Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    And I would vote it a best game (becouse **** *** Diablo 3 RMAH and **** *** Mass Effect 3 ending) and best MMO (becouse **** *** World of Dailycraft). Best graphics? I dont know, on this one I am not sure, didnt seen enough games this year myself to judge but I like the art style of GW2. IMO GW2 graphics is good. Relevant? Irrelevant? Opinions.
    Don't know what's worse ME3 ending or Zhaitan, but at least if you completely isolate the single player experience ME3 is a better overall RPG, at least in my opinion, and that's funny considering GW2 also got best RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Totally independent of all my gameplay gripes about GW2.....it's a sad, sad day for RPG's when this gets called the Best RPG though. Should have called it the "IGN Shiniest Turd Award".
    Guild Wars 2 has problems long term at level cap, but it's a fantastic game otherwise. I don't think any other MMO manages to get world exploration being fun to do as well as Guild Wars 2.

Game of the Year on gamespy too. I think they awarded 10 different games the game of the year 2012 title :s

I can see best MMO, but I'll have to disagree with best PC game and best graphics. Best game, for me, would have to go to The Walking Dead. You play it once, and you see a very good game. You play it a second time, and you see an amazing game. Best graphics, form their limited list, I would say Far Cry 3, but from the games I have played this year, I'd have to say TSW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha... as if an IGN award is worth anything... IGN could have shit in their hand and given it directly to Anet... it's pretty much the same.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I get it why it got awarded for best graphics:

-) great artworks
    -) huge visual range - you can see enemies and allies from a huge distance
    -) pretty solid performance in large groups - if you have the right CPU
    -) still nice graphics on low settings
    -) detailed huge zones - no copy & paste

Last edited by Maarius; 2012-12-28 at 05:45 PM.

Deleted
    detailed huge zones - no copy & paste
    Yeah, it's better than many of the games out there in that regard.
    Centaurs, centaurs everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Centaurs, centaurs everywhere.
    yeah sure

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category%3aBestiary
    I can see that 74 different types isn't enough for everyone. Wait... I cannot.

Deleted
    Well, it IS mostly Centaurs everywhere in most human zones. Of course, that makes sense because I guess they're like...the big-bad enemy of the humans and all. But it's undeniable that "fighting centaurs" will make up a lot of your time leveling a human.
    Our casteles, towers and keeps are no match for their, um...hooves?

Our casteles, towers and keeps are no match for their, um...hooves?
    you should really visit the other 21 zones instead of the 4 where centaurs are ruling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    you should really visit the other 21 zones instead of the 4 where centaurs are ruling
    I am sorry if you feel personally offended by my tone just so you know I am trying, atm I'm in jungle spider limbo.

Also just to be factual i did encounter more bandits than centaurs, criminality in Kryta has gone out of control.

Angry Joe weights in with his top 10 of 2012. Guess which game is number 1?

Joe is a clown but his original GW2 review is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Really need a consolidated guild wars 2 won section...And why is karizee so far behind the news nowadays. Im suprised by best mmo, what with War z just being released, but gratz to Anet even if a) I dont agree with best pc game or b) best mmo or C) best graphics.
    I chuckled at the War Z bit. Grats to Arenanet though!

Angry Joe is a nut but he likes a lot of the same games I do. I approve of his top 10 list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't IGN sell out their awards?

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Doesn't IGN sell out their awards?
    No.

Can we get off the "X GAME/STUDIO BOUGHT Y AWARD" bullshit? I can't believe how prominent that nonsense has become this year. It's really quite painful.

I am sorry if you feel personally offended by my tone just so you know I am trying, atm I'm in jungle spider limbo.

Also just to be factual i did encounter more bandits than centaurs, criminality in Kryta has gone out of control.
    nah, no problem, nothing personal I've no idea how much you've seen yet, I see how you can get annoyed by too much hooves, standing in the center of a full scale world war against centaurs as a human.

Just you wait until you get to Orr man. After the Risen, you'll like centaurs a whole hell of a lot better.

Oh sure. Unless there's more than 10 things on your screen, and then people are just flat out invisible. Fix culling already.
    I agree that the CPU thing is bullshit. GW2 is very CPU bound and that was a constant complaint back in beta and has never completely went away. That's still a major problem with the game. Same with culling, but it's usually only a major issue in WvW or in major zerg events in PvE (which you really don't run into many of any more).

I wouldn't be surprised if the CPU-bound issue and culling are tied together.

The walking dead is an excellent game but I dont understand how people can put it as GOTY.
    Its story is excellent, moral choices heartbreaking and acting good. It's an overall unique experience. But the game lacks finition (animations), choices don't matter much in the story and overall it's more an interactive movie than a game (and it therefore kinda sucks that choices don't really matter).

Games like GW2 and FarCry 3 and BL2 are more serious candidates imo.