Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Inquisition bug fix :)

Hey,

Did you guys notice this:
    •Paladin
    •It is no longer possible to refresh Inquisition to a lower duration.

tbh, never thought it was a "bug", although it happened to me a few times, i welcome this "fix" with open arms

joy.

Deleted
    Keeping Inq up sucks when soloing. How about looking at that for a bug fix, eh Blizz?

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Keeping Inq up sucks when soloing. How about looking at that for a bug fix, eh Blizz?
    thats not a bug, you're talking about improvements, same thing can be said about every buff out there no? like a rogue's Slice and Dice for example (although there's a glyph that refreshes it when u kill :P) , 30 seconds is a long time.

Inquisition needs to die in a fire... no pun intended?!? It's a relic from when Ret was too simple in Wrath and added in Cata to artificially make us more complex, and to add a way to control our burst in PvP, which is now not an issue at all. There is nothing more frustrating than to have to refresh Inquisition when your team is in trouble, and you have to use all your Holy Power to heal. The spell serves absolutely no purpose any more, and does nothing but make the spec feel awkward... it needs to become a passive very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Inquisition needs to die in a fire... no pun intended?!? It's a relic from when Ret was too simple in Wrath and added in Cata to artificially make us more complex, and to add a way to control our burst in PvP, which is now not an issue at all. There is nothing more frustrating than to have to refresh Inquisition when your team is in trouble, and you have to use all your Holy Power to heal. The spell serves absolutely no purpose any more, and does nothing but make the spec feel awkward... it needs to become a passive very badly.
    What really sucks is when you are about to land a kill and Inquisition is falling off and without it you won't get the kill but refreshing it also means you won't get the kill because of the time it will take to get 3 holy power again.

Like you said, It was added to make Ret take longer to do burst damage at the end of Wotlk / start of Cata. Now at this point it has little to no place.

Deleted
    [sarcasm]
    Yeah remove inquisition, so that the only finisher we have is TV for single target or DS for cleaves. That would make holy power really interesting.
    [/sarcasm]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    [sarcasm]
    Yeah remove inquisition, so that the only finisher we have is TV for single target or DS for cleaves. That would make holy power really interesting.
    [/sarcasm]

Inquisition is really a silly mechanic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Not quite sure what everyone has against Inquisition, I have no issue with it whatsoever in PvE other than when I forget to re-apply it which doesn't happen particularly often. It's not that I love the spell or anything, but it's really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and the issue with landing the kill, really? That's your own fault for not reapplying it earlier as you were setting up the kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasstapp View Post
    Not quite sure what everyone has against Inquisition, I have no issue with it whatsoever in PvE other than when I forget to re-apply it which doesn't happen particularly often. It's not that I love the spell or anything, but it's really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and the issue with landing the kill, really? That's your own fault for not reapplying it earlier as you were setting up the kill.

Of course, it's always our fault. The mechanic and how it's designed is just bad IMO. What it does is certainly powerful but it's designed really badly. Why they thought it was better to go to this from Wrath I have no idea.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Considering this, then all mechanics that buff your dps for a given duration is bullshit : savage roar for feral druids, Slice and Dice for rogues..., and I'm sure this is not exhaustive...
    Stop whining 'cause you must press one more button every other 30sec, and be happy to actually deserve to be acknowledged for getting the most out of your character by doing more than face-roll your keyboard...

Besides Inquisition has been buffed since it gives +10% crit now, or maybe any buff and proper rotation pre-requisites are just to be turned into passive auras ?

You need to get a kill? give him that last TV and refresh with just 1HoPo to finish him off!
    Saying Inq is bullshit is a point of view, but denigrating something ought to be followed by some decent suggestion to improve it, not just say "let's go passive".

"passive" & "gameplay" are not words that go together well IMO.

