Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    Now that I got you looking at ALL Parses

10H- ranking at an awesome 9th!

25H- ranking at an awesome 5th!.... FROM THE BOTTOM!

Now lets start to look at 10H(since i do 10H mainly)
    And lets start at HoF since MSV heroic can easily be overgeared.
    WoW I wish I was in your boat.

I am Elemental Shaman and from the parse you have, we are 2nd from the bottom, wanna swap?

>Overall, we're in a good place, but i think we're quite gear dependant.

locks, mages, and moonkin have 20%+ better scaling coefficients on int and at least two secondaries than does shadow. it's not that we're gear dependent, it's that we have to outgear our competition to be competitive in single target.

just saying that we can still perform on par with other classes.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Thank you I do have a lock ready to pass main at 5.2 if things stay the same, currently 488ilvl and doing more dmg than my SP at 502 ilvl.
    lol l2p...k

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-01-02 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    WoW I wish I was in your boat.

I am Elemental Shaman and from the parse you have, we are 2nd from the bottom, wanna swap?
    I feel for you. Our ele sham already went enhance.

If only priests had that option! Holy dps lol

Deleted
    WarlockStar :> I do know how to play thank you, i do constant ranking on my SP, except when our strat doesn't allow us to cheese(we don't aoe on unsok/meljarak). So please keep idiotic comments like that to yourself, any lock with 20 ilvl lower than a SP will do about the same dmg on single target, its fact. So please go back to your forum and keep enjoying your soon to be nerfed class. If not, my lock will be my new main.
    Last edited by mmocfc3a103b64; 2012-12-25 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    Simulationcraft is a bunch of bullshit as it is all fictive numbers, I would use raidbot instead and then if you are still the worst dps class you can whine.

Deleted
    .. and where have I mentioned simcraft...?

Yeah and sim craft is also telling me I can't do crap for dps as destro, and I'm doing well over 100k + every fight this tier so far. Simcraft is trash imo

Deleted
    You would still be doing more as affli. ON single target at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raidbots - spec score - pretty much only warlocks, mages, rogues and hunters.. Sounds balanced.
    Tbh I'm sweating trying to get the most of my little shadow and it's still not enough to make a real difference, like it was in Cata... sad.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2012-12-26 at 12:58 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    Warlocks beg to differ.
    But Warlocks really struggle to heal tanks, I've found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    But Warlocks really struggle to heal tanks, I've found.
    Heal tanks? What are healers for?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Heal tanks? What are healers for?
    Maybe I missed the person's point I was quoting. Wasn't he/she complaining that the warlock has 3 specs which can be used based on raid need/situation? If so, the Warlock has 3 dps specs, while the Priest has a dps spec and 2 healing specs... not trying to get into a pure vs. hybrid argument, and perhaps I misunderstood the person I quoted, it just seems a little strange to complain that a class that only has dps specs has multiple ways to dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    Maybe I missed the person's point I was quoting. Wasn't he/she complaining that the warlock has 3 specs which can be used based on raid need/situation? If so, the Warlock has 3 dps specs, while the Priest has a dps spec and 2 healing specs... not trying to get into a pure vs. hybrid argument, and perhaps I misunderstood the person I quoted, it just seems a little strange to complain that a class that only has dps specs has multiple ways to dps.
    Well what you're saying touches into the realm of how priest is the only class with 2 healing specs, which hopefully will be dealt with in the future. Thus the only real utility, since we can't even interrupt in raids, is by actively healing (since they even took away passive healing for some reason), which is neither here nor there if you want to be the best DPS. Sure, it's awesome for top 100 guilds, not so much for the rest 99.5% of the raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I'm gaining more and more gear, I find myself not being upset *AS* much at our dps. I do feel we still need some type of CD though, or a shorter CD on MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Thus the only real utility, since we can't even interrupt in raids, is by actively healing (since they even took away passive healing for some reason)
    The healing contribution of Halo/Divine Star and VE (glyphed) can be quite substantial, in many ways a great deal more beneficial than the old VE. To say we don't have passive healing contribution to a raid is just flat out incorrect.

Regardless of this healing contribution, it should be a fringe benefit of playing a SPriest and not something for which, as it seems right now, we are penalized.

Deleted
    Sigh, the only fight were we actually have " 2 dps specs" is tsulong where going holy seems to be the best option, the single target damage will be pretty similar, but you will be able to bring much more on the day phase with healing, We are probably the class that can affect the most the boss's health bar(going down and healing up). But holy will surely get nerfed.

To ota, you are not comparing the healing tools correctly, you should think more of the new VE as our old divine hymn(which can either be considered a nerf or a buff-its a buff when there are dmg modifiers, nerf otherwise), and our old VE is our tier 6 talents(except cascade ofc). They are used on cd and their healing is never life saving, helps but not so much that you'd actually want to stack SP.
    Last edited by mmocfc3a103b64; 2012-12-27 at 07:35 AM.

Are you saying that VE's contribution pre-5.0 WAS lifesaving? I don't get it. Also, DH was a 6 minute CD, it was channeled, and it forced you to stop what you were doing. VE now is a 3 minute CD, doesn't require you to stop what you're doing, and (when glyphed) is the single most powerful healing spell of _any_ of the DPS hybrids in the game.