Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    yeah suarok or some kind of snake we have slain :P

Crazy thought as I was browsing the new armour pieces and not too sure if its been said already but often the sets can somewhat reflect something in the tier thats up and coming, sometimes not but to name a few off teh top of my head; pretty much all the firelands sets, rogue T11 for alakir, tier 13 warrior etc, im sure there is many more but just those ones come to mine that really reflect what happens in the tier, anyway the hunter set has pretty much 2 eyes of C thun and recolors of it. Does this mean we can expect some old god to come up with similarities to C thun or a relative/connection to him??

Just a crazy idea, it could jsut reflect the yellow eyes of the Saurok but I'm feeling something super eye (boss mechanic wise) related or C thun related
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. The fact that the majority of out tier sets have the word "stalker" in it is aesthetically pleasing. Often times our tier sets have been derived from the relevance of the tier that they were earned.

This begs mentioning...

Deleted
    probably not an old god this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Well at least we have transmogs now.
    But somehow I feel Blizzard is doing lazy job and calms themselves with the same sentence I just wrote.
    As an artist, comments with this degree of stupidity infuriate me.

The old sets (you know, the ones you guys all hold in such untouchable regard) use low res textures and low-poly models, usually with a minimal particle effect of some kind for helm or shoulders.

The new sets use significantly higher res textures, much higher polygon/more detailed models and yet, because some of you don't like them, Blizzard is being 'lazy'.

More detailed textures and models take MORE work to create, not less. If you don't like them, that's totally your right - but to spew stupidity like 'lazy' because you dislike them is utterly idiotic. And pretty much factually wrong, given the work involved in creating 3d models and textures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

The old sets (you know, the ones you guys all hold in such untouchable regard) use low res textures and low-poly models, usually with a minimal particle effect of some kind for helm or shoulders.

The new sets use significantly higher res textures, much higher polygon/more detailed models and yet, because some of you don't like them, Blizzard is being 'lazy'.

More detailed textures and models take MORE work to create, not less. If you don't like them, that's totally your right - but to spew stupidity like 'lazy' because you dislike them is utterly idiotic. And pretty much factually wrong, given the work involved in creating 3d models and textures.
    lazy in the creation is wrong.

lazy in the design not so much.

butthurt much? i don;t give a fuck whether it took 3 hours or 3 months to create, it looks retarded, just like your comment

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    One looks like a very fucked up snake, and the other looks like a peacock with the tail plumes on its head

Must I stay in Sunwell armor forever -_-
    Saurok Stalker? It looks okay to me, not the best but it's not horrible.

Then again this is just my opinion.

I agree, there is no such thing as "lazy" when it comes to designing things, especially in Video games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    Saurok Stalker? It looks okay to me, not the best but it's not horrible.

Then again this is just my opinion.

I agree, there is no such thing as "lazy" when it comes to designing things, especially in Video games.
    lazy design is possible but creation isnt as the detail is there.

10+ Year Old Account
    shaman pvp set looks awesome, also mail, why can't we have something like that?
    but well shamans always had fucking awesome sets, so no wonders
    My hunter been stealing shammy sets since 1993

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the pvp set. I'll probably transmog into that. The T15 set looks pretty shitty though.

Deleted
    the pvp is not oo bad compared to some previous pvp sets.

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    My hunter been stealing shammy sets since 1993
    since warcraft I days? xD

Deleted
    since warcraft I days? xD
    think was more of a reference to his age :P

That it theoretically took them less time to conceptualize and more time to actually make is not a good thing. If that's true, it's lazy.

You do realize one of the arguments Blue posters constantly make against 'Oh WoW looks so ancient and terrible' is 'Hey our artists make up for it' ?

Deleted
    dont think we can criticise the tiers as they must have votes from some people and im assuming that this tier won.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    dont think we can criticise the tiers as they must have votes from some people and im assuming that this tier won.
    well picking best looking set out of bunch ugly sets doesn't seem like a victory

Yeah. I'll stick with my gold challenge mode armor, thanks.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    working towards this haha it is pretty nice XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    One of the reasons why I haven't really bothered with challenge modes this tier is because I don't really like the look of the armor :/. Sure, the effect is cool but the armor itself, especially the helm... ehh...

And if you don't use it it kinda feels pointless to have done the gold challenge modes in the first place.

I'm planning to mog into the Heroic T14 and H Fang Kung for this expac... hated it when I first saw it but now I think it looks pretty cool, especially with the smoky blue effect.