Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I still expect Blizzard to create an armless dragon and name it Manticore just to troll us.
    They won't have to, the entire world wide web will implode once the new player models are revealed.

it looks pretty good cept for the beak it looks deformed :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bizarrogman View Post
    let's talk about how sexy the new wyvern is though.
    This. Glad I'm Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadows ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Which is... wait for it... A lion and eagle merged together.

Arguing with people on this site is like banging your head on a wall and arguably more painful too.
    your spot on. I guess the people who thinks the new one looks better also would like even more demon looke alike eyes, and maybe flames coming from the ass of the birdy

Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    They won't have to, the entire world wide web will implode once the new player models are revealed.
    Old male night elf models will have tusks added to them and be released as the new male troll model. This might be the best thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    your spot on. I guess the people who thinks the new one looks better also would like even more demon looke alike eyes, and maybe flames coming from the ass of the birdy
    Something can be regal and war battered at the same time. I think the new gryphon looks plenty regal, but it also looks like its been to war and is still war ready. And demonic eyes? Slightly glowing blue eyes are demonic? *scratches head* If anything, they are more regal/angelic, while red/yellow would be demonic.

Also on the glowing eyes, more things with glowing eyes! Night elfs, worgen, draenaieiae, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Like Gryphons are in our wild?
    You did say this...

Just look at the multitudes of eye types in our wild.
    Why should gryphons be the exception?
    Not to bastardize lore (and gryphons existed in lore l-o-n-g before WoW existed).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Hey no one mentioned the feathers on the feet yet I think. Clearly another thing they need to fix asap because the old model doesn't have them. And as of right now it makes no sense what so ever. blizz plz

The new model is shit, the only improvements are the wings/feet, everything else looks worse than the old models.
    Especially the Eyes/beak.

Hell the new image looks so deformed I want to say that it's actually 2 different images shopped together side by side.
    Like the back half is a turkey and the front half is a gryphon model from a newer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Not to bastardize lore (and gryphons existed in lore l-o-n-g before WoW existed).
    Again with those delusions of yours...

Warcraft lore is based on D&D, but its not same. How can you otherwise explain countless of other shit that deviates from D&D.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, the eyes don't even glow. They're just white and lifeless, and the wings are just WAYYYYYYYYYY too big. I realize this even more after logging in to see the mount close up.

You did say this..
    I guess thats true. My mistake. But my point still stands. Plenty of beings in Warcraft have slightly to full glowing eyes. Why should gryphons be the exception?

Also, many animals have eyes that seem to glow(See reptiles) due to bright color or light refracting.

Does not change origins of these objects.

To argue otherwise is giving everyone the same armor because there's no more armor class restrictions, "just because". Just have that Warrior tank show up in a frilly dress as it has all the plate bonuses, and let Blizzard market that as what a Warrior can be! That would look sooooo kewl as the next tier armor, too!

-_-
    Then all the Paladins of the world can unite and wear the pink gear they deserve.

Deleted
    [Link Removed]

Actually serious this time.

Moderator Note: Don't post meme images or links to meme images. It's against the rules. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-12-23 at 07:25 PM.

I guess thats true. My mistake. But my point still stands. Plenty of beings in Warcraft have slightly to full glowing eyes. Why should gryphons be the exception?

Also, many animals have eyes that seem to glow(See reptiles) due to bright color or light refracting.
    I don't mean to side with this guy but I think his point is the old version doesn't have glowing eyes and since the new one has I guess it lacks consistency. Assuming of curse that 1) it doesn't matter since it's a cartoony fantasy game and 2) they are two different kinds of gryphons aren't valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Compare it with the picture of a real bald eagle and tell me what head looks more realistic...
    News at 11--

real bird looks more real than fake bird

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    News at 11--

real bird looks more real than fake bird
    I think he means which of the models looks more realistic >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Gryphon is the original spelling of griffin, a legendary creature with the head, talons, and wings of an eagle and the body of a lion. And the dodo-part is the beak.
    Fantasy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    The day we are content with mediocrity is the day we stop moving forward.
    You may think it's mediocre, but alot of us think it's a great model, and the colouring is fine.:P