Questing with friends on different classes

Hello all of mmo champ! Finally made an account just to ask you guys something about gw2.

I am sure we all remember getting on a new character with friends on WoW and leveling together virtually problem free other than the occasional side quest. My friend and I made the same race but different classes as our first run through on guildwars two. I can't remember the race name but basically there are a bunch of festivities going on, and the first few quests involve doing things like talking to spirit eagles and such.

Back on topic: Due to us having different classes, our quest line has been noticibley different. My buddy says that these quests (the ones with the green star) are the ones that determine your story and is the major quest line of the game. When I enter the quest instance he can join, but is doing pointless objectives that do not even relate to him. If we want to play all aspects of the game together, or at least have the same quests, will we be forced to make the same class? Because we did infact make two necromancers and so far everything has been okay. It Is just boring that we have the same skills/weapons :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Classes shouldn't matter, it's determined by the choices you make at character selection, IIRC.

Ultimately though, all the storylines converge into the same thing around level 50 - even for different races, choices and Orders.
    Kinda true...

All the stories begin with your choices in character selection, you then have a section (20-30) that is the same for your race, however it changes per person of your race based on what orders you're Side with, then from 30-40 you are working with your order (pretty much the same for everyone who picked that order) 40-50 you work with a lesser race that you choose based on your race (there's 3 choices) then at 50 they all converge at one part before branching out again, at 50 it branches out depending on A choice of 2 depending on what order you had sided with, at 60 you do a bunch of quests dependent on another choice, and then everyone converges again at 72ish BUT there is an option between 2 things for like every quest making it varied by quite a lot before converging again on the ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

You can ask some of your friend, maybe you can form a team, and you can act what they need and get to know what is suit for you.

yeah your first quests 1-20 is based on options in the creation it sound as though you selected norn, from 20-30 you each have to select your order it is here that you will want to decide together what order to join, and after selecting an order you can both go in on the same story lines, however I suggest that even if you are both in the same order that the options you get with in that order be different. You would have no troubles relating in both story lines and you could explore more of the options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_Story
    You need to be of the same race/class and in the same order inorder to advance through the entire PS simultaniously.

(I didn't even think it was possible to do PS and both advance, so I learned something new )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_Story
    You need to be of the same race/class and in the same order inorder to advance through the entire PS simultaniously.

(I didn't even think it was possible to do PS and both advance, so I learned something new )
    I know me and Glytch have been going through our personal stories (we picked something different for like every one) and i gotta say, we are moving a long a lot better than you do on your own. Like instead of the whole "Oh now go spend 2 hours leveling up before doing the next thing!" we pretty much just bounce from PS point.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

My brother and I have been boosting toons through PS with our lvl 80s just helping out lower lvls. But I rmmbr helping him when I was only a couple of lvls higher on my first (and his first) toons and it being so much easier/less troublesome/faster.