Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That doesn't mean developers view all complaints equally. Even if they might be very important to you, players.
    could you imagine the horrid sort of game that would arise if developers treated all complaints equally ?

"Sorry we havent been able to fix the random server wipe issue, we've had to put a lot of effort into solving that elven ears issue. we thought we'd fixed it last week by fully animating them, but apparently some players preferred the old ears, so we're working on a resolution."

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought it :3
    Last edited by Medusa Cascade; 2014-05-12 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    So the game is out on steam, and I would prefer a steam key. This is the most awkward issue I've ever had, because I was told via CS that steam keys would not be provided for those people who bought founders pack outside of steam.

I can't get the steam UI to work on the actual game (I think an issue with the launcher), and I far prefer both the steam UI, and to have the game part of my steam collection.. so CS are issuing me a paypal refund, so that I can buy it on steam if I want a steam key, which is a bit awkward because for some reason, the tier that I had purchased was £37.99 direct, but is £44.99 on steam (for exactly the same thing). Or I can buy the £14.99 version, since I only paid for the higher tier for the earlier access.

So because they can't issue a steam key, and then because steam for some reason is 20% more than buying direct, the devs will actually lose a chunk of money from me which seems a bit silly but that's the solution customer service have offered me.

If you want it on steam you could just wait until it's out of beta/EA/whatever they are calling it since it will be a free game

With the Everquest Next: Landmark Thread this one will be only about the RPG? Because I'm missing new informations about that. Will it have raids, what raidstyle, will it be sandbox or themepark? If Themepark will it follow holy trinity like WoW or will it be more like Guild Wars 2? How will the quest system work? All that stuff that is no related to Landmark.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

This is the only MMO where I feel it might actually be worth playing. Other than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Will it have raids, what raidstyle, will it be sandbox or themepark? If Themepark will it follow holy trinity like WoW or will it be more like Guild Wars 2? How will the quest system work? All that stuff that is no related to Landmark.
    No instanced raids. Open world "raids".

Sandbox. No holy trinity, "soft" roles. Not as soft as GW2 though.

Quest system is basic ?/! with some dynamic event type stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could new information regarding EQ:N possibly go any slower? I get suspenseful anticipation, but leaving your fans in the dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Could new information regarding EQ:N possibly go any slower? I get suspenseful anticipation, but leaving your fans in the dark?
    Check the round table discussions they have. The most recent one was more about Landmark, but there were some good tidbits of information about EQN. It just makes more sense to talk more about Landmark given that it's significantly further along than EQN is and will be out well before EQN. They don't want to talk too much about EQN this early on, especially when they're trying to drive players to Landmark at the moment.

Some good news for us Europeans!

http://eq2wire.com/2014/06/18/soe-di...home-july-1st/

To our EU players,

We constantly review community feedback via all channels and want to thank you for your ongoing dialog. We wanted to let you know that Sony Online Entertainment and ProSiebenSat1. Games have jointly decided to migrate all PSG accounts for PlanetSide 2, DC Universe Online and EverQuest II back to SOE in the near future. Please take a moment to read the FAQ, and watch for updates as we iron out the details of the process!

CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ & DISCUSSION THREAD!

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Yeah, I have some Euro friends who are thrilled by this. PSS1 is such a shitty publisher, happy that SoE is reversing their stupid decision to switch to them as the Euro publisher.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats good news for my guildies who are waiting on EQN. I kinda had hope SOE would show a bit of EQN on E3. But I guess that was a bit too early..
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

Deleted
    When is the last item/resource reset? I stopped playing this game a couple of days after alpha was released because I did not want to get bored of it before all the cool stuff was added.

I dont particularly care for claim resets but I do not want to start playing the game again before I can be sure that I wont have to gather all the resources multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    When is the last item/resource reset? I stopped playing this game a couple of days after alpha was released because I did not want to get bored of it before all the cool stuff was added.

I dont particularly care for claim resets but I do not want to start playing the game again before I can be sure that I wont have to gather all the resources multiple times.
    They don't know, originally there weren't supposed to be any more resource wipes after they launched closed beta, right now the word is "we will try to avoid it but no promises". So you can't be sure until the game is in open beta/launch.

Personally I don't see a big reason to wipe resources unless they really have to, but they may do it anyway just to force people through the game as it was intended, layered resources, caves etc.

Settler's Pack is 15% off on Steam by the way, lasts until June 30. With the way SOE handles the current translation on their site, you might find this to be a good deal.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Anyone seen anywhere if they are going to start beta on EQ Next anytime soon? Seems like news has dried up a bit on this game and it would be great to hear if they have testing planned.

Beta is probably way off I would guess. Landmark seems to be the focus first. I expect that once Landmark is off and running officially we will see more information on EQN's alpha->beta->release timeline.

Though considering Landmark is still a ways from release I think EQN beta is not anytime soon.

Landmark Beta Keys:

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/552

As of this post, there are 9568 keys left.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Anyone seen anywhere if they are going to start beta on EQ Next anytime soon? Seems like news has dried up a bit on this game and it would be great to hear if they have testing planned.
    SOE Live is being held in Las Vegas from August 14-17. There will be news about all of SOE's games, including significant news about Everquest Next. Most of the important keynotes will be live-streamed beginning Friday, August 15 (probably at twitch.tv/soe) including the main EQN keynote, and the EQN class panel, to name a couple. If you want to view the entire schedule, you can check it out here.

Most of the systems for EQN will be implemented somehow in Landmark first for testing purposes. We've been told that Landmark will start to become more than just a building game and begin to be a testing ground for major systems like early combat and stuff from EQN following SOE Live. We won't know more until they reveal things at the keynotes, etc.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

15+ Year Old Account
    SOE is about to go live with the EQ:N keynote speech and all. Check it out on www.twitch.tv/soe
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |