Page 1 of 2
LastLast

IGN Awards - Best PC game and more

It seems IGN has given GW2 a few awards in its 2012 roundup, no overall GOTY but still a pretty good haul for Arenanet!

Best PC Game
    Best MMO Game
    Best PC Graphics

Linky

10+ Year Old Account
    Really need a consolidated guild wars 2 won section...And why is karizee so far behind the news nowadays. Im suprised by best mmo, what with War z just being released, but gratz to Anet even if a) I dont agree with best pc game or b) best mmo or C) best graphics.

war z?

Trololol?

You have to be kidding?

OT: Grats Anet, I agree that its the best PC game and MMO of the year, graphics i would not really know, but i love the world and visuals in gw2 as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Really need a consolidated guild wars 2 won section...And why is karizee so far behind the news nowadays. Im suprised by best mmo, what with War z just being released, but gratz to Anet even if a) I dont agree with best pc game or b) best mmo or C) best graphics.
    Nah but a consolidated "I'm here to whine about a game I no longer play" would be quite brilliant, then you and bovinity and the few vocal other ones could easily navigate to a section perfect for you and the rest of us wouldn't need to see you guys repeat yourself for the 1000th time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolit View Post
    It seems IGN has given GW2 a few awards in its 2012 roundup, no overall GOTY but still a pretty good haul for Arenanet!

Best PC Game
    Best MMO Game
    Best PC Graphics

Linky
    again mistaking aesthetics for graphics, oh well... at least they're not professionals or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    again mistaking aesthetics for graphics, oh well... at least they're not professionals or anything.
    Isn't that the entire point of appreciating graphics? The idea that the best-looking graphics should go to the game with the highest fidelity, with no consideration for aesthetic appeal, is arguably one of the biggest downfalls in the gaming industry. Not saying their opinion is correct, but what constitutes a best-looking game should consider more than just how powerful the engine is.

Just going to jump in here early, don't start bickering about things, chaps. People have their own opinions, and as long as they're posting constructively and not attacking others, that's fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    How about a, "Rushes to the rescue every time someone says something negative about my Holiest of Holies game." section? <3
    How would that work if you guys are still there? logic isn't big with you is it?

There was a warning to stop this kind of bickering and stay on topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-12-23 at 07:25 PM.

Even more impressive is how many media outlets are giving The Walking Dead honorable nods. Looking at IGN alone The Walking Dead appears in almost every category as winner or runner-up.

Looking at The Walking Dead across many of these EOYs it might be the most critically acclaimed game of the year.

That's interesting.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with IGN's opinion on GW2 for all 3 catagories. If you have the machine to run it on very high settings, the game world and attention to details is remarkable. And on my modest I7 2600, Radeon 6850 it looks awesome and runs very smooth. Even with a lot of other players on the sceen at once. I cannot remember it ever crashing...not even once. And I been playing sence early Sept. It is revolutionary to me in many ways. From the way they do PVP and keep it seperate from the open world PVE ( perfect ) to no mob or resource stealing to worry about. And they way the inventory and instant sorting and such is done for crafting mats is very well done. The way questing is handled is done great too.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2012-12-23 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Even more impressive is how many media outlets are giving The Walking Dead honorable nods. Looking at IGN alone The Walking Dead appears in almost every category as winner or runner-up.

Looking at The Walking Dead across many of these EOYs it might be the most critically acclaimed game of the year.

That's interesting.
    I think it's well-deserved though. Telltale has done some awesome stuff and they should be awarded for it.

As for GW2, for me it was the best in all 3 categories, especially aesthetics. The attention to detail in the environments is staggering. There are definitely some gameplay issues to be worked out, but they have a really solid, really promising game.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolit View Post

Best PC Game
    Best MMO Game
    Best PC Graphics

Linky
    How the heck can GW2 win best PC graphics? IGN should read up on the definition of graphics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I think it's well-deserved though. Telltale has done some awesome stuff and they should be awarded for it.

As for GW2, for me it was the best in all 3 categories, especially aesthetics. The attention to detail in the environments is staggering. There are definitely some gameplay issues to be worked out, but they have a really solid, really promising game.
    careful it's graphics not aesthetics, don't mess with the professionals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    careful it's graphics not aesthetics, don't mess with the professionals
    Meh, it's obvious the name is wrong, not the criteria. On graphics alone, generic shooter #543 would probably win, but MMO's can't possibly have graphics as advanced a those games. GW2 beats them when it comes to aesthetics, though.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    How the heck can GW2 win best PC graphics? IGN should read up on the definition of graphics
    I would assume they're not specifically referring to graphical fidelity, but to visuals as a whole (since the overwhelming majority of people don't make a hard distinction between art style/aesthetic, and visual fidelity). If it's talking about visuals as a whole, I can see it winning the category as it scores pretty high in both style/aesthetic and the visual fidelity category. It doesn't top either, but I think it's a very strong choice overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2, graphics, good? :S

I really wouldn't vote gw2 as the best game, the best graphics or the best mmo of 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    GW2, graphics, good? :S

I really wouldn't vote gw2 as the best game, the best graphics or the best mmo of 2012.
    And I would vote it a best game (becouse **** *** Diablo 3 RMAH and **** *** Mass Effect 3 ending) and best MMO (becouse **** *** World of Dailycraft). Best graphics? I dont know, on this one I am not sure, didnt seen enough games this year myself to judge but I like the art style of GW2. IMO GW2 graphics is good. Relevant? Irrelevant? Opinions.
    Last edited by Awe; 2012-12-24 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant say I agree with all of it, but GW2 is definitely better than a few titles to release and live into 2012. I think Rift deserves a bit of credit for SL, probably one of the better games Ive played this year.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it deserves it, of all the games that have been released with HUGE expectations, I'm happy to say that Guild Wars 2 was the one that was the least disappointing for me. Granted I don't play it for the main reason of there's just pretty much nothing I'm interested in doing at max level anymore, and they can't/won't return hacked characters, but, it was a great and fun experience while it lasted, I'll always come back for jumping puzzles everytime they add them.

I'm happy to say that Guild Wars 2 was the one that was the least disappointing for me.
    Being the least disappointing does not make it a great game.