10+ Year Old Account

Reflecting Chaos bolt

So my hunter hit 90 a few days ago, I grabbed some ghetto crafted pvp gear, my glyph of mirrored blades, and started pvping. That glyph is tons of fun, and I've been having a blast reflecting spells in bg's. Now, I dont really pay attention to the damage these reflected spells do. But while facing a lock in a BG, I finally paid attention. I see him a chargin his lazers, and slam my deterrence button. I see the little beam of death come towards me, then fly straight back at the warlock and see a nice big .......30k flash up. Ya, 30k. He then hits me a while later with a chaos bolt for a nice non crit 140k+ (I'm only at like 50% resil, so ya).

So whats going on here? Why is my reflect doing so much less then the spell? Does this happen for all the reflections, and I just dont notice it, or is this some weird instance?
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

10+ Year Old Account
    That is disappointing, but i suppose expected. Would love to get this confirmed though.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    That is disappointing, but i suppose expected. Would love to get this confirmed though.
    I've had my chaosbolts reflected many many times and I can confirm it does garbage damage to myself with that being said my chaos bolt will nearly 1 shot you with that resilience if mine goes off haha

PS - Chaosbolt has a 100% chance to crit along with It's dot OP
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-12-23 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, didnt know that. Just assumed it didnt crit since i usually get hit for well over 200k.

So anyway, crazy idea. Could i throw on a spell power staff when I deterrence for extra damage, or would that have no effect?

I've reflected 150k Chaos Bolt back at them so I don't really think its based on the hunter's intellect/sp or anything like that.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    yeah dont think it depends on hunter SP or int.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    It probably scales based on the casters spell stats, and since the reflect acts as if the spell it reflected was cast by you, it doesn't scale nearly as high as it would when cast by the lock. I could be wrong, but i think that's how it works.
    I don't think so. I've reflected a 80K Frost Bomb crit before (the mage wasn't shattered).

I think what happens is reflection abilities double dip in resilience. Resilience procs when it hits you, then again when it hits the warlock. Plus, the reflected Chaos bolt might not have been buffed with SUPER DUPER COOLDOWNS like trinket and such when it was reflected. Chaos Bolt is pretty wimpy when its not combined with some sort of damage increaser.

Soul link and absorption effects (Sacrificial Pact) might have been in play as well. Absorbed damage doesn't show up in the yellow floating combat text.
    Last edited by yurano; 2012-12-23 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    Im quite sure it reflects the actual cast from the lock back in hes head, ive done like 150k+ reflects on whatever the name of locks executes would be.

i'm sure he had defensive cd's up.. unending resolve (50% dmg reduc) plus soul link plus his own resil or he could even have a priest bubble or something.. Get a warlock buddy or any random warlock in trade to duel you and cast it on you to test it.. pay em a little gold for his time..