Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Druid Tier 15 and Season 13 Preview, AskMrRobot Upgrade, Dec 21 Hotfixes, Blue Posts

DiabloFans - "Holiday in Sanctuary" Giveaway!

Druid Tier 15 and Season 13 Armor Sets Preview
    Keep in mind that this is just a preview and the final sets may be different!

AskMrRobot Gear Upgrade Support
    AskMrRobot now supports gear upgrades, making it possible to easily optimize your gear once again! They are also working on adding a feature that tells you which items to upgrade, as some slots will gain more from an upgrade than others. For the full details on what has changed and what is upcoming, see this blog post.

Patch 5.1 Hotfixes - December 21
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Quests
    • Shan Kien will now respawn properly.
    • The quest "What's in the Box?" can now always be completed properly.

Items

Dungeons, Raids & Scenarios

Bug Fixes

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Charms and repetition of content
    No, All we want is: Remove dailys. Give us tabards to get rep Gain 2 charms every bg/instance u do. Playing a game is for fun. So you forget rl and enjoy the game with friends. Unfortunately some ppl see it as full time job.
    So, basically, you want to go back to the Cataclysm model (where dungeons are the source of rewards for several avenues). The very same model the developers have said several times they would like to move away from.

And on top of that, you want to get rid of a feature of the game... just because.
    You don't really seem to take into consideration that there's people that actually enjoy running dailies and they'd rather not have to do dungeons ad nauseam (there're players that feel the opposite, as well, as this thread proved).

Also, there're other methods to increase certain reputations if you truly don't want to do dailies (Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Tillers (for individual friendships), Nat Pagle (of the Anglers) and Order of the Cloud Serpent).

But at the end of the day, it feels like some of these posts have an underlying message: "I only want to do dungeons/raids (but not LFR)". And, just as we've said in the past to PVP players that the developers want them to also experience the PVE part of the game, this should probably be said for those players as well: there's all this content outside dungeons/raiding available to you, that you can do if you so wish to. But, if you're willingly chosing not to take part on *that* content, is it truly fair to ask for everyone else to be forced to do the kind of content you personally enjoy?

That is exactly what I am saying, I wish to go dungeons, raids. You say more content is available out side of these. Where?

Scenario - no healer is need.
    Daily Quests - impossible as healer.

Tell me how you wish me to play your game please?

You have two talent specializations. Why not have one for DPS? Even if it's a different healing spec, do you really need it at every single moment of the day? It's your choice to go with two healing specs, and that obviously comes with a downside (just as a tank that decides to go with two different tanking specs and argues his DPS is low on that content).

Proceeding to argue that because you run with a dual healing spec there's no content you can do is not going to get you very far because the answer is simple: use a DPS spec for that content.

No offense meant, but that is quite a arrogant solution. What if said person does not enjoy dpsing? So they are forced to make a dpsspec to do the content? Thats smells more like bad design.
    If you are arguing that it's bad design that you're expected to do damage to defeat your foes (which is what you do on daily quests and scenarios) then I have the feeling we're just disagreeing on a fundamental level: what makes this game an (MMO)RPG.

You can't heal your foes to death (at least not yet), so if you don't want to DPS but want to do dailies, nothing short of divine intervention will help you solve your case. It really sounds like we just disagree on the most fundamental level: how the game should be played on its most basic level.

The real question here is - If endgame daily content is only beeing created for 1 role of 3 in the game... what effect does it have on the overall role balance in the game? Are there too many tanks in LFD ? Are there lines of Healers waiting in LFR ? No... and you wonder why?- When the endgame every day grind content is focused for DPS?
    Has there ever been daily quests that didn't involve damaging something? (Yes, there's always been quests that require you to gather items, which is still the case). You're trying to relate queue times to daily quest design, but you can't really compare apples to oranges. Some players might not change their spec to do their dailies, but some will actually use their dps off-spec to go through them quicker.

In a world of Dual Talent Specs, NPCs giving you green quality gear to start your off-spec, there's not much reason to say you can't do that content other than *actively* refusing to use the tools at your disposal to make the most out of the game.

Forcing them to go spend time per week doing totally and utterly meaningless daily content in sub par dps gear is just a disgrace.
    If it's "utterly meaningless content"... then why bother doing it? Other than the charms, you're not losing anything from not doing that content (you'll gear up slower since you won't be raising your reputations either, but regardless, you'll gear up eventually).

But that does not solve the big issue of the game. The big issue right now is that MOP is very unfriendly to alts and just mean and unfair to multirole characters. That needs to be fixed asap.
    While it's probably fair to say that Mists is unfriendly to alts (which is something the developers have tried to ease with the Grand Commendations for Mists reputations, for example); to go and say that is unfair to "multirole characters" when you're screaming at the same time that you're refusing to use the other roles of your character is sheer contradiction.

