Getting a good controller for some games?

Hello everyone

Next week I will be buying (probably) Dishonored and Dark Siders 2 for PC, since i don´t own a PS3 or Xbox...And I´d like to buy a controller (Joypad or whatever :x) to play them with on my PC, specially since Dark Siders 2 doesn´t look very confortable to be played on a keyboard.

I´d like to hear suggestions on which controller (or which kind) I should buy.

Thanks , and sorry if there are any grammar mistakes xP, english isn´t my first language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, find which you like. Playstation or Xbox controller. For Xbox don't get the wireless one unless you also want to purchase an extra USB plugin.
    Xbox's is more or less plug and play as Microsoft already supports the driver obviously.
    Playstation all has a wired so you don't have to worry about that. It's just a Mini (not micro) USB to USB.

Playstation 3 you need to download a driver for it. I use MotioninJoy Dualshock3. http://www.motioninjoy.com/
    There is an Xbox360 'emulator' basically just puts all the keys and buttons much like an Xbox controller.

Only difference really is just the placement of the Dpad / Left stick and shape of the controller, so pick which one you like. Make sure they're wired, and just use that.
    Note, since most PC games use Xbox scheme for buttons, your x circle triangle square for Playstation are going to be the respective a b x y. So those are just to get used to.

I personally use a PS3 controller as it also can act as both Xbox emulation or PS default for certain other things.
    That and I don't have a wired Xbox controller.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-12-23 at 07:25 AM.

I personally use a Logitech F710 which is very nice and also quite cheap , might wanna look into it .Also , i have played darksiders 2 with both controller and pc k+m and i can tell you it is actually better with mouse and keyboard .

Quote Originally Posted by Bucinela View Post
    I personally use a Logitech F710 which is very nice and also quite cheap , might wanna look into it .Also , i have played darksiders 2 with both controller and pc k+m and i can tell you it is actually better with mouse and keyboard .
    :O Is it?... I see...well I´ll probably buy a controller anyways, I´ll look into that one, or maybe the Xbox 360 controller... Thanks a lot guys