How do I get back into the game?

So - little back story, I raided with a very tight knit guild in Cataclysm, we went 76th US, but we fell apart after DS. I went to raid with the only 25 man guild on the server, and went from 76th US to 400th.

I lost all interest in the game, and basically just quit raiding. Now I asked my old GL to log on and invite me back to my original guild just to get the perks, but now I'm stuck and not sure what to do. I'm only 2/6 heroic MV, and 2/7 normal HOF, and no experience in Heart of Fear.

Not many guilds are willing to take a risk with me, due to not having any experience in the new content.

Any suggestions? I want to get back in to the raiding game, but right now there is no foreseeable way.

First question is why do you even want to? Why did you come back? What is your goal here?

1) I've played this game for all eight years, and I enjoy it still to this day.

2) Answered through #1

3) I want to raid again, competitively, but I'm not sure how to get into a guild from where I am now, based on my experience in this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fill out apps and tell the your past experience and that you have come back from a break. If a guild is any good they will look at your past history not just your current one.
    Aye mate