10+ Year Old Account

New heirlooms in the next patch

So with the heirlooms going to make it to 85, and the addition of new weapons and off hands, what happens to the current stuff that most of us own? Do we have to reaquire the new stuff or does it upgrade on its own?

outside of the pvp heirlooms, I current have all the sets plus most of the weapons minus the agility staff.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    am in same boat as you there Mala, have almost every current heirloom out there, and am hoping like crazy, I don't have to 're-buy' them once the updates / new ones go in. The offhands /shields etc are a nice addition tho, they've been a looooooong time coming indeed.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, miss the fact that there is heirloom fist weapons coming also...so stoked, but now consider waiting on them for my monk(who is at lvl 46) to finish lvling him.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    yeah, miss the fact that there is heirloom fist weapons coming also...so stoked, but now consider waiting on them for my monk(who is at lvl 46) to finish lvling him.
    There already is a fist weapon heirloom.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    The Fist weapon is already in the Game. You need to be in the Brawlers Guild to get it. We will get 2 Shields an Off-Hand and a new PvP-Trinket in 5.2. The old Heirlooms will Work till 85 then aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc0f4b7c4548; 2012-12-23 at 01:57 PM.

a little bit off topic
    but i think my "leveling time" in cata content is damn fast almost feel like i stay in 1 wrath zone
    and with heirloom maybe only hyjai will lead to 85
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

- The FFXIV Community. (and some of "legacy" player)

I think they should lower the costs of heirlooms, now that they center the game around alts so much. If they can't make it truly account-bound, that is. I just think it's annoying that whenever I start on a new server that I need to buy all the heirlooms again, when I have all of them on a different server. And no, I don't want to pay for server transfer anymore just to make one of my characters I've leveled up, to act like a transport for heirlooms. They should really think this out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    The Fist weapon is already in the Game. You need to be in the Brawlers Guild to get it. We will get 2 Shields an Off-Hand and a new PvP-Trinket in 5.2. The old Heirlooms will Work till 85 then aswell.
    Source for old heirlooms being upgraded?

Quote Originally Posted by doraymon View Post
    a little bit off topic
    but i think my "leveling time" in cata content is damn fast almost feel like i stay in 1 wrath zone
    and with heirloom maybe only hyjai will lead to 85
    Not a bad thing though, it merely means that all the new stuff for just 5 levels simply isn't worth it. If it were till 90 (totaly should be) it might be different.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    the reason the bonus on heirlooms does not and will not extend to level 90, is the same reason they stopped them at 80 back in Cata. They do not want people blazing thru current content THAT fast-- since I'd assume that most would be using full heirloom sets + guild perk xp bonus etc. They only lift that restriction, like they are planning for 5.2, when its sufficiently considered 'outdated levelling' content.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    They are new items are they not? If they were just upgrading the old ones, they would just change the existing items. You will most likely have to buy the new ones or possibly there will be some kind of a gold/JP upgrade cost kind of thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    the reason the bonus on heirlooms does not and will not extend to level 90, is the same reason they stopped them at 80 back in Cata. They do not want people blazing thru current content THAT fast-- since I'd assume that most would be using full heirloom sets + guild perk xp bonus etc. They only lift that restriction, like they are planning for 5.2, when its sufficiently considered 'outdated levelling' content.
    I have to call BS on that one, there were two heirlooms introduced at the start of cate that went from 80-85. With those alongside the guild bonus it was possible to get 25% and that was a good thing.

Deleted
    heirloom cost is a bit too high. In wrath ye could get an heirloom with just a few heroics ran. as opposed to several days worth

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to create a second thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-new-heirlooms