Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

So we're rerolling to frost when 5.2 hits? -.-

So yea, fire nerfed, arcane nerfed, frost buffed slightly.
    Blizzard wants us to be frost, just when I started to get the hang on arcane and started to like it?
    Now when I finally have some nice arcane gear I have to re-gear again?
    I gathered some nice fire gear, had to find new gear with mastery for arcane and now the same story for frost?

I know the notes are unofficial but receiving nerfs every patch whichs ruins the class/specc is not fun anymore.
    Last edited by mmoca34d3113c0; 2012-12-22 at 07:41 PM.

Well seems like it will be the new FotM by quite some bit, though would think that even its going to get tuned down after people jump to it, So in the end its prolly back to fire as a raiding spec.. if they retune frost as they should

arcane will be just as fine, though when it comes down to top specs I am quite worried that frost might be on top. and i hate frost and micromanaging everything. 3.5% scorch seems a bit over the top, hopefully wont be more than 1-1.5%

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I missing something? I didn't see a Frost buff.

Yes, these completely untested 5.2 patch notes are just going to stay the same all the way through the month(s) of PTR testing and all the way onto live
    They certainly won't then be hotfixed three days later without any warning or testing either

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Am I missing something? I didn't see a Frost buff.
    Frostbolt tuned up.

It wouldn't be a mage if blizzard didn't over nerf it -.- siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, idgi 50% reduced combustion damage, did it need to be nerfed? yes. by that much? no. .1%-3.5%, did it need to be nerfed? a nerf is viable, by that much? no .........

I hope they nerf nerf and bring it down to, like someone said, 1 to 1.5%

Well everyone complains of having nothing to do in wow... there now you have something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    Frostbolt tuned up.
    Ice lance tuned down...

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    It wouldn't be a mage if blizzard didn't over nerf it -.- siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, idgi 50% reduced combustion damage, did it need to be nerfed? yes. by that much? no. .1%-3.5%, did it need to be nerfed? a nerf is viable, by that much? no .........

I hope they nerf nerf and bring it down to, like someone said, 1 to 1.5%
    The combustion nerf isn't the issue with fire. The critical mass nerf is the issue. Losing that much crit made it that much more difficult to get pyro crits, let alone multiple pyro crits for big combustions. The critical mass nerf decreased damage in every way other than mage bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Ice lance tuned down...
    Don't see any official OR unofficial changes to ice lance in 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostbolt tuned up.
    Ah I thought the implication was that frostbolt doesn't put up the debuff anymore (which would mean 5% nerf on ice lance) but it doesn't specifically say that. So we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yes, these completely untested 5.2 patch notes are just going to stay the same all the way through the month(s) of PTR testing and all the way onto live
    They certainly won't then be hotfixed three days later without any warning or testing either
    yee but thats what we said when we saw the 6 stack arcane charge and level 90 mage talents... so ye, his topic is a bit wrongly worded, but there is still a discussion to be had here..

Deleted
    Already play frost and enjoy it very much, arcanes play style I just can't enjoy :/ so any frost buffs will be welcome by me ^^

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    sounds like 5.1 and combustion/critical mass =p lolol

edit did we miss the part where freeze form water ele wont give FOF unless the target is rooted?
    seems like a nerf unless theyre implementing something else
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    I'm already leveling the warlock I may very well switch to with 5.2 ... -.-

Seriously... Yeah, there's still probably like 1-2 months of PTR before us, a lot can change. But given how that went with 5.1, 2 months PTR, very few of the tested changes actually went live, and then three days later, mega-nerf! ... really not looking forward to another nasty surprise.

Deleted
    Well I am not rerolling but these changes really pissing me off.
    mages needed a nerf but this is overkill and ruins the class in my opinion.
    I am sure I'll get the hang on frost if needed, I'd rather be fire or arcane though.

I really hope they consider what these changes will do to mages.

Don't see any official OR unofficial changes to ice lance in 5.2
    They took out the stacking debuff that increased ice lance damage bei 15%

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd rather play frost than fire or arcane any day of the week, so I hope it becomes the new top spec.

All three specs will still be top half of the DPS specs, like they are now. Nothing wrong here.

just blame kalgan. he's always fuckin with classes to suit his flavor of the week in arena. that asshat should be fired for that.