Anyone here who paid money to SOE for Landmark/EQ Next?

Ok can someone clue me in on a few things?

Is SOE"Now Daybreak gaming" just gutting what is left of the SoE games and is Everquest Next dead in the water. When it was showed awhile back I had hope for ENQ even more so when it hits Ps4.

But now just a few posts into the last couple pages has me depressed. Is it starting to look like EQN won't happen and the rest is slowly being drained?

Forgive me but I don't have all my info up to date since the buyout.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Is SOE"Now Daybreak gaming" just gutting what is left of the SoE games and is Everquest Next dead in the water. When it was showed awhile back I had hope for ENQ even more so when it hits Ps4.

But now just a few posts into the last couple pages has me depressed. Is it starting to look like EQN won't happen and the rest is slowly being drained?

For me, it is dead in the water the whole total lack of GM support has surely killed it for me
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Only thing i was interested was the Landmark part - intead of playing an MMO, why not build something for it? I actually had done drawings and concepts for a dungeon that consisted in 3 episodes (call it wings, but they were actually 3 distinct ones).

Hell, i even did write a storyline for quests to do in there so there was actuallya reason to play it other than just explore.

Sad to hear that the entire thing is just going to die.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It's officially still in development, but general morale and expectations are dropping regarding if we'll actually see it before Daybreak is fully gutted and sold off. It's speculation based on what's happened so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Yeah :/
    I bought the middle tie (Settler I think) for Landmark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Sad to hear that the entire thing is just going to die.
    Except it's not?

There's no indication that these projects will be closed down or abandoned. There have definitely been cuts and they're definitely shifting priorities around, but there's no reason to think that Landmark/EQN would be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except it's not?

There's no indication that these projects will be closed down or abandoned. There have definitely been cuts and they're definitely shifting priorities around, but there's no reason to think that Landmark/EQN would be killed.
    I wish I had your optimism. I think that even if EQN is released it will be very far of something good. Just a quick cashgrab. Anyway, back to waiting and observing
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Except it's not?

Ya but with the way things are going its just going to be MMO #34243 and forgotten a week later.

With all these cuts there is no way its going to be anywhere near what they wanted it to be. Hell I think there only saving grace is Planetside 2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I did, and I didnt even play it lol... my PC couldnt run the voxel world of Landmark, so I decided to buy a pack to support the dev, and play the game once I get a new pc. Hope I'll have the chance to try it..

Hell I think there only saving grace is Planetside 2.
    Well, I have more bad news on that front : /

http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/11/pl...arts-daybreak/

10+ Year Old Account
    Did, the normal $20 one. I didn't need to pay to actually play around in beta actually but I felt like it's worth it to support.
    I can't really get myself to be optimistic though.

Except it's not?

As others said i'm not much into optimism because of current state of the project.
    However, if it manages to see the light i'd definitely play landmark.My biggest hope is to create a sort of development group for EQN.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

They really need to have some positive news. They have to see that all of this negativity is affecting the morale of everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    As others said i'm not much into optimism because of current state of the project.
    However, if it manages to see the light i'd definitely play landmark.My biggest hope is to create a sort of development group for EQN.
    Oh, I'm not terribly optimistic, either.

I think the game will definitely come out, it just may be dramatically scaled down (storybricks being entirely removed, for example) compared to original vision that they've presented since the "official" reveal a few years back.

The Storybricks aspect was what interested me most. I'm expecting EQN to be standard "mobs stand at their spawn point" now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, Faroth, I agree - that part is definitely what hurts me most. I feel we NEEDED EQ Next to help progress the MMO genre as a whole - hopefully, it picks itself back up, or someone else takes these ideas and runs with it.

FFS....

At this hope I got no hope for anything SoE (Daybreak Games) dose. I want to give H1Z1 a try but as far as we know it will shutdown before it go's into release mode. They should just openly admit they are gutting all of the company and going to have it run on life support because thats what its looking like now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Yea, Faroth, I agree - that part is definitely what hurts me most. I feel we NEEDED EQ Next to help progress the MMO genre as a whole - hopefully, it picks itself back up, or someone else takes these ideas and runs with it.
    I 100% agree. I was really looking forward to EQN and playing it on my PS4 because while it advance's the MMO genre it also pushs MMO's on console to another level.

Edit: As it stands to me ENQ is dead in the water and so is anything else that isn't in full release.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-03-11 at 07:39 PM.

http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/13/ev...ussion-forums/

Aaaannnnddddd there go the general discussion and lore forums.

Seriously, they have to actively be trying to drive everyone away by now.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    An appropriate comment from Massively's article on the new forum closures:
    "Knock knock". Who is there? "Day Break Games". I'll pack my stuff
    BAD WOLF