The AI was the main thing that I've been looking forward to seeing if it can meet their claims. If it does, so much <3

If anyone has played "the mighty quest for loot", I imagine it will be a very advanced version of that.

And attacking one another's keep will be action combat rather than arpg top down... and 20 man :P
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Really hope this is the mmo for me. No levels, no stats on gear, complete exploration, 40 classes being included in the game opens up a diverse and hopefully unique playerbase compared to other mmo's out there, dynamic questing style and judging by the preview of what's been built in Landmark they might allow and review what player's have created, be it a raid dungeon , player home or some other mini game and include it in the main game. Sounds so good : D

Quote Originally Posted by Beats Per Minute View Post
    Really hope this is the mmo for me. No levels, no stats on gear, complete exploration, 40 classes being included in the game opens up a diverse and hopefully unique playerbase compared to other mmo's out there, dynamic questing style and judging by the preview of what's been built in Landmark they might allow and review what player's have created, be it a raid dungeon , player home or some other mini game and include it in the main game. Sounds so good : D
    While I do agree with this, I don't forsee the whole 40 class thing even being valid once the game launches. Once people have the cookie cutter 'best' builds figured out you will see everyone running the same 5-6 classes/builds. Hoping that all classes would be viable but I highly doubt it. Balancing is difficult for most companies even with only 10 classes.

I really hope that they start to focus more on EQ Next rather than Landmark. There has been so little information in the past 6 months that it seems like Landmark is the only thing being touched. Now with the company being sold it's even more of a concern

I'd love it if the AI was as configurable as Dragon Age 1&2 tactics (and advanced tactics mod).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Looks like this game is dead, folks:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...georgeson.aspx
    Did you read the article?

The guy got fired and will be replaced.

It's not like he was the only person on the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Did you read the article?

The guy got fired and will be replaced.

It's not like he was the only person on the project.
    They cut way more than just him.

They cut way more than just him.
    I don't think you understand how this works.

When you fire a major player, you have to remove his loyal underlings too.
    Otherwise they sit around whining about how things were "so much better" under a guy who wasn't making the company money.

So yeah, they fired a bunch of people so they could hire new people.
    That's what the article means when the quote this, "“This alignment of resources better positions the newly independent studio for future growth opportunities and developments, including delivering on its legacy of making top online games and establishing a solid foundation for future multi-platform success. These reductions will not affect the operation of current games and the company will continue on its mission to partner with its player community to drive the future and push the boundaries of online gaming.”

It's pretty standard when restructuring.

I don't think you understand how this works.

When you fire a major player, you have to remove his loyal underlings too.
    Otherwise they sit around whining about how things were "so much better" under a guy who wasn't making the company money.

So yeah, they fired a bunch of people so they could hire new people.
    That's what the article means when the quote this, "“This alignment of resources better positions the newly independent studio for future growth opportunities and developments, including delivering on its legacy of making top online games and establishing a solid foundation for future multi-platform success. These reductions will not affect the operation of current games and the company will continue on its mission to partner with its player community to drive the future and push the boundaries of online gaming.”

It's pretty standard when restructuring.
    Doesn't look good for the future of EQN.

Doesn't look good for the future of EQN.
    You are going to have to support that with something resembling an argument.

I understand the pessimism, even if it's just an emotional response based on nothing but speculation.

To be honest, just being bought by an investment firm makes me leery.
    That they're doing sweeping layoffs 1 week later?

I'd be nervous too. It's not the first time a game would be rushed to release because development was taking too long and not bringing in profits. EQN could turn into Vanguard all over again.

I really hope it doesn't. I also really hope EQ servers don't get shut down because they aren't raking in cash. The day original EQ shuts down will be a sad day for me, whenever it is.

And if you're going to claim they have to remove a major player who wasn't bringing in a profit as well as his loyal team, then I'd question why they axe Dave and keep Smedley. Dave has been keeping all the EverQuest branches moving from what I understand. If there's no profit coming out of SOE, I'd look to Smed first.

People confirmed cut so far

Dave Georgeson - Director of Development
    Linda Carlson - Community Manager
    Akil Hooper - Game developer
    Aaron Bisnett - Character/item artist
    Douglas VanDerveer - Game Designer
    Annah Bianchi - Community Manager
    Aimee Rekoske - Community Relations Project Manager
    Tiffany Spence - Social media department
    Steve Danuser - Lead Content Designer and Head of Story
    Eric Smith - Associate Producer
    Noah Watkins - Graphic designer

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    People confirmed cut so far

Dave Georgeson - Director of Development
    Linda Carlson - Community Manager
    Akil Hooper - Game developer
    Aaron Bisnett - Character/item artist
    Douglas VanDerveer - Game Designer
    Annah Bianchi - Community Manager
    Aimee Rekoske - Community Relations Project Manager
    Tiffany Spence - Social media department
    Steve Danuser - Lead Content Designer and Head of Story
    Eric Smith - Associate Producer
    Noah Watkins - Graphic designer
    Are these their job on EQN or are these spread across titles?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    If its all on EQN the game might as well be cancelled 0.o
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

everyone on that list are EQN devs/staff/related

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    I was expecting across multiple titles and had the same thought, but figured I wouldn't make assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    I followed a lot of EQN people on twitter, and so far they all appear to be EQN related...

You are going to have to support that with something resembling an argument.
    That you have a guy who was pretty much, "Mr. Everquest" laid off shortly after the company splits from SOE.

That you have larger layoffs within the company despite their statements that the increased funding from the investment company would mean they had more money to spend on growing their games and teams.

Seriously, when are layoffs, especially when they include major leadership positions, a good thing?

Well...outside of Mark Kern and Red 5. So one time that I can think of : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That you have a guy who was pretty much, "Mr. Everquest" laid off shortly after the company splits from SOE.

That you have larger layoffs within the company despite their statements that the increased funding from the investment company would mean they had more money to spend on growing their games and teams.

Seriously, when are layoffs, especially when they include major leadership positions, a good thing?

Well...outside of Mark Kern and Red 5. So one time that I can think of : P
    See?

That's how you make an argument :P