In the last patch they reduced it from 20 to 5. So now it's even easier to hand them in and get extra rep
    Yes. As of 5.1, the repeteable quest for The Klaxxi (Seeds of Fear) now only requires 5 Dread Amber Shards

1) Scenarios - there was no reason to exclude healers from this content, the content can have scaled dependant on the party make up. A tank joins? Then the mobs do need a tank. A healer joins? Then less mobs exist, though they do hit hard enough for a healer to be needed (so in effect the scenario is of the same length time wise, though every one still has a role to play).
    You can enter a scenario and heal if that's what you want. Same deal with a tank. It's just not required to complete them, but the game is not going to penalize your group for it. (If anything, both cases might allow more reckless play from the two DPS).

2) Daily Quests - I am not the only healer in WoW so place healing daily quests in the game.
    So, what about the classes that don't have a healing spec? They should be excluded from them because they chose the wrong class? While not all classes can heal (or tank), all of them can DPS. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Auction House Purchase Orders
    Personally I must say I kind of like this idea, not sure if it would be that easy to implement tough.
    Could be something like a simple WTB AH tab, and I supposed a timer would need to be associated with the purchase order as well.

But to be honest I think we would see some sort of reversed undercutting between buyers.

Let’s imagine for example:

Player A: Wants to buy 10 Fight Club at 1337 gold each.
    Player B: Sees Player A’s offer and decides he wants to buy 10 Fight Club at 1338 each.
    Player C: See’s all the available options and sells to the “highest bidder” = Player B.

I would still have a few concerns though, this would probably bring excessive complexity to the AH, because for example, if you are a seller, you are probably going to end up doing some extra work, not only you will have to check the current AH prices from other sellers (competitors), but you would also check the buyers offers against one another and against the current sellers prices in order to find the option that would benefit you the most.

Buyers would see a similar competition to sellers when they face constant undercutting. This would probably create a certain frustration because when you are a buyer, chances are you need those items more urgently than when you are a seller, since sellers only get gold.
    So the sense of urgency from buyers would probably work against the success of this implementation.

Still I think this is a good idea and I’m probably exaggerating a bit when I speculate about the possible consequences. We just need to make sure that ideas are sound before we spend resources on them, we need to be sure that not only they would work, but that enough players would actually benefit and experience better gameplay because of it.

I’ll share the suggestion with the devs, but I suspect this isn’t something new to them, we’ll see. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Justice Points Rewards
    Why is it that lvl 85s can earn more JP per hour than a 90 can? The 85 heroics still grant excellent rewards when doing them as 85s. Isn't this somewhat wrong? Should not increasing your level give you an advantage rather than a disadvantage?
    Looking at the gear you can get for Justice Points, and knowing that people can hop into heroics at level 90 which rewards better gear than JPs are exchanged for, it makes sense that you don't get or need heaps of JPs once you're level 90.

Having said that, we've acknowledged that parts of the JP system wasn't ideal at the start of MoP. The JP gear would be more useful pre-90, while some people at level cap have mentioned they were sometimes finding JPs stacking up with nothing to spend them on. We'll make tweaks along the way to improve things as needed, based on feedback and monitoring of course. Converting excess VP to JP in 5.2 for those of you who need the points is a nice start. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Curse Launches Gamepedia
    Curse has launched a brand new platform to compile information on games like Minecraft, DotA 2, Borderlands 2, WoW, and dozens more. As of now, there are 244,000 articles compiled by over 415,000 users with numbers growing by the minute.

Wait, people are complaining about not being able to kill stuff in dailies as a non-dps spec? O.O What the hell has this "community" come to....

LOVE the T15, but the S13?! Wth? Just what we need.. a skull in the crotch. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    The patience of the blue on those blue posts is beyond 9000. :b
    Earning even the smallest bit of penny there.
    Respect!

Deleted
    that druid season 13 looks incredible, the belt OMG :O

Do people really like these massive shoulders? They get more ridiculous every tier. Also omfg there is a spider in it. I'll have to start using transmog if I get them. There is no way I could handle having a spider on me.

Why are they so hellbent on making us go out into the world? It's almost like we're in an art exhibition and the artists there are forcing our eyes open and holding our heads in the direction of their art.

Actually just reduce the time needed to cap the rep imo. The reason we hate the dalies is because it takes a *little* too long to reach the required rep.
    Last edited by Jin84; 2012-12-23 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    am i reading that correctly? they nerfed _normal_ elegon?

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    am i reading that correctly? they nerfed _normal_ elegon?
    Yes, the nerfed Normal Elegon. What's the big deal?

Anyone who is past him, this does not affect.

Anyone who is stuck on him, almost 3 months after his release, this will benefit. Yes, there are still people stuck on him. Not everyone is as awesome at this game as the MMO-C community is, where everyone is in 6/6H 6/6H 3/4H guilds.

Not trying to sound nasty, but to assume people aren't stuck on a boss because you aren't is kind of selfish.

Stone Guard: 34643 (97.55%)
    Four Kings: 30294 (85.30%)

Elegon: 20791 (58.54%)
    Will of the Emperor: 19068 (53.69%)

87% of guilds that have killed Stone Guard have gotten to Elegon.

Only 69% of guilds that have gotten to Elegon have killed him.

