Thread: Dire Horns

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Willing to bet dire horns are the triceratops style mobs we've seen all over the place.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94228-rei...rdial-direhorn
    We're past the point where there's any need to guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Willing to bet dire horns are the triceratops style mobs we've seen all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94228-rei...rdial-direhorn
    We're past the point where there's any need to guess
    Some on the PTR tamed one also. Looks to be coming form this book http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94232-anc...elated:teaches and it gets you this http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/138430-a...lari-knowledge

Triceratops, yet all the mounts say: "Amber Primordial Direhorn (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Great Red Dragon Turtle."
    Fix the tooltips, blizz .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Some on the PTR tamed one also. Looks to be coming form this book http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94232-anc...elated:teaches and it gets you this http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/138430-a...lari-knowledge
    Any idea where the book's coming from?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    where can i see pictures of the new mounts/pets ?

Deleted
    It gives mass spell reflect by the looks of things, might be nice for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Any idea where the book's coming from?
    Sadly I do not. However when I do find info I will post it here.

Deleted
    I've loved Dinosaurs since I was little, so a Triceratops pet would be freaking AMAZING

-Rex the Devilsaur
    -Rapper the Raptor
    -Dill the Dire Horn
    -Steve the Snake
    -I can has Pterodactyl pet?

Please please please let it be a triceratops! I would love to mash stampede, have my raptor, T-Rex, Triceratops, Gator, and Snake rush someone! Talk about a prehistoric rush!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurpdurp View Post
    Please please please let it be a triceratops! I would love to mash stampede, have my raptor, T-Rex, Triceratops, Gator, and Snake rush someone! Talk about a prehistoric rush!
    It is. When you try and tame them without the book, you get a specific "You do knot know how to tame Direhorns yet" message. Its definitely them (With some pretty impressive color schemes too I might add.)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

A whole questline, eh? Well, unless it's sparkly or going to give me a handy buff I'll need for my raid...I won't be in a hurry to tame this. My stable's full anyway.

Please Blizzard, PLEASE, make this whole 'learn ancient troll knowledge' not just for taming a pet, but let Hunters finally have a Class mount! '-'

I would love if we could have a T-Rex mount as a Hunter-only mount..

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Triceratops, yet all the mounts say: "Amber Primordial Direhorn (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Great Red Dragon Turtle."
    Fix the tooltips, blizz .
    The Primal Raptor says the same turtle thing. PTR is still new so they'll fix the bug eventually.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Please, please, please don't let the [Ancient Tome of Dinomancy] be a Black Market Auction House item... I was really hoping to get at least a short class quest out of this whole Dire Horns thing. Though I'm not that excited at all about mass spell reflect on a pet.

If you weren't already thinking about this depressing possibility, I'm sorry for bringing it up.

Why push us to learn how to tame them via a quest? I don't get it :/

Sure, some people are 'yay triceratops', but I'm more 'another pet eh'.

They'll probably tie some ludicrous power increase or necessary raid buff to it to force everyone to get it though, so I may as well accept that I'm going to own one.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    Why push us to learn how to tame them via a quest? I don't get it :/

Sure, some people are 'yay triceratops', but I'm more 'another pet eh'.

They'll probably tie some ludicrous power increase or necessary raid buff to it to force everyone to get it though, so I may as well accept that I'm going to own one.
    People complaining about class-specific questlines...

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    People complaining about class-specific questlines...

Seriously?
    They provide nothing of value to me? Or did you just want to make a witty retort?

I hope above hopes it's a class quest. I'd be seriously bummed if it just drops from trash in the raid.

And gulder? You need to calm down. New OPTIONAL content is not a bad thing, and no one is forcing you to do anything. Besides, it looks like the family skill is going to be some kind of spell reflect, hardly the type of thing a raid leader is going to require you to bring. If you're not excited about tameable triceratops, don't tame one, but don't act like this is some kind of inconvenience to you either.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    I hope above hopes it's a class quest. I'd be seriously bummed if it just drops from trash in the raid.

And gulder? You need to calm down. New OPTIONAL content is not a bad thing, and no one is forcing you to do anything. Besides, it looks like the family skill is going to be some kind of spell reflect, hardly the type of thing a raid leader is going to require you to bring. If you're not excited about tameable triceratops, don't tame one, but don't act like this is some kind of inconvenience to you either.
    I'm calm. I'm not upset that the content exists, I was just wondering why they were turning the act of taming a new pet, something we've done every expansion and mini patch into something that needed a class quest behind it. I'd rather they do something else with a class quest if we do have one. And if they do include a quest of this kind, there will definitely be some reason for everyone to want to do it, regardless of their affinity for the pet itself.

Please don't misconstrue my mild irritation as annoyance or frustration because somebody else decided to be a smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    I'm calm. I'm not upset that the content exists, I was just wondering why they were turning the act of taming a new pet, something we've done every expansion and mini patch into something that needed a class quest behind it. I'd rather they do something else with a class quest if we do have one. And if they do include a quest of this kind, there will definitely be some reason for everyone to want to do it, regardless of their affinity for the pet itself.

Please don't misconstrue my mild irritation as annoyance or frustration because somebody else decided to be a smartass.
    What class did you play back when paladins had to do a huge quest line to get their charger or a lock had to for their demons?

Even if it is a quest line it would be nice to see some hunter only stuff imo.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart