Akil Hooper - Game developer
    Aaron Bisnett - Character/item artist
    Douglas VanDerveer - Game Designer
    Annah Bianchi - Community Manager
    Aimee Rekoske - Community Relations Project Manager
    Tiffany Spence - Social media department
    Steve Danuser - Lead Content Designer and Head of Story
    Eric Smith - Associate Producer
    Noah Watkins - Graphic designer/ Web Artist / UI Artist (worked on graphic stuff for all SOE stuff)

H1Z1

Noah Watkin - Web Artist / UI Artist/Graphic designer
    Kelduum Revaan - Programmer

Planetside 2:

Katharine Anderson - Build master
    Xander Clauss - Base designer
    Taylor Dowel -Systems designer
    Last edited by Throren; 2015-02-11 at 11:33 PM.

Being a long time EQ1 player, EQ2 player, and fan of the EQ franchise in general, this kinda stung a little bit in both a good way and a bad way. Currently, I think a lot of people(myself included) will agree that what we saw so far from EQNext, it didn't look well, both graphically and game play wise. HOPEFULLY these changes will be for the better IF the game continues development. I know personally, I am NOT a fan of the hectic "action" combat they showed off and no structure in groups. The group gameplay was going to be GW2'ish which was a clusterfuck at best, and it showed in group dungeons. Lack of healing, lack of tanks, lack of STRUCTURE.

Hopefully structure will be brought back into view. Its sad to see people go in general. It will effect their families, etc. Hope for the best for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    See?

That's how you make an argument :P
    Didn't come in here to make an argument. Just to share the news.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You didn't really share any news. You just said this game was over. That's not news, that's just an observation.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't really share any news. You just said this game was over. That's not news, that's just an observation.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I linked an article with the news of the layoffs.

I linked an article with the news of the layoffs.
    Which is different from saying that the game is over.

You misrepresented the news by giving your opinion as news which you didn't support with an argument.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Which is different from saying that the game is over.

You misrepresented the news by giving your opinion as news which you didn't support with an argument.
    Who cares? This isn't a scientific discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    So head count as of now for all those canned

Everquest

Dave Georgeson - Director of Development
    Linda Carlson - Community Manager
    Akil Hooper - Game developer
    Aaron Bisnett - Character/item artist
    Douglas VanDerveer - Game Designer
    Annah Bianchi - Community Manager
    Aimee Rekoske - Community Relations Project Manager
    Tiffany Spence - Social media department
    Steve Danuser - Lead Content Designer and Head of Story
    Eric Smith - Associate Producer
    Noah Watkins - Graphic designer/ Web Artist / UI Artist (worked on graphic stuff for all SOE stuff)
    Does anyone know if EQ1/EQ2/EQN share teams or if they are separate?

Because this could either be really bad for EQN the game or EQ the whole IP.

I believe they're separate for the most part, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some overlap here and there. I know each game has their own specific producer (Holly Longdale for EQ2, Thom Terrazas for EQ1, and I forget who for Landmark).

The issue is Georgeson and the others fired were the face of EQN and responsible for the current direction with the voxel engine, sandbox approach etc. that a lot of us find so appealing. With all of them gone ... who are they going to replace them with that won't just ship this off into some gutted console crap/mobile farmville F2P?

Here's an interesting thought -

Now that George is gone, will we find out more info about EQN or will he still be unable to talk about it? Would be interesting if he shed some light on the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Would be interesting if he shed some light on the project.
    NDA's yo. He can probably share very vague information, but I wouldn't expect anything very substantial : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe new people will do well for EQ franchise. New people can be good.

Who cares? This isn't a scientific discussion.
    You don't need it to be a scientific discussions. ANY discussion, got a claim? Back it up and such.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

a couple people on the list like Akil Hooper and Aaron were also stillk doing stuff for EQ2 last I checked

Also it's been hinted that possibly all contracted employees have been laid off as well

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    a couple people on the list like Akil Hooper and Aaron were also stillk doing stuff for EQ2 last I checked

Also it's been hinted that possibly all contracted employees have been laid off as well
    For many of them, I can see them being contract workers. But Dave and Linda and a few of the others? No way they weren't full timers.

Here's the statement from Daybreak about the layoffs...

"As part of a strategic decision to rationalize the business, Daybreak Game Company announced today that it will eliminate positions in both its San Diego and Austin studios. This alignment of resources better positions the newly independent studio for future growth opportunities and developments, including delivering on its legacy of making top online games and establishing a solid foundation for future multi-platform success. These reductions will not affect the operation of current games and the company will continue on its mission to partner with its player community to drive the future and push the boundaries of online gaming."

I suspect they'll be concentrating on cheaper to make mobile games now. EQN is as good as dead. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.

RIP in pepperonies EQN. The one MMO that was bold enough to try something new and different, and it becomes vaporware ):
    You just lost The Game

If its true, it suck for those who dropped 50-100$ + on the landmark pack...

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    The issue is Georgeson and the others fired were the face of EQN and responsible for the current direction with the voxel engine, sandbox approach etc. that a lot of us find so appealing. With all of them gone ... who are they going to replace them with that won't just ship this off into some gutted console crap/mobile farmville F2P?
    This. For once, there is a high probability that the sky actually is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    If its true, it suck for those who dropped 50-100$ + on the landmark pack...
    Yeah... think they'll give me a partial refund after playing for a year?
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2015-02-12 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    Well, I wasn't hyped about the game, and there seem to have been little hype at all.
    However, it was the only somewhat big mmo production currently being in development.
    Titan got scrapped, Eve online devs vampire mmo got scrapped, and now... most likely, this game is being scrapped or perhaps reduced in size, quality and cost. It's a shame, but we - the mmo players are facing years of draught in big mmo games. There is no hype about nothing, and there is usually something we are all waiting for... could it be Star wars, GW2 and so on. But now there is nothing, and we dont know what to come. It's a bit sad

I do wonder if Dave was fired because of the crappy action combat system for EQ Next, lets face it, it failed in Wildstar and ESO too:P bad idea to keep same system moving forward, since everyone prefers proper tab targeting/trinity combat in MMOs, look at how WoW sub increased so much this year alone.