10+ Year Old Account

Department of Justice ransomware a joke as far as viruses go

Ok so i got the Department of Justice ransomware and i found out something hilarious, my computer made a restore point 45mins before this ransomware popped up... i dont have it set to create a restore point every day so im guessing windows 7 forced the restore point before the ransomware initialized and downloaded. If you have windows 7 run in safe mode and run the restore easy as pie . NOTE: if you run a restore in safe mode it CANNOT be undone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahgurim View Post
    Ok so i got the Department of Justice ransomware and i found out something hilarious, my computer made a restore point 45mins before this ransomware popped up... i dont have it set to create a restore point every day so im guessing windows 7 forced the restore point before the ransomware initialized and downloaded. If you have windows 7 run in safe mode and run the restore easy as pie . NOTE: if you run a restore in safe mode it CANNOT be undone.
    Or...don't click scandalous links, don't download random things, and if you had trouble w/ those 2 please also DO NOT SPEAK TO STRANGERS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Or...don't click scandalous links, don't download random things, and if you had trouble w/ those 2 please also DO NOT SPEAK TO STRANGERS.
    first part is true but not talking to strangers? that is excessive....... (and likely ruins allot of potential fun times)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    first part is true but not talking to strangers? that is excessive....... (and likely ruins allot of potential fun times)
    All strangers want to break into your house and murder you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    All strangers want to break into your house and murder you.
    get off my lawn ! (must be fun to say for real at least once , yes im thinking of the scene in gran torino )