Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    VE might be better than what DH used to be in 10 man, but no in 25m, especially if you consider the 10% healing your hymn use to put. The healing of VE doesn't scale well with format:S

But no our old VE didn't save our life, but you were wrong in comparing the old VE and the current one^^.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atfirst View Post
    worst class in dps according to simulation craft (google simulationcraft)

I play spriest as main, no matter what (singel target) fight, mages hunter warriors lock etc do 10-20k more dps

gonna be hard to buff tho

spriests are very strong in pvp

I cant figure out anything how to buff PvE while not buffing PvP
    mages hunter warriors lock etc do 10-20k more dps
    hunter
    Cool story bro!

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-01-02 at 09:07 PM.

current VE is pretty good if you're in execute range, or there's a significant +dmg taken debuff like a garalon leg or elegon burn phase, but it's not as good as combining old DH with druid tranqs.

nothing we have can compare utility-wise to speccing for 0 cd PWS and using SWD on cooldown for mana. that was basically what got my old guild our first hspine kill by being able to bubble the whole raid before going into rolls. was also generally a more useful thing to do than spamming devouring plague during movement.

Deleted
    how about remove the stupid dubble click glyph swd and

mind flay has a 5% chance to proc swd ( with orb )
    or
    mind flay has 10% chance to proc swd but will not award a orb

Quote Originally Posted by Xepias
    how about remove the stupid dubble click glyph swd and

mind flay has a 5% chance to proc swd ( with orb )
    or
    mind flay has 10% chance to proc swd but will not award a orb
    Can you imagine how fucked you'd be if you were spec'd DI/FDCL and then had to add SW: D procs on top of it? It's not a bad idea, but I think in practice would only really increase our single target DPS, and even then, not enough to really fix the inherent problems of the spec. It's just another button to press.

Also, please stop pretending VE in its current iteration is somehow inferior to DH. We're not getting DH back, so it's silly to even compare it. As it stands now, glyphed VE is one of the most powerful raid cooldowns in the game and it's one of the few things Blizz got right about SPriests in 5.0.

edit: Although, if you're spec'd DI/FDCL, MF goes pretty low on your priority queue of buttons to press... SW: D above 20% still wouldn't feel right to me, though.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2012-12-27 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a burst cooldown, what if Dark Archangel were brought back but changed to this: When activated, it's the equivalent of constant Surge of Darkness (FDCL) procs for 15 or 20 seconds? So you'd get spammable instant, empowered Mind Spikes that don't extinguish DoTs for the duration. You'd still weave in Mind Blast and SW:D (in execute range) but it would allow you to line up more nukes in burst windows and you could use it while moving, if necessary.

To be clear, this wouldn't have anything to do with the FDCL talent, you wouldn't need to have it selected. It would just operate as if you had the FDCL talent it was proc'ing continuously for the duration of the cooldown.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    What made SP so strong in Cata was:

-High VT dmg.
    -Crits with MF reduced Shadowfiend duration.
    -On use Dmg Cooldown.
    -Great Mastery (with T13 pc4 and even before)
    -Decent Dmg with Imp DP while on the run.

What makes SP weaker in MoP:

-VT got nerfed.
    -MF crits doesen't reduce Shadowfiend CD.
    -No more burst CD.
    -Too many instant casts.
    -Mastery doesen't increase our Dot dmg.
    -Longer Cooldown on Mindblast.
    -We do not scale that greatly with BL anymore.

They should just increase the Dot dmg from VT by 10-20% and give us a real DMG cooldown. For example: removing SW:I and putting instead a mighty 3rd Dot that lasts 20 seconds with 3 Minutes CD. (Like DP in BC)

as far as scaling goes...
    the problem with mastery isn't that it does not increase the damage of our dots, it's that mastery doesn't increase the damage of several other abilities (level 90 talents) mind blast, mind spike, sw:d

the problem with haste is that it does not scale with several of our damaging abilities(those mentioned above) and it only scales with our hardest hitting dot at specific breakpoints due to it's uptime. DP ticks happening more or less frequently really don't make a difference unless we can add another tick(and thus change the overall damage).

crit has no interaction with our spec whatsoever, it simply causes more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ambident View Post
    crit has no interaction with our spec whatsoever, it simply causes more damage.
    also makes gearing up a tremendously uninteresting ordeal. it's not like there's some magic point where you get some cool synergy like with warriors getting crazy uptime on their enrage or moonkins getting significantly more starsurges from stacking crit. we just pick crit because none of the other stats really buff our DDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevatez View Post

-High VT dmg.
    -On use Dmg Cooldown.

-VT got nerfed.
    -No more burst CD.
    -Too many instant casts.

They should just increase the Dot dmg from VT by 10-20% and give us a real DMG cooldown. For example: removing SW:I and putting instead a mighty 3rd Dot that lasts 20 seconds with 3 Minutes CD. (Like DP in BC)
    well said.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

-High VT dmg.
    -On use Dmg Cooldown.

-VT got nerfed.
    -No more burst CD.
    -Too many instant casts.

Eh an all power full DoT with an 11% up time would imply that it would do jaw dropping damage (PvPers would be up in arms). Not sure I'd want to be that dependent of a DPS CD, in order to be competitive in DPS. Also, you'd have to assume Blizz would balance the rest of our tool kit around that one DoT.

But what made spriests strong in Cata was not "Great Mastery", people complained about Mastery back then, its because people are short sighted and don't remember this because of the whole "grass was greener". For the record, Mind Spike spam with T13 wasn't fun or amazing either. Justifying how great it was in one tier at the expense of the rest of that expansion is saddening.
    Last edited by mindp; 2012-12-28 at 06:59 PM.