I'm pretty satisfied with Inq the only suggestion that I can think of would be : we gain 1 charge of HoPo when used and get it of the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Of course, it's always our fault. The mechanic and how it's designed is just bad IMO. What it does is certainly powerful but it's designed really badly. Why they thought it was better to go to this from Wrath I have no idea.
    I agree that the potency of Inquisition is a bit overwhelming and they could make it a buff that you had to keep up to be competitive in PvE (i.e. +15-20% holy damage), but you wouldn't miss a well set up kill in a PvP environment because your Inquisition drops off when the enemy is on 5% hp. They could shift some of it into a passive effect and still have the buff be necessary to compete in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's usually a good idea to offer a solution when bitching about a problem.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I think the key aspect of your post is PvE. Most of the complaints in this post are about PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    That's not a bug at all. It's intended to fall off. Don't like the 30 second duration, glyph the 60 second version. You lose some damage output, but by doubling the uptime you basically get the same damage just at a slightly lower rate, but allowed to TV more. Sure it's a dps boost to not glyph, but if it's that much of an issue then glyph it.

I think the key aspect of your post is PvE. Most of the complaints in this post are about PvP.
    True, but a change with Inquisition will have impact in both PvE and PvP most likely, so any view will be relevant.

It's a relic from when Ret was too simple in Wrath and added in Cata to artificially make us more complex, and to add a way to control our burst in PvP

Kind of like Holy Power, which was also shoe-horned on to every other Paladin Spec and absolutely fails to affect Ret in any meaningful way relative to its design goal?

True, but a change with Inquisition will have impact in both PvE and PvP most likely, so any view will be relevant.
    My point is that in PvE it's fine, in PvP it's a nightmare.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 04:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Kind of like Holy Power, which was also shoe-horned on to every other Paladin Spec and absolutely fails to affect Ret in any meaningful way relative to its design goal?
    Yeah, we need more holy power finishers for it to feel less artificial, just not ones like Inquisition that are themselves artificial for another reason. An entire resource for 3-4 moves is just silly. It would be great to throw in a few new finishers (which would not be hard to balance since we already need holy power pretty desperately for other stuff), maybe a silence or a disarm. I would love to get a knock-back, pretty weird for a melee I know, but it would be great for getting other melee off a partner, knocking people into the open away from pillars, or to punt them off a platform... a Paul Phoenix style holy power punch would be really fun, especially since Ret has virtually no control over positioning in PvP, and because people can't scream homogenization over a single target punt for a melee.

Deleted
    I'd like it if they'd at least make it possible to have Inq use up 5 HP for a 1m duration and make the glyph add the option of using it with no HP for a 10s duration like the savage roar glyph.

Maintenance buffs are bullshit and always have been. They add an artificial layer of depth to your character. They are like owning a car with a 1-gallon fuel tank, you're constantly having to refill that sucker because for some reason the people who designed the car decided they needed to slow you down somehow.

There's no depth to it, there's no choice. It's just solid maintenance that constantly needs to be refreshed. There's no choice in the matter, you either keep it up or you're boned. Like imagine if you had a window in your house that every time you shut it would open up again in 30-minutes and let in a frigid breeze. That's what we're dealing with here and we can't just prop it up with a board or nail the window shut, instead we have to constantly get up out of our warm beds, wander over to the window and shut it. That's rather lazy design all around.

For Inquisition to be meaningful a couple things would have to happen: 1) Lower the duration and increase the damage it allows you to do &/or 2) Offer a secondary cooldown that could compete with it by offering different benefits.

WoG more or less fulfills the 2nd requirement, but the first is still lacking.

I mean take a look at Inquisition versus say Colossus Smash. They both fulfill the same role, but CS is the more interesting of the two.

Which brings an interesting thought, maybe all Inquisition really needs is a damage component added when you use it at 3-hp. Something like a Holy Nova or Wrath going off that would be an overall increase in our sustained DPS and make the button more interesting to hit.

Deleted
    Inquisition adds depth to the ret gameplay. It is something to maintain and consider, another filler to dump a resource we are building up with an array of attacks. Do rogues bitch about having to maintain slice and dice/recuperate? Yeah, the bad ones do, but to a lesser extent. Savage roar for ferals, same deal. Monks have tigers fury, basically the same thing, again.

Inquisition makes that there's somewhat of a skillcap and you don't fall asleep while deepsing.

P.S.: It makes ur fuckin hands glow. Be thankful, fellow brethren of the light. Goddamnit.