Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Threatened to have a hit taken out on me!

So I have a coworker and recent good friend of my wife and I who is in a kind of Sugar daddy relationship with an older Arab prince or something, though they haven't getting along great recently from what I understand. Anyway, she and I flirt a lot, my wife doesn't really care cause she knows it's innocent (my wife and her are good friends). So I drive this girl home from work and I guess her friend sees me and thinks something is going on and tells her he could have "end her" or me for only $5 grand, and that he's done it before and it's no big deal.

So my friend tells me all this kind of laughing about it (sort of her way, she smiles and laughs even when she tells you really serious things) and I'm like, whoa! Anyway, she has almost no friends and is really lonely, and we really like her, but whoa! I'm just a little freaked out. My job means the two of us are always paired off working together (and I can't change that in any way due to the nature of my work). Is this guy just full of it? Do I need to get an alarm or a gun or something?
    "We are dwarfs, but dwarfs who stand on the shoulders of those giants, and in our insignificance we are able then to see further than they over the horizon." Umberto Eco - Il nome della rosa

A fantastic guide to what's not in the constitution! http://www.usconstitution.net/constnot.html#life

Your only recourse is to challenge him to a duel.

Deleted
    sounds worrying mate.

Sounds like you need to go buy one of them super scary assault weapons. Make sure to get a couple 75/100 round drum magazines for it as well.
    Last edited by anveena; 2013-01-16 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell the police, threats like that are usually taken pretty seriously. Especially since he has said he has done it before.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    I call bogus. That's just the usual rich douchebag attempt to intimidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I call bogus. That's just the usual rich douchebag attempt to intimidate.
    Better to not take the chance. Report the guy to the police.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Here's a crazy idea.... Call the cops. tell them the story and let them handle it. you know. Thats what they are there for.

why are you asking a bunch of random assholes and not calling the cops if you really feel in danger? if the guy is as bold to even say that crap you should be as bold to have the cops go after him.

Call the police. Better have the police laugh at your overreaction, than to have her suddenly "disappear".

Tell homeland security that he has ties to Al Queda and laugh while he is shipped to Guantanamo bay. Disclaimer: Only works in the USA.

Just tell the police and tell your friend to stop seeing this psycho piece of shit.

Laugh with her. What a joke, no need to worry imo unless you live in some crazy part of the world.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Challenge him to a duel, with either verry crappy guns or verry nice swords.
    Chances are he will chose the swords, you chose the guns and shoot him in the face, problem solved...

On a serious note, i dont know the guy, but dont think he will take out a hit on you. But if you are really scared by him go to the police, they tend to frown upon these kind of things. Specially if he said he has done this sort of things befor.

Deleted
    I think it costs more then 5K to kill 2 people mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Craigslist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five grand? tell him he's dreaming.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Craigslist.
    You know, i could actualy see that happening some day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, some people are stupid and cheap enough... Not speaking out of experience.

And as said above, it's just a classic way of intimidating for rich people. Unless it's mafia and stuff, you don't have to worry, we just want you to shit your pants so we have something to laugh about when seeing friends. That is speaking out of experience, lol....

15+ Year Old Account
    As others said - call the police. What on earth are people in here supposed to do about it?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

You know, i could actualy see that happening some day.

On some of those stupid criminal shows I have seen two ppl advertising to contract kill.

OP 5k is just a joke nobody you could rely on actaully doing the job and not rolling over on you instantly would do it for 5 grand. He is blowing smoke up your ass, all the same report him and let it blow up in his face.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."