Honestly, I'll just be happy if it's sandbox, is more like the old EQ world, and reinforces grouping and socialization more than other mmos outside of instances/raids. It's an mmo I play to be with other people. If I wanted to quest and be alone I'd go play Skyrim/The Witcher II or something.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

This rap is absolutely painful to listen to...

15+ Year Old Account
    I had to stop watching, the music was killer - and then after a game of LoL I came back and they had Brasse the dwarf making silly jokes - and then cut to talking about EverQuest: Online Adventures - which nobody cared about even when it came out.

Still excited for tomorrow
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Name one sandbox MMO.

Because, right now - the only ones I can honestly think of are EVE and Ultima Online, and I'm honestly not so sure about EVE as I've only seen images/read about it.
    Mortal, Eve, UO, Fallen Earth, Age of Wushu, Archeage, C9, Vanguard, Ryzom, Darkfall, Perpetuum, Anarchy, Xyson, Wurm and Entropia. All are still active. More than half are still receiving active live development.

- - - Updated - - -

New EQ theme music is epic...

Indeed. Even in its shitty quality it sounds awesome. I'm kinda sad I've never watched/been to one of these before. Kinda want to go to the next one since it will be in the Winter : )

LOL the raffle is awesome. Where is the dwarf lady? XD

I want to watch, but unfortunately I cannot do videos here.

I did find, "Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) have revealed that the music for EverQuest Next will be composed by Jeremy Soule, the man behind the soundtrack for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim."

If anyone finds a link to the music post it plzzzz. I want to hear tomorrow when I'm somewhere less irritating.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

....I should NOT be seeing robes on character in the original EverQuest engine that are better than WoW's robes.

The graphics they're showing for original EQ are damn impressive for its age. They've updated it more than I realized.

I liked it as a piece, but would like to hear some nods to the classic theme mixed into it.

God I hope they do this right.

For YEAAARS, there's been a large subset of the MMORPG market that absolutely no one has been catering to. If they truly hold true to the things that made EQ a great, hardcore, life-enveloping experience, they'll have no problem getting and keeping a reasonable amount of subs for years. I've pretty much quit all MMORPGs, since everything is just like WoW, but I'm ready to spend several thousand on a new gaming rig JUST for this game, if they do it right.

Please, please, please god. Let this be the game that us hardcore MMORPG players can have. Let it take 300+ hours of game-play to hit max level. Let the death penalty and random mob difficulty actually force you to respect the game world again. Let it be so that you must forge bonds, friendships and communities once you're a certain level - not just at level cap - in order to progress.

Please, Everquest Next, bring back the true MMORPG genre! These hello-kitty MMOS have tainted what was once a truly epic grene of gaming. It's time to take it back.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-08-02 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalang View Post
    Honestly, I'll just be happy if it's sandbox, is more like the old EQ world, and reinforces grouping and socialization more than other mmos outside of instances/raids. It's an mmo I play to be with other people. If I wanted to quest and be alone I'd go play Skyrim/The Witcher II or something.
    Indeed. Here is hoping for a well made sandbox.

If it's a another themepark game with raiding...I'll pass.

Jeremy Soule composing the music is a plus though.

EQNext is already confirmed as a sandbox MMO. It's not even speculation or a maybe- it is.

Will also have raiding because it is still flippin' Everquest, guys.

Also, also.

Last edited by Fencers; 2013-08-02 at 05:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never touched EQ but..if it's any grindy as the original. ....I think I'll stay away.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post

For YEAAARS, there's been a large subset of the MMORPG market that absolutely no one has been catering to. If they truly hold true to the things that made EQ a great, hardcore, life-enveloping experience, they'll have no problem getting and keeping a reasonable amount of subs for years. I've pretty much quit all MMORPGs, since everything is just like WoW, but I'm ready to spend several thousand on a new gaming rig JUST for this game, if they do it right.

Please, please, please god. Let this be the game that us hardcore MMORPG players can have. Let it take 300+ hours of game-play to hit max level. Let the death penalty and random mob difficulty actually force you to respect the game world again. Let it be so that you must forge bonds, friendships and communities once you're a certain level - not just at level cap - in order to progress.

Please, Everquest Next, bring back the true MMORPG genre! These hello-kitty MMOS have tainted what was once a truly epic grene of gaming. It's time to take it back.
    I just don't think that will ever happen again because, although you are 100% correct and very intelligent, most people do not agree with you and want to be the biggest and strongest on day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    EQNext is already confirmed as a sandbox MMO. It's not even speculation or a maybe- it is.

Will also have raiding because it is still flippin' Everquest, guys.

Also, also.

[video=youtube_share;4zzgrFFnavY]http://youtu.be/4zzgrFFnavY[video]
    Heeey a theme from a western game that doesn't try to be EPIC.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post

I agree with all that. I'm hoping EQ:N is hardcore. Especially when it comes to character progression. IMO it should be almost impossible to max out your character. Gear progression at endgame as the only form of advancement is very boring to me. (And something I hope WoW addresses in the next X-pack)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I just don't think that will ever happen again because, although you are 100% correct and very intelligent, most people do not agree with you and want to be the biggest and strongest on day 1.
    He sounds nostalgic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Never touched EQ but..if it's any grindy as the original. ....I think I'll stay away.

You didn't play EQ for the grind though. EQ was a social game in the purest sense. You logged on found a group in a camp say around karnors castle, and played for hours just talking and having a blast.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"