Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So where's Vol'jin in 5.2?

Its great that Lor'themar Theron is whipping the Sunreavers into shape, and that Jaina is bringing the Kirin Tor along, but does anything else think theyre kind of.. not the best forces to be leading with?

Vol'jin is the one who opposed the whole troll empire thing, and this is the biggest troll raid since ever. Theres even a novel coming out about Vol'jin in 5.2. So where is Vol'jin in 5.2?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    and where is king Raskastang? Any way the Zandalar king

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Its great that Lor'themar Theron is whipping the Sunreavers into shape, and that Jaina is bringing the Kirin Tor along, but does anything else think theyre kind of.. not the best forces to be leading with?

Vol'jin is the one who opposed the whole troll empire thing, and this is the biggest troll raid since ever. Theres even a novel coming out about Vol'jin in 5.2. So where is Vol'jin in 5.2?
    I guess you will see him at the end of the main quest chain rallying his allies and opening his talks with Varian through Chen, or something like that.

Deleted
    I think we will learn more about this in his novel Shadows of the Horde, where he'll be put to a choice that can save or doom his people, I think that choice is joining the Zandalari, and it wouldn't be wise of him to show up anyways while Garrosh is keeping an eye on things. I will come out in April, which is near the time of 5.2 release (maybe).

I don't think this is as much a troll raid as everyone says. Looking at the bosses, it doesn't look like any of them are trolls. Maybe one of the council fights.

Also, check this out:
    Zandalari forces have begun scouting the shores of Pandaria, searching for the perfect invasion point. The Zandalari can be found in Krasarang Wilds, Dread Wastes, Townlong Steppes, Jade Forest, and Kun-Lai Summit. Zandalari Scouts can be handled by 1 or 2 players, while elite Zandalari Warbringers will likely require a full party of 5 heroes. Defeat Warbringers to gain special drops, including crafting materials, reputation gains, an achievement, and even the chance to get one of three new rare mounts!
    It looks like this is only the beginning of Zandalari troll involvement. Perhaps there's a more troll centric raid coming in 5.4

The other point I have to make is at the end of 5.1 vol'Jin says he's going to lay low for awhile and start making his own plans. That's going to take more than a patch. He still needs Garrosh to think he's dead.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Vol'jin is chilling out enjoying all the amenities at hotel Shado Pan

I hope to see whats hes doing in 5.2 especially seeing that the zandalari trolls are gonna play a big part in 5.2 would be great to have his take on the situation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    I don't think this is as much a troll raid as everyone says. Looking at the bosses, it doesn't look like any of them are trolls. Maybe one of the council fights.
    At least a quarter of the raid involves trolls. (Jin'rokh the Breaker, Horridon and the Zandalari Council) Tortos and Megaera might involve trolls aswell, as they kinda seem like troll loa's/gods.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    At least a quarter of the raid involves trolls. (Jin'rokh the Breaker, Horridon and the Zandalari Council) Tortos and Megaera might involve trolls aswell, as they kinda seem like troll loa's/gods.
    Yeah, I just saw the dungeon journal page and the first 3 involve trolls. That still means it's not a troll raid. My point still stands. I still think the biggest thing people are missing is the "Creature" part of the patch notes. The Zandalari are only scouting. I think more will be coming as the patches progress, much like the Alliance and Horde forces.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still getting over his stab wound.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Where is Rexxar?
    What even drives the thought that he might be involved in any way?

Without the quest text or any of the dialogue, it's difficult to say who is or is not involved beyond the obvious candidates.

If and when Vol'jin does show up, it'll probably be in a quest event where he recruits Lor'themar into the rebellion. Regardless I'll be shocked if he doesn't pledge his assistance to the rebellion by the end of 5.2, even if he doesn't do so publicly. If Vol'jin is smart, he'd want a massive large-scale uprising to take place across the entire Horde all at once. That way Garrosh's won't be able to effectively counter the rebellion and be swiftly forced to retreat to Orgrimmar.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    What even drives the thought that he might be involved in any way?
    Rexxar is the Champion of the Horde, was instrumental in adding the Darkspear trolls to the Horde, defended Org during its founding, warded off the first major Alliance attack on the new Horde, and was buddies with Chen Stormstout, who was also along for the ride.

He'd be all over this Horde internal strife if he wasn't bust sitting on his hands in Outland with his ogre buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Rexxar is the Champion of the Horde, was instrumental in adding the Darkspear trolls to the Horde, defended Org during its founding, warded off the first major Alliance attack on the new Horde, and was buddies with Chen Stormstout, who was also along for the ride.

He'd be all over this Horde internal strife if he wasn't bust sitting on his hands in Outland with his ogre buddies.
    Rexxar doesn't like people. The internal strife is a big reason for it. If anything, it should make him stay away. The only possible draw is Chen, but he is no longer the wandering mystic that drew Rexxar to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is Vol'jin can't come back in the open yet. In the Horde scenario "Dagger in the Dark" he leaves players to tell Garrosh that he is dead while he recovers in the Shado-Pan monastery. Even with the threat of the Zanadalaria on the rise Vol'jin can't make his entrance just yet with Garrosh and his supporters under the impression he died in the Saurok cave.

So I bet Lor'themar will send us to Vol'jin to work with him behind the scenes as we progress with our respective faction on Thunder Isle. Like how in Domination point we caught up with the leaders every now and then to check on progress.

Deleted
    Vol'jin will not be seen til Siege. Seen the Dark Knight rises? Vol'jin will be doing a Batman and come out of fucking nowhere to stop Garrosh and Garrosh like Bane will shit himself.

Vol'jin is dead, at least according to Garrosh. He is keeping a low profile while he works out a plan to take Garrosh out. Showing up to take on the new patch would completely ruin his plans as much as he would like to be there repelling the Zandalari.
    Im just glad Lor'themar is getting some spotlight for once.

Right now, Vol'jin is probably more concerned about all that's gone on at the Echo Isles, rather than remaining on Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    and where is king Raskastang? Any way the Zandalar king
    This.
    Vol'jin must be recovering from his wounds

If Vol'jin isn't shown anywhere in 5.2, expect the upcoming novel to fill in the void.