Considering to try out Rift.

I am considering to try out the trial for Rift. I quit WoW a couple of months ago after MoP was a big disappointment for me. My main question just is: How is the balance in the game (Pve and PvP wise) and how is PvP just in general? I herd that Pve is really good, but how good is it really? And how is the raid progression (Is it like in TBC where all raid content was relevant whole expansion, or is it more like WOTLK, Cata and MoP?). Comparrisons to WoW would be nice (Not like WOW/Rift IS SO MUCH BETTER, but just... how does it feel to play? And is there stuff like RBG and arena?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I am considering to try out the trial for Rift. I quit WoW a couple of months ago after MoP was a big disappointment for me. My main question just is: How is the balance in the game (Pve and PvP wise) and how is PvP just in general? I herd that Pve is really good, but how good is it really? And how is the raid progression (Is it like in TBC where all raid content was relevant whole expansion, or is it more like WOTLK, Cata and MoP?). Comparrisons to WoW would be nice (Not like WOW/Rift IS SO MUCH BETTER, but just... how does it feel to play? And is there stuff like RBG and arena?)
    Firstly, I suck at PvP. Second, the PvP is based around the same concept as PvE raiding - you need a certain number of each class to get the battleground/warfront won. I feel it is a hybrid between WotLK and TBC.

PvE isn't good. It's goddam amazing.

See my video in my sig for (what is hopefully) a comprehensive review for new players.

The PVP is not ideal but very fun.
    The PVE is the best in the industry and you get a new raid every month and a half about. IE: Storm legion launched nov 15th and the second raid come out on the 12th of decemeber. In chocolate, all the raid content was relevant so I can't see SL being any different.

The game play is very smooth even if the animations aren't. Sometimes people can't tell the difference between the two. This is just WoW with faster content, insane customization, and updated graphics, and less PVP focus.

However, all the opinions in the world are essentially meaningless compared to your own so I am going to send you are recruit a friend code so you can try the game out for yourself (for free). You can also log 3 hours of playing rift on raptr for a free copy of the game and a month free.

edit:
    You can get RIFT free, plus 30 days gametime when you log 3 hours of playtime on RIFT lite. All you have to do is run an app on your computer called raptr.

Raptr: http://raptr.com/

THE OFFER HAD ENDED BUT HAS NOW BEEN RENEWED! 14/12/2012 GET YOUR KEYS QUICK BEFORE THEY GO AGAIN!

Enter the RIFT for free!
    REQUIREMENTS:
    Amateur or above in Rift
    Facebook account connected
    Must have recently run the Raptr Desktop App
    Resident in eligible country
    Verified email address
    Discover a dynamic fantasy world where eight primal forces battle for control in the ever-changing landscape of Rift. Starting November 13th, gamers ranked Amateur or above in Rift can earn a free copy of the original RIFT game and 30-days of complimentary game time! This offer can only be used by new RIFT subscribers.

How do you earn a rank in a game without owning it yet, you may ask? Try the free version of the game to begin logging hours as either a noble Guardian or technomagical Defiant and rank up! Once you have reached Newbie or above you may earn this reward!

The 30-days of complimentary game time is only applicable to new RIFT subscribers.

To view the complete rules and a walkthrough on earning this reward, go here.

http://raptr.com/rewards/rift-amateur

-Nykolas

editedit: PS, I have sent you my RAF and I play on deepwood.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-12-22 at 07:34 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    The PVP is not ideal but very fun.
    The PVE is the best in the industry and you get a new raid every month and a half about. IE: Storm legion launched nov 15th and the second raid come out on the 12th of decemeber. In chocolate, all the raid content was relevant so I can't see SL being any different.

The game play is very smooth even if the animations aren't. Sometimes people can't tell the difference between the two. This is just WoW with faster content, insane customization, and updated graphics, and less PVP focus.

However, all the opinions in the world are essentially meaningless compared to your own so I am going to send you are recruit a friend code so you can try the game out for yourself (for free). You can also log 3 hours of playing rift on raptr for a free copy of the game and a month free.

edit:
    You can get RIFT free, plus 30 days gametime when you log 3 hours of playtime on RIFT lite. All you have to do is run an app on your computer called raptr.

Raptr: http://raptr.com/

THE OFFER HAD ENDED BUT HAS NOW BEEN RENEWED! 14/12/2012 GET YOUR KEYS QUICK BEFORE THEY GO AGAIN!

Enter the RIFT for free!
    REQUIREMENTS:
    Amateur or above in Rift
    Facebook account connected
    Must have recently run the Raptr Desktop App
    Resident in eligible country
    Verified email address
    Discover a dynamic fantasy world where eight primal forces battle for control in the ever-changing landscape of Rift. Starting November 13th, gamers ranked Amateur or above in Rift can earn a free copy of the original RIFT game and 30-days of complimentary game time! This offer can only be used by new RIFT subscribers.

How do you earn a rank in a game without owning it yet, you may ask? Try the free version of the game to begin logging hours as either a noble Guardian or technomagical Defiant and rank up! Once you have reached Newbie or above you may earn this reward!

The 30-days of complimentary game time is only applicable to new RIFT subscribers.

To view the complete rules and a walkthrough on earning this reward, go here.

http://raptr.com/rewards/rift-amateur

-Nykolas

editedit: PS, I have sent you my RAF and I play on deepwood.
    Sorry i don't sign up to random shit that want me to link my facebook and what-not. Especially not when it runs a program that monitors my computer. I generally don't trust programs that i have no idea what is doing on my computer. And it also want me to give my steam account to it...

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Firstly, I suck at PvP. Second, the PvP is based around the same concept as PvE raiding - you need a certain number of each class to get the battleground/warfront won. I feel it is a hybrid between WotLK and TBC.

PvE isn't good. It's goddam amazing.

See my video in my sig for (what is hopefully) a comprehensive review for new players.
    I have already watched nearly all your videos before even making this thread, i have just yet to hear anything PvP.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2012-12-22 at 07:46 PM.

Sorry i don't sign up to random shit that want me to link my facebook and what-not. Especially not when it runs a program that monitors my computer. I generally don't trust programs that i have no idea what is doing on my computer.
    Fair enough.
    The RAF is through Trion and is just a bunch of bonus stuff for your account.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Fair enough.
    The RAF is through Trion and is just a bunch of bonus stuff for your account.
    That whole Raptr thing just feels so shady. Also what region do you play in? (I play in europe myself)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have already watched nearly all your videos before even making this thread, i have just yet to hear anything PvP.
    Ah, thanks for that. I will try to do one on PvP. I need to speak to some PvP'ers to get insight, however, so I can make an informed video as my knowledge on this part of the game is lacking.

EDIT: Lacking only in respect to one-vs-one strengths, weaknesses, builds and PvP class mechanics. The bigger warfront thing I am pretty okay with.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-12-22 at 08:01 PM.

That whole Raptr thing just feels so shady. Also what region do you play in? (I play in europe myself)
    The Refer a friend isn't through raptr though.
    Also, I play in NA.

There's little real difference between Raptr and Xfire; they both serve the same purpose. If you're familiar with Xfire, you'll recognize Raptr as a newer competitor. I don't support, condone, or advocate Raptr (or Xfire, or Facebook, or anything else I feel might track me), but a number of newer Rift players deem it a small price to pay for freebies. To each their own.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry i don't sign up to random shit that want me to link my facebook and what-not. Especially not when it runs a program that monitors my computer. I generally don't trust programs that i have no idea what is doing on my computer. And it also want me to give my steam account to it...
    I am hesitant with things like this, especially after being forced to install Origin to play BF3. I refuse to play any game any more that requires Origin because that has been known to be pretty shady..I mean, it's EA.

With that being said, Raptr only monitors your game activity that you choose. You don't have to link your Steam games, or your PS3 games, or your Xbox account. It's all optional. The requirement to link it to Facebook is for free advertising, which is what pays for your rewards basically. It can be added, but blocked through Facebook so that it can't post there or read your data anyways.

From one paranoid person to another, it appears to be in order.

As others have stated, the PvE in Rift is best all around in the world of MMO's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyces View Post
    As others have stated, the PvE in Rift is best all around in the world of MMO's.
    What makes it the best?

Also how many raids are there and how many bosses in each raid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    What makes it the best?

Also how many raids are there and how many bosses in each raid?
    Raids, and how many bosses they have doe's not deem how good the pve is in this game, its the quality and the fact you have choice.

February 2011: Beta to Head Start
    March 30, 2011: Patch 1.1
    May 10, 2011: Patch 1.2
    June 22, 2011: Patch 1.3
    August 3, 2011: Patch 1.4
    September 28, 2011: Patch 1.5
    November 16, 2011: Patch 1.6
    February 1, 2012: Patch 1.7
    April 18, 2012: Patch 1.8
    June 27, 2012: Patch 1.9
    September 12, 2012: Patch 1.10
    October 17, 2012: Patch 1.11 (see below for links to the patch notes)
    November 13, 2012: Patch 2.0 (Storm Legion)
    December 12, 2012: Patch 2.1

Patch cycle, use this link here: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...d-revised.html
    To see a list of patches with the raids listed in them. and also to see whats changed