Elegon 10 man normal statistics: Kills: 11.0% Wipes: 89.0% ; 60576 kills, 488807 wipes, 11.0 % success.
    Elegon 10 man Heroic statistics: Kills: 11.1% Wipes: 88.9% ; 11561 kills, 92680 wipes, 11.1 % success.

Elegon 25 man normal statistics: Kills: 14.5% Wipes: 85.5% ; 9583 kills, 56320 wipes, 14.5 % success.
    Elegon 25 man Heroic statistics: Kills: 9.4% Wipes: 90.6% ; 4433 kills, 42661 wipes, 9.4 % success

The identical success / wipe ratio for 10 man likely also played a hand in the nerf.

Spirit Kings 10 man success ratios are 27.4% for normal, and dropping to 7.3% for Heroic
    Will of the Emperor 10 man success ratios are 32.7%, for normal, and dropping to 6.2% for Heroic

Normal to Heroic ratios average about 4-5x higher for normal than heroic. Based on the nature of Elegon's mechanics being a step-up in comparison to mostly everything else in MSV, his normal success rate should be somewhere around 30-35%. While that seems high, it would be kept in line when comparing other fights.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2012-12-23 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    Why are they so hellbent on making us go out into the world? It's almost like we're in an art exhibition and the artists there are forcing our eyes open and holding our heads in the direction of their art.

Actually just reduce the time needed to cap the rep imo. The reason we hate the dalies is because it takes a *little* too long to reach the required rep.
    No, you kids hate dailies because you think the game should hand everything to you for 0 effort like Cataclysm.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I hate dailies! Having to grind the same things over and over rep for gear is just crap! Bring back a more fun system, where I can wear a tabard and grind the same things over and over for rep for gear!"

Do other people not see how silly this is?

Can we get the tier models shown on female toons? Sometimes the armor looks different on females rather than males so it would be beneficial to see both sexes model the armor.

Guy wants to heal not DPS, Guy wants to be able to do what HE enjoys in a game not be forced into a role he doesn't. I kind of understand where he is coming from. The blue flat out says "get a dps spec" not really in line with "play your way" is it? After you have 463+ Heroics are pointless except for valor and personal enjoyment. Raids are typically done 3 or 4 nights a week with a guild. Leaving this guy little to do.

Really dis like the "charms are not needed" line also, any serious raided will feel compelled to get them every week. Obviously its optional as is EVERYTHING in this game.

Deleted
    Some of those complaints are just completely retarded...

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Can we get the tier models shown on female toons? Sometimes the armor looks different on females rather than males so it would be beneficial to see both sexes model the armor.
    You can check them on wowhead on whatever race / gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    No, you kids hate dailies because you think the game should hand everything to you for 0 effort like Cataclysm.
    You mean Wrath, don't you? :P It was like the only expansion where I can recall be able to heal people through standing in fire like idiots. Boy was that tough to work out of some people's heads when Cataclysm started. I had people literally standing in stuff getting killed blaming me as a healer because it was impossible for them to move slightly out of the damage's way.

Oh and remember Occulous? The one where you had to fly on drakes of different colors and use them to beat the boss at the end? I remember it, talk about handing you stuff for barely any effort. Blizz offered a chance at a mount, gems, and extra loot just to get people to actually DO the dungeon. It wasn't really hard to do but god would it take forever to get a tank who wouldn't drop the moment he got que'd for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That blue just burned that person lol. Good on them.

Apply water to the burned area meme*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Guy wants to heal not DPS, Guy wants to be able to do what HE enjoys in a game not be forced into a role he doesn't. I kind of understand where he is coming from. The blue flat out says "get a dps spec" not really in line with "play your way" is it? After you have 463+ Heroics are pointless except for valor and personal enjoyment. Raids are typically done 3 or 4 nights a week with a guild. Leaving this guy little to do.
    All healers still have basic DPS abilities. So like always, you can either do the content at your leisure, or go the extra mile and expedite the process. In this case, it would be by using another talent spec.

Really dis like the "charms are not needed" line also, any serious raided will feel compelled to get them every week. Obviously its optional as is EVERYTHING in this game.
    People that put in more effort can get more rewards.

Make sense now?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    That blue is unbelievable.

Play how the devs think you should play.....

No. Thats whats wrong with bliz, they are designing for the devs ideals, not the players wants. People should have as many options as possible, not restricted by the devs. Last game that teied that tanked, swtor.

Cata:
    "This is dumb the world is so empty"

MoP:
    "This is dumb why do they expect us to actually go out and see the world"

Typical player logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    That blue is unbelievable.

Play how the devs think you should play.....

No. Thats whats wrong with bliz, they are designing for the devs ideals, not the players wants. People should have as many options as possible, not restricted by the devs. Last game that teied that tanked, swtor.
    You can raid
    You can do LFR
    You can do dailies
    You can buy gear off the AH
    You can buy gear off the black market AH
    You can have gear crafted for you

This in comparison to past expansions where the answer was:

You can raid
    You can have gear crafted for you that requires the person making it to raid

Tell me again how we now have fewer options.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.