Empowered shadows even in T11 its 900000 times better the piece of crap we get now

Deleted
    We need a buff in PVE that does not effect PVP, as we borderline need a nerf in that department. So it seems to me buffing our tier bonuses is the quick and easiest solution. I dont like it by any means as it doesnt solve our scaling issue come 5.2, but for now it might suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    Eh an all power full DoT with an 11% up time would imply that it would do jaw dropping damage (PvPers would be up in arms). Not sure I'd want to be that dependent of a DPS CD, in order to be competitive in DPS. Also, you'd have to assume Blizz would balance the rest of our tool kit around that one DoT.

But what made spriests strong in Cata was not "Great Mastery", people complained about Mastery back then, its because people are short sighted and don't remember this because of the whole "grass was greener". For the record, Mind Spike spam with T13 wasn't fun or amazing either. Justifying how great it was in one tier at the expense of the rest of that expansion is saddening.
    First of all, we didn't "spam" Mind Spike. We used it when Shadowfiend was up for 15 seconds, the dmg from it was just OP (If the SF scaled with BL it was even more insane). Second, it's just my opinion that the SP rotation feels cluncky and not smooth at all. In my opinion shadow feels a bit like a retribution Paladin in Cataclysm, slow ressource generation and really RNG. Obviously you don't know the facts, Mastery was greatly buffed in 4.0.6 making it really nice since then. In T13 Mastery was our best stat after we reached 2589 haste (for non-goblins).
    Last edited by mmoce0554199a1; 2012-12-29 at 09:02 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    First of all, we didn't "spam" Mind Spike. We used it when Shadowfiend was up for 15 seconds, the dmg from it was just OP (If the SF scaled with BL it was even more insane).
    I was obviously talking about the interaction between Shadowfiend/FourT13/Mind Spike. Sorry, I guess I should have elaborated better.

Second, it's just my opinion that the SP rotation feels cluncky and not smooth at all. In my opinion shadow feels a bit like a retribution Paladin in Cataclysm, slow ressource generation and really RNG. Obviously you don't know the facts, Mastery was greatly buffed in 4.0.6 making it really nice since then. In T13 Mastery was our best stat after we reached 2589 haste (for non-goblins).
    First, you're right about that feel of Cata Paladins, I think a lot of people would agree with you on that. Second, if I remember correctly (as I didn't do DS progression at all), lot of spriests continued to go with haste even after hitting plateaus, because the value of haste never really hit rock bottom. It was just better than Crit. (http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=340) And yes, people complained about Mastery.
    Last edited by mindp; 2012-12-30 at 12:31 AM.

need more shadow orb rengeration -_-

finishing a mind flay channel 30% chance to give you a shadow orb

VT does less damage at start that QUICKLY ramps up over time (for example does 1 damage first tick 5 damage ,15,35 and 50 at the last tick)

give them a dps cd like......for next 7 seconds your mind spike will always crit wont consume you dots and your SWD is useable for this duration with x4 damage (burst damage cd or something!!!)
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2012-12-30 at 10:16 PM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    WarlockStar :> I do know how to play thank you, i do constant ranking on my SP, except when our strat doesn't allow us to cheese(we don't aoe on unsok/meljarak). So please keep idiotic comments like that to yourself, any lock with 20 ilvl lower than a SP will do about the same dmg on single target, its fact. So please go back to your forum and keep enjoying your soon to be nerfed class. If not, my lock will be my new main.
    You keep saying that BS even spread it on the lock forum, but you need to prove it or else your just a fool

Archangel is what's missing, no need to buff anything, just give us back archangel on 1,5min or 2min cd again. This will fix the single target DPS issues we have right now, and won't make us over the top in multidot fights, as warlocks already destroys us.

For all of you who claiming that there's a skill issue for shadowpriests complaining about sp's DPS, no.
    Shadowpriest is one of the easiest classes to master right now. Compare a mid skilled spriest with a top skilled spriest, you wont see as much difference in the DPS as you would with warlocks with those skillcaps. I wanted to qoute som guy that said something like "just click on everything that glow"

For what's it matter, i played spriest for the first month in this expansion and discoverd how boring it was (basically cause it's too easy to play spriest + boring rotation/prio list.) So i switched back to my lock.

What ever the answer I seriously hope they don't just come up with a tier bonus gimmick as a fix. I have run LFR for weeks. Have raided the first 4 in MV several times. For all that all of my gear has been from valor rep vendors. LFR pieces I do on rare occasion get are for pieces I already have or have better. I have 0 pieces of Tier.

Do I feel competitive in the gear I have? Absolutely. I can hold top 5 in LFR and top 3 in our 10 group. There will always be fights where we shine or others out perform us. Maybe it isn't even a Dps difference on certain fights that make us better. We need to stop looking at the stupid meter or logs that can be misleading. And I mean groups tossing every boost to the priest to help them rank. It's a balancing act numbers game. They know what range they want certain classes to be in and what percentage of participation of classes. If they see shadow being passed over and an increase in other classes they will tweak to balance.

They know we need some adjustments. Wait to see what the next tier of fights are. Who knows maybe it will be multi target fights that we will dominate. Maybe ones where shadow damage does more damage. We don't know what hey have planned. Maybe we are missing the tree because we are looking at the whole Forrest.

We also have to keep in my mind that the further into the expansion we get our gear will not scale as good as other classes making us falling even more behind. Our resource system is limited, will stay the same through the entire exp. While locks for instance will get more shard proccs at other haste plateus, aswell more ticks from dots.