10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] The Hobbit intro, female dwarves?

Okay, so when I saw this movie first, I just have to say, that I really liked it! I think they managed quite well, and it will be cool to se the last two parts too!

But now on topic. I noticed in the introduction, when Bilbo is telling Frodo about Erebor and Dale and stuff, that in the marked there, there might be some female dwarves. I think they look quite female, and they are short, and I'm pretty sure some of them have something that might look like little beards and mono-brows! Did you guys notice the same? Or do you have a better explenation? I'm not an all-knower in the Tolkien universe, so feel free to correct me

And here is a crappy movie of the intro by some guy with a phone camera. Check out 1:50 - 2:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.

Those are humans, because it wasn't the dwarves, however I did see female dwarves fleeing the mountain when smaug attacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Those are humans, because it wasn't the dwarves, however I did see female dwarves fleeing the mountain when smaug attacked.
    Yes/No/Yes

Dale was a city of men on the River Running between the Lonely Mountain and the Long Lake, however in the shot that marrefar is talking about there is a Dwarf Woman selling finely crafted Dwarven goods, which would have been common in Dale as it was trading partners with the Dwarves of Erebor (Lonely Mountain).

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Yes/No/Yes

Dale was a city of men on the River Running between the Lonely Mountain and the Long Lake, however in the shot that marrefar is talking about there is a Dwarf Woman selling finely crafted Dwarven goods, which would have been common in Dale as it was trading partners with the Dwarves of Erebor (Lonely Mountain).
    Hmm, I didn't know that, but wow I don't mind it's just a small blink and you'll miss it gag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Hmm, I didn't know that, but wow I don't mind it's just a small blink and you'll miss it gag.

I believe the correct term is "Fan Service".

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, thanks for the info This is the first time Dwarven females have been pictured in the movies, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.

There was 3 female Dwarves in that intro in Dale that i spotted...

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right, female dwaves only make up 1/3 of the total population. So it wouldn't be surprising to only see a few of them.