Jin'Rohk, The Great Apocalypse

So, I was going through the achievements for the new bosses, mostly to get their names, and saw that there is a boss named Jin'rohk the Breaker. For those that played BC, there was an item off of Zul'Jin called Jin'rohk, the Great Apocalypse, so I'm curious if maybe this was the original weilder of that sword or something to do with the sword, or just an oversight by Blizzard, or maybe even just a little easteregg. What do you guys think?

Yea, this name fooled many of us already...

It's Jin'Rokh. Not Jin'Rohk, like the sword was called.

Apparently Jin'Rokh was an npc in vanilla, the one who turned in ZulGurub tokens into enchants. I kinda recall him, a big dire troll, sitting where the rest of Zadalari used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yea, this name fooled many of us already...

It's Jin'Rokh. Not Jin'Rohk, like the sword was called.

Apparently Jin'Rokh was an npc in vanilla, the one who turned in ZulGurub tokens into enchants. I kinda recall him, a big dire troll, sitting where the rest of Zadalari used to.
    I'm sad now.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Jin%27rokh_the_Breaker

jin was the guy who gave us the quests to make the warrior and paladin zul'gurub sets.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... it MIGHT be a typo. I've seen lots of typos that have taken years, expansions to be fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the names are too much alike not to have some sort of connection.

That's actually quite likely. The other sword was called Zin'Rokh and they are clearly related.

Well, the achievement itself has a typo in it.

Heroic: Jin'rokh tbe Breaker (New)

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's actually quite likely. The other sword was called Zin'Rokh and they are clearly related.
    No, Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds is another weapon. There is legitimately an old ZG weapon named Jin'rohk, The Great Apocalypse, and that's what's being discussed.

I have always assumed they were somehow related, and that the two swords might be related to each other, but it's nice to see old NPCs coming back in the new raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait so the dire troll who was my buddy is now a raid boss ..... but i shared tea with him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    wait so the dire troll who was my buddy is now a raid boss ..... but i shared tea with him
    You shared tea with Lord Godfrey as well, and we all know how that ended up.

OT: I noticed the name similarity right away, and looked it up on Wowpedia. I was surprised to find out that not only was the NPC and sword apparently unrelated, but that the boss had given me some gear a few years back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never shared a cup with Godfrey..... oh that explains a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    And the Trolls come full circle. I would be surprised if we didn't get a new Jin'Rohk two handed sword model.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    No, Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds is another weapon. There is legitimately an old ZG weapon named Jin'rohk, The Great Apocalypse, and that's what's being discussed.

I have always assumed they were somehow related, and that the two swords might be related to each other, but it's nice to see old NPCs coming back in the new raid.
    That's the one i'm talking about. What did you think i meant when i said "other sword"?

You guys...

http://www.wowwiki.com/Jin%27rokh_the_Breaker

No typo, no sword, nothing else than mutated quest giver.

Waiting for "REHASHED CONTENT LOL ACTIBLI$$!!!!!!!1!!!11!!1!1!oneoneone" because they have a recurring character.

I did not notice the spelling difference between the sword and the NPC though! I thought of the sword at first when I saw the boss name, looked it up to find the quest giver Didn't do much raiding back in vanilla, so I wasn't too familiar with this guy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn