10+ Year Old Account

I, for one, welcome the Blade Flurry nerf.

This will (hopefully) begin an era where Rogue single-target damage isn't balanced around our cleave potential.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Did you welcome when assassination couldn't get prep anymore, because Assassination would be balanced in pvp without it? How did Cata work for assassination pvp?
    Did you welcome when combat couldn't get prep anymore either? Did combat pvp work in Cata too?
    How about when they lengethed the cooldown on vanish and blind? Did they balance rogues around the bigger cooldowns, or have to revert the nerf?
    How about when they linked prep and shadowstep- are rogues balanced around that right now? Reverting that nerf is necessary, and thankfully is totally happening.

Did you feel your single target this patch was actually underpowered? I felt my single target sustained as mutilate was splendid.

If you think you will be compensated if this nerf goes live, you have NOT been paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVE damage balance is not the same as PVP balance.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

What does the blade flurry nerf have to do with pvp balance?

gosh BF is not meant to be a PVP skill it never was its a pure PVE skill we all know it and i dont like to do 75% less damage on garalon where i hardly pull 130k (prenerf) while others do the same without sacrificing anything i also tank garalon cleave
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    PVE damage balance
    it isnt really a "balance" with sweeping strikes untouched. i can agree cleave is pretty crazy right now, but with multi DoTers and warriors SS we arent the only one with a lot of cleave potential. I would like to see BF go back to being a "tool" as opposed to the only reason to spec combat, but in its proposed form its pathetic. right now, according to shadowcraft, its actually a DPS -loss- to turn on blade flurry. you do more damage to one target total than you would be doing split between the two.

I'd like to see it as a CD as it once was personally, or even better, a mechanic where you can switch between 2 targets and still continue building CP to the same pool. something along the lines of
    SS person 1, have 1 CP
    SS person 2, have 2 CP and do 20% of SS's damage to person 1
    SS person 1, have 3 CP and do 40% of SS's damage to person 2
    SS person 2, have 4 CP and do 60% of SS's damage to person 1
    SS person 1, have 5 CP and do 80% of SS's damage to person 2
    evis either, use the the 5 CP and do 100% the damage to both.

its only the SS and evis damage (not auto attack) so not hugely OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Did you welcome when assassination couldn't get prep anymore, because Assassination would be balanced in pvp without it? How did Cata work for assassination pvp?
    Did you welcome when combat couldn't get prep anymore either? Did combat pvp work in Cata too?
    How about when they lengethed the cooldown on vanish and blind? Did they balance rogues around the bigger cooldowns, or have to revert the nerf?
    How about when they linked prep and shadowstep- are rogues balanced around that right now? Reverting that nerf is necessary, and thankfully is totally happening.

Did you feel your single target this patch was actually underpowered? I felt my single target sustained as mutilate was splendid.

If you think you will be compensated if this nerf goes live, you have NOT been paying attention.
    Prep is now baseline. Thus, you now have Prep-Shadowstep. Replacing Prep is a talent that causes your stealth attacks to put you directly behind the target, and gives them a 30 yd range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stick to the 5.2 changes thread and the already existing 5.2 BF change thread. I get the desire to discuss this, but it's sprawling enough without pulling out more open topics.