Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hope EQNext won't go the road of EverQuest 2. Main factor which made EQ2 less popular than WoW (they were both released less or more same time), is that EQ2 was much more system demanding. MMO should be accessible in what concerns hardware demands.
    If EQN has encumbrance and weight limitations, I'm never going to play it. I almost nothing I hate more than that. Almost nothing.
    Doubtfully it will have it and if it will have it, it will be done generously (not like in UO or games where it was implemented). I can't actually remember encumbrance/weight limitation in any game after UO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I hope EQNext won't go the road of EverQuest 2. Main factor which made EQ2 less popular than WoW (they were both released less or more same time), is that EQ2 was much more system demanding. MMO should be accessible in what concerns hardware demands.
    EQ next will run on the same engine as Planetside 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A game that runs pretty poorly on a lot of setups : /

Well, it doesn't tell me much. Though I just googled Planetside 2 for system requirements, they don't look that high.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 02:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Oh, this doesn't sound good.

I am sure there will be some optimization in the many months/year to release.

PC gaming, bros.

I am sure there will be some optimization in the many months/year to release.

PC gaming, bros.
    We can only hope. We all know how well TSW (which uses the same engine as AoC) ran and still runs : /

We can only hope. We all know how well TSW (which uses the same engine as AoC) ran and still runs : /
    Touché, EdgecrusherO0. Touché.

Although I don't have any issue with Planetside 2. /anecdotal

Deleted
    I would kill to play a well made sandbox MMO again, but
    - Smedley, the godfather of 80 man raids,
    - SOE with their inept handling of SWG and EQ2,
    - "partnering" with Nvidia which means the game will initially run like crap on the 40%+ of gamers PCs who use AMD
    are too many big warning signs to ignore.
    Last edited by mmocabce60bc47; 2012-12-28 at 12:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been lunging for a real sandbox MMO. Really anticipating this, looking forward to more information.

Deleted
    If EQN has encumbrance and weight limitations, I'm never going to play it. I almost nothing I hate more than that. Almost nothing.
    I dont understand this statement. Almost all RPGs have some sort of encumbrance, in WoW rather than weight we have limited bag space, weight limitations just makes it seem more realistic like it makes you walk very slowly if you pick up too many items. In WoW you just get a red message on your screen saying that your bags are full.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I dont understand this statement. Almost all RPGs have some sort of encumbrance, in WoW rather than weight we have limited bag space, weight limitations just makes it seem more realistic like it makes you walk very slowly if you pick up too many items. In WoW you just get a red message on your screen saying that your bags are full.
    I remember there was a penalty for monks in EQ where they had to remain under a certain weight or else they started losing AC. In the early days there were also weight reduction bags, but those were ridiculously hard to get and rare. Also, you could have full buffs and be able to carry around the stuff in your bags, but once certain buffs wore off, you were encumbered and depending on severely overweight you were, it was very noticible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    I remember there was a penalty for monks in EQ where they had to remain under a certain weight or else they started losing AC. In the early days there were also weight reduction bags, but those were ridiculously hard to get and rare. Also, you could have full buffs and be able to carry around the stuff in your bags, but once certain buffs wore off, you were encumbered and depending on severely overweight you were, it was very noticible.
    I can understand how having buffs would screw with the system and I certianly hope buffs like this wont exist. However I would prefer a simple weight limitation system preferably like in Demons Souls in the way that both equipped items and unequipped items affect your character.

Bag systems like in WoW, D3 and the other billion RPGs out there feels dumb in my opinion, you still have a "cap" to items you can have in your bags but even something as small as a key will take up one bag slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more of the line of if you carry of a heavy weapon, suddenly you're overweight and can't do anything. Not really a slot per slot thing. I think it's fine for offline singleplayer RPGs. However for MMOs I think there should be more leniency. I don't like the idea of people having like 10 sets of gear with no penalty, but at the same time I don't want to pick up a worthless vendor item and sit there like a brick. (I hate you STALKER... you did this to me. ).
    Spec requirement is way too high.

Deleted
    I have no issues with it and my PC is a 2010 mid tier one with hardware. Very strange as my stuff is hardly top tier and it starts getting old as well.

Would love to play this game.. but lately games start spewing "Innovative" features (Mists, GW2, SWTOR etc) and they all end up failing on being innovative and good.

I really hope they take the features that worked well in the first Everquest games and build from there.. THat is what people want, not a complete new gamestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Would love to play this game.. but lately games start spewing "Innovative" features (Mists, GW2, SWTOR etc) and they all end up failing on being innovative and good.

I really hope they take the features that worked well in the first Everquest games and build from there.. THat is what people want, not a complete new gamestyle.
    Actually I think by in large people want a new style not the redundant carousel we see in wow, swtor, gw2 and every other themepark. This game will be a sandbox meaning it has no rails to restrict you. I think many gamers that see themepark Mmorpg's as the be all end all will not like this game and that's a good thing because if SoE focus on the players that want this style it will grow not suffer the rapid declines of virtually every major title released in the past 5 or so years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    I would kill to play a well made sandbox MMO again, but
    - Smedley, the godfather of 80 man raids,
    Those 2 statements seem contradict each other. I would have thought that someone who enjoys sandbox style games would love to see 80 or even 800 man raid

I can understand how having buffs would screw with the system and I certianly hope buffs like this wont exist. However I would prefer a simple weight limitation system preferably like in Demons Souls in the way that both equipped items and unequipped items affect your character.
    Having your carried stuff cause encumbrance is annoying, but your worn equipment should have an effect on your fighting capabilities. After Asheron's Call I haven't seen an MMO where heavy armour causes more fatigue than light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
    Those 2 statements seem contradict each other. I would have thought that someone who enjoys sandbox style games would love to see 80 or even 800 man raid
    I get your drift. Let me clarify. I like it when I can chose to bring 799 friends to do x or 799 people around happen to do x. I hate it and will never pay one cent for content that forces me to bring 799 friends.

I hope that this game sticks with being sandbox and doesn't try to be anything else.

From what I have read about it, it seems like it will be fun. And I hope that it will work better on my computer than Planetside 2 does (everything on lowest, and changed size to lowest possible (instead of 1920x1080), and I get 2 fps. So I stopped trying as I didn't want to be even more of a detriment to those around me than my horrible FPS game "skills" would do.