. maybe rastakhan is dead and zul is ra-den. maybe rastakhan is alive and zul is ra-den and we rescue rastakhan and he puts the zandalari in order. or maybe ra-den has nothing to do with the zandalari. maybe ra-den is a titanic watcher.

the thing is: we don't know. maybe the zandalari saga will end on this patch, maybe not. maybe the zandalari saga will end on this expansion, maybe not.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

It'd be nice if they closed the book on all the non-Darkspear trolls. Vol'jin took his tribe in a direction vastly different from the same disastrous paths other trolls never deviated from. He proved his tribe could still maintain what makes them Troll but also adapt to a changing world and thrive, despite losing their home. The Zandalari fancy themselves better than the other Troll tribes, and therefore gives them the unifying "power" over other tribes whose decline they were there to record. From all the history they kept they never seemed to have learned from it, at all. The Zandalari are in their decline now and they are dragging all the other tribes down with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    It'd be nice if they closed the book on all the non-Darkspear trolls. Vol'jin took his tribe in a direction vastly different from the same disastrous paths other trolls never deviated from. He proved his tribe could still maintain what makes them Troll but also adapt to a changing world and thrive, despite losing their home. The Zandalari fancy themselves better than the other Troll tribes, and therefore gives them the unifying "power" over other tribes whose decline they were there to record. From all the history they kept they never seemed to have learned from it, at all. The Zandalari are in their decline now and they are dragging all the other tribes down with them.
    I'd prefer to see the reverse, the Darkspear are a TINY faction within the Horde, with less than a small tribe left, I'd like to see the Zandalar and indeed the rest of the troll races throw their lot in with the horde to boost up those numbers.

I can see the disorginised and soon to be leaderless trolls following such a strong leader as Vol'jin.

We really don't know... He could be in the questline somehow, becoming a good guy, actually having been a prisoner all along or be an end boss of sorts for the quests. We'll know further along when we know of the quests and all in 5.2.

Though there are three characters I feel we need to see before we can end the Zandalari storyline:

Rastakhan
    Zul
    and Hakkar

Rastakhan we haven't seen at all, unless he was the guy in the 4.1 trailer. Or maybe that was Zul, or they're the same guy. And Hakkar said he'd deal with us another time and I can't see him appear anywhere else but something troll related.

If they don't show up in 5.2, or it's explained why they're all gone, then maybe they'll show up later in MoP or in the upcoming book about Vol'jin. I somewhat hope it won't continue into the next expansion... But it could be a theme that suits some trolls involvement, then it might be good...

As much as I like trolls I still kinda hope we'll see all these characters soon and end the Zandalari storyline for good in a proper manner. We'll see once 5.2 arrives properly.

5.2 won't be the end of the Zandalari. Either we'll get a fully Troll focused patch in 5.3 or they'll continue to be a threat in the future.

Although I'm not quite like troll, but Troll need some LOVE, give them a new home T_T

The story of the fate of the Zandalari could possibly be told in 5.3, which most likely will be a minor patch much like 5.1, and the story will probably be told through scenarios, quests or the like. That's my guess

~Thanks to PaulDok for the awesome signature!~

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I'd prefer to see the reverse, the Darkspear are a TINY faction within the Horde, with less than a small tribe left, I'd like to see the Zandalar and indeed the rest of the troll races throw their lot in with the horde to boost up those numbers.

I can see the disorginised and soon to be leaderless trolls following such a strong leader as Vol'jin.
    Why would they throw their lot in with the Horde?

"bruddhas, hear me out. you all be tryin' ta relive the ol' days o' glory back when trolls ruled over the world. but as you can see, that time be long past. trolls, even together, can no longer trample over all da other races. da world has now many more races than it once had. newer races like humans. alien races like orcs. we can no longer be on top of all, friends. but we can be on top along with many others. as soon as that racist god-playing monster who sacrifices his own and his allies for power, garrosh hellscream, is put down, we can all be together on the top of da world as da horde! join me, me bruddhas. let's put hellscream down and create new days o' glory, days much better than trollkind has ever experienced!"

Well, that really depends.

If they join up with Vol'jin they can be a big part of tearing down the current government and replacing it. It might not have been their original plan but it could make a nice comfortable spot for trolls in the world.

Really, I think we're going to need to read the Vol'jin novel to truly understand how things will be going.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    "bruddhas, hear me out. you all be tryin' ta relive the ol' days o' glory back when trolls ruled over the world. but as you can see, that time be long past. trolls, even together, can no longer trample over all da other races. da world has now many more races than it once had. newer races like humans. alien races like orcs. we can no longer be on top of all, friends. but we can be on top along with many others. as soon as that racist god-playing monster who sacrifices his own and his allies for power, garrosh hellscream, is put down, we can all be together on the top of da world as da horde! join me, me bruddhas. let's put hellscream down and create new days o' glory, days much better than trollkind has ever experienced!"
    Vol'jin doesn't want conquest either; Trolls will never rule the world again. They lost their control over 12000 years ago, and they aren't Immortal so they really should've gotten over it. If they just want a home, Vol'jin could accommodate provided they assimilate to the Horde's laws and customs, but trolls are the most xenophobic race in the game, assimilation would be off the table so long as they were too proud to realise its the only offer they have.

Deleted
    The question should be "What is the Zandalari?". Because, for the looks of it, they are moving from a priest sect of the troll race to the ENTIRE troll race. Blizzard is even giving each troll sub-race a new skin, showing the difference between them (brutish Amani, wierd skin Farakki, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The question should be "What is the Zandalari?". Because, for the looks of it, they are moving from a priest sect of the troll race to the ENTIRE troll race. Blizzard is even giving each troll sub-race a new skin, showing the difference between them (brutish Amani, wierd skin Farakki, etc).
    The Zandalari were always meant to be the original troll race that all the others derive from.

Personally, I hope we go and see what's left of Zandalar. It and Undermine are two ravaged island nations that would make great zones/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The question should be "What is the Zandalari?"
    Apparently from the new models it means 2-toed, tusked night elf Lol

Vol'jin doesn't want conquest either; Trolls will never rule the world again. They lost their control over 12000 years ago, and they aren't Immortal so they really should've gotten over it. If they just want a home, Vol'jin could accommodate provided they assimilate to the Horde's laws and customs, but trolls are the most xenophobic race in the game, assimilation would be off the table so long as they were too proud to realise its the only offer they have.
    I never said he wanted to conquest anything.

but let's see: currently, azeroth has 2 great groups that rule the world - the alliance and the horde. and they are usually kind of tied. so just being part of one of those 2 groups = your race is on the top of the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The Zandalari were always meant to be the original troll race that all the others derive from.
    Yes, I know. But it moved alot since then, with the formation of two troll empires and several sub-races. But they are all reforming into the "Zandalari" flag.

In other words, Zandalar today means something completely different from Zandalar 8 years ago.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 09:32 PM ----------

Apparently from the new models it means 2-toed, tusked night elf Lol
    Well, the connection had to appear some time.