Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Leveling as monk, WW or Brewmaster

I'm currently lvl 42 on my monk as WW and even though I got all heirlooms (except ring) I still kill mobs like 5x slower then my other classes.

Was thinking if its better to try out Brewmaster and AoE or something?

If that's an option, what is the rotation you use while leveling? (lower levels and up)

merry christmas

Deleted
    Brewmaster, you can also get faster dungeons as tank, and it is easy as a BM

5x slower? all heirlooms? you must be something terribly wrong, espacially at low levels, ww monks are monsters. keep tiger palm buff up, blackout kick, loot

I leveled my monk as brewmaster all the way. I could aoe packs like a champ. Granted I would tend to get a little over zealous sometimes and pull too many, but, that made it more interesting for me.

Use Brewmaster as your other spec, instant queues to dungeons just so you can do the dungeon quests.

I use WW for leveling, it really is faster.
    Hi

I levelled as BrM, went quick enough. Keg Smash, Jab for Chi, Blackout Kick on single target/Breath of Fire on AoE. Tiger Palm when you have nothing else to do. SCK on AoE instead of jab (3 or more enemies).

Brewmaster totally. Tank leveling is the easiest there is. Even though a lot of people found out about dungeon leveling with a tank, you still get instant queue.
    Also, tanks do the most damage in dungeons anyway when played properly, which simply hitting your AOE buttons as much as you can!

Edit: rotation; Keg Smash, SPINNNING CRANE KIIIIIIIICK, Fire Breath.

Brewmaster, like all tanking classes, levels faster than DPS once you get the rotation down. You can pull multiple mobs at a time, vengeance will make your shared attacks stronger than the DPS counterpart, and you have more AOE damage by far.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    BrM leveling is faster in areas that allow you to do efficient aoe pulls. Unfortunately there are questing areas that don't support that due to mobs being too spread out, ranged enemies, or too much competition for tags. WW is faster when killing single mobs. Both specs have their strengths, just go with whatever you enjoy the most. I find it a lot of fun to pull 20 mobs and kill them in less than 30 seconds, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Brewmasters are more efficient killers until level 56, when Windwalkers get Rising Sun Kick.

Also, don't mean to sound dickish, but there are thousands of these threads already floating around this forum, with pretty much the same Q&A every time.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for many interesting tips and views in this thread. *hat off* Will try some BM now

Deleted
    WW is very fun to play when you get your mastery. I suggest going BrM until that point (or rising sun kick) as you use the same gear and you will get quicker queues (But not always, queue for both - sometimes DPS is quicker than tanks).

I am levelin a second monk (im crazy I know), and so far I've gone BM 10-55 (only queuing for dungeons with quests) and then just being WW for when I am questing (HOLY CRAP EVERYTHING IS DYING AROUND M....oh wait).

5x slower .... I was 1 and 2 shotting mobs all the way to 90

I leveled as Mistweaver, questing and dungeons (mostly questing). I had no problems at all until I hit Jade Forest. Then I was basically forced to switch to Windwalker due to enemies having so much hp.

Honestly not to be harsh but you're doing something wrong if you are leveling slow as WW. I one or two shot everything all the way to around 86. BrM may be able to AOE, but most of the time it's slower because of the lack of melee mobs stacking together.

Deleted
    Bullshit, it IS slow.
    I twohitted Mobs leveling a PROT paladin. Without crits.
    Maybe WW gets faster with RSK, but ever tried questing in eastern plaguelands as soon as you hit 40? Mobs have 4kHP, and blackout kick does 450 damage non critat best with full heirlooms.
    Thats quite far from oneshots even if you manage to crit everything.
    These are the hard numbers, and "doing something wrong" is completely impossible if you only have 4 abilities to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I leveled as Mistweaver, questing and dungeons (mostly questing). I had no problems at all until I hit Jade Forest. Then I was basically forced to switch to Windwalker due to enemies having so much hp.
    I leveled from 30 to 90 as Mistweaver. Did all my dailies as Mistweaver up until a month ago. The only problems I ever had was just how slow it got when you hit about Kun-Lai and suddenly enemies HP increased from small percentage jumps to rather large ones.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I know people say that Brewmaster is good for AoE farming, but it didn't even come close to WW for me in that aspect. As soon as you get "Spinning Crane Kick" and "chi wave" all your fears of dying goes right out the window. All the way up to lvl 87 i would literally pull 10-15 mobs whenever i got the chance and kill them in seconds and your singletarget dps is ofc a lot better then Brewmaster. If you ever feel like you pulled one too many adds then just "Touch of Karma" and you basically have double health for it's duration.

I normally like to lvl in tank spec but as WW i pulled more and killed faster then i have ever tried with my paladin, warrior, dk, druid or brewmaster

10+ Year Old Account
    WW and questing while in queue will level you faster, Brewmaster is poop
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy