10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Heeey a theme from a western game that doesn't try to be EPIC.
    Reminds me of some of vanilla wow a bit...Gods do i miss their old music guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    You didn't play EQ for the grind though. EQ was a social game in the purest sense. You logged on found a group in a camp say around karnors castle, and played for hours just talking and having a blast.
    Thats a big problem with people now though. They just want to hop in kill stuff and hop out it seems.

I agree with you though. EQ was some of my most fun times playing MMO's due to the social aspect.

Can you imagine how many "new"/baby MMO players would have their minds blown by the fact there was like no AH or store in EQ. Just had to hang out/chat in East Commons or whatever selling your shitty white gear for goddamn hours.

You had to play this game with a notepad and draft paper. This was real MMOing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Can you imagine how many "new"/baby MMO players would have their minds blown by the fact there was like no AH or store in EQ. Just had to hang out/chat in East Commons or whatever selling your shitty white gear for goddamn hours.

Haha they did sort of change that though. The bazaar was put in in luclin.

I'm split on the issue of wether or not they should have an AH
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I miss when games came with a "Notes" section at the back of the instruction manual : (

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Haha they did sort of change that though. The bazaar was put in in luclin.
    The bazaar was more like a personal store though. It did allow you to sort of "browse". But if someone wasn't selling the leather jerkin you needed or materials, well tough shit.

Everything about EQ was designed to encourage players to rely on each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over the last few years, I've seen a resurgence in smaller games of players who really LIKE to play and converse, instead of focusing solely on progression. Hell, I'm even seeing it in games like Borderlands 2 now (I know! That's so weird).

Of course the in-n-out mentality exists... it always will, but it's up to us to take back our ability to enjoy games in defiance of that instant gratification behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I miss when games came with a "Notes" section at the back of the instruction manual : (
    Nowadays no one even reads the thing.

UO was the superior mmo but I digress

happy to see it will be a sandbox

Games don't even come with one anymore : (

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

happy to see it will be a sandbox
    Get out sir. You're wrong and you should feel bad for that assertion.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

It wasn't. Technologically and design wise, UO was cruder.

Never played EQ1, but EQ2 had some of the greatest raid encounters of any MMO. Djinn Master, Chel Drak, Direvine Matron. All amazing. Raided hardcore in an Avatar killing guild during EoF/RoK and must say that EQ2's raiding shit on anything I've done in WoW.

Very excited for this announcement.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS! Always been a major fan of SOE and their work, EQ1 is the god of MMO's and EQ2 was amazing as well, just didn't have a good launch and people needed a real computer to play it.
    Last edited by Jabrood; 2013-08-02 at 07:19 AM.

Or how in AC there were no trade windows? Who you dealt with, and your rep mattered. Even deciding where to park your mule was important

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I miss instruction manuals ESPECIALLY the cool ones like OoT had or the original Pokemon one..Now THOSE had class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its hard to read it when they send none

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I miss instruction manuals ESPECIALLY the cool ones like OoT had or the original Pokemon one..Now THOSE had class.
    Indeed they did, the manual to Pokemon Firered was one of the most extensive ones i ever seen of any game.
    Last edited by zealo; 2013-08-02 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    God I hope they do this right.

For YEAAARS, there's been a large subset of the MMORPG market that absolutely no one has been catering to. If they truly hold true to the things that made EQ a great, hardcore, life-enveloping experience, they'll have no problem getting and keeping a reasonable amount of subs for years. I've pretty much quit all MMORPGs, since everything is just like WoW, but I'm ready to spend several thousand on a new gaming rig JUST for this game, if they do it right.

Please, please, please god. Let this be the game that us hardcore MMORPG players can have. Let it take 300+ hours of game-play to hit max level. Let the death penalty and random mob difficulty actually force you to respect the game world again. Let it be so that you must forge bonds, friendships and communities once you're a certain level - not just at level cap - in order to progress.

Please, Everquest Next, bring back the true MMORPG genre! These hello-kitty MMOS have tainted what was once a truly epic grene of gaming. It's time to take it back.
    That brought a tear to my eye...

Indeed. Here is hoping for a well made sandbox.

If it's a another themepark game with raiding...I'll pass.

Jeremy Soule composing the music is a plus though.
    Why would you NOT want raiding? For me its the reason i play these games. I miss the old school eq raids.

In UO players set up their own auction houses where they'd invite folks into their large house and auction off items with chat messages. And then the winning bidder would hand over their money and get the item. Not sure if they got the item there and then or if there was a secondary process of contact/exchanging money etc as i'm not sure you could directly trade in UO or if you had to place items on the